+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Cash Turnstile in Dens Park

At the end of the day Linda will do as he pleases and answer to no one, certainly not us plebs or anyone us plebs put up to try and get answers.

Away to see Charlton over the weekend.

Shiny, well kept stadium in an absolute **** hole of an area.

Can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    At the end of the day Linda will do as he pleases and answer to no one, certainly not us plebs or anyone us plebs put up to try and get answers.

Away to see Charlton over the weekend.

Shiny, well kept stadium in an absolute **** hole of an area.

Can be done.
    The Dundee supporters should be organising a protest.
    I previously posted on here that the Dundee supporters should boycott purchasing a ticket for the Scottish Cup tie against Airdrie on 26th November 2022 which was unbelievably was all ticket as a protest about a lack of cash turnstiles for this game. In event the attendance was less than 3,000 with over 600 Airdrie supporters at the game.
    I received a complaint from Grant Hill, Vice Chairman of Dee4life who stated that a Dee4life Director should not be stating on a football forum that Dundee supporters should be boycotting a Dundee FC home Scottish Cup tie as it was not the done thing to do.
    That is why nothing gets done by the Dee4life board of directors because a majority of them do not want to upset John Nelms at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Tie pins? Seriously?

Nobody even wears a tie these days so why would they invest money into a stock of tie pins? Are they completely nuts?
    It was not my suggestion as I was totally against it but a majority of Dee4life directors were favour despite not thinking things through.
    You are correct that nobody wears a tie nowadays so purchasing a supply of exclusive Dee4life tie pins was in my opinion crazy but I was outvoted.
    I told them that five years ago I won a Dundee FC tie pin in a quiz organised by Ally Donaldson at a Dundee FC Seniors Group meeting and it has lain unused in a drawer since then.
    My point was that the exclusive Dee4life tie pins should be advertised for sale in the Dee4life monthly newsletter instead of eventually being written off in the accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Royal Mail should terminate their contract with Amazon and leave Amazon to deliver their parcels using their own delivery drivers and vans which they do in the cities including Dundee.
    When I order goods online from firms like Lakeland their parcel is delivered by Hermes to a parcels depot in Glasgow where it is transported to Islay to be delivered by the local carrier on Islay. It works fine.
    Amazon could do the same and the problem of the delivery of letters on Islay would end overnight as the pressure to deliver the Amazon parcels within 24 hours for Amazon Prime customers would be transferred to the local carrier whose staff have been trained to only deliver parcels.
    When the market was opened offcom made it clear that national companies had to open up there structure to other companies though it’s a one way process, all the phone companies got into BT

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    When the market was opened offcom made it clear that national companies had to open up there structure to other companies though it’s a one way process, all the phone companies got into BT
    Absolutely. Also the price they got was related to probable profits and the price/earnings ratios that were common for the FTSE registered on the Stock Exchange. Absolutely no account was taken of the cist of the assets that were being acquired. Totally unfair and in my opinion equivalent to theft. Suppose a company could make an annual profit of £500m. The approximate P/E of 20 so on this basis the company could be sold for £10bn. That is a lot of money but it is nowhere near the replacement costs of say the water companies or British Gas or BT.
    It is still going on today. British companies with share prices based on their earnings when the assets employed are worth significantly more. Shareholder get a bit of a premium on their shareholding and the company is sliced and diced by the new owners. British worker is thrown on the scrap heap and we are all ultimately poorer. Oops of down another rabbit hole.
    American owners are not asset strippers which makes me question what they think they are doing at DFC. PATG would transform our club. Bring in loads of new supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Absolutely. Also the price they got was related to probable profits and the price/earnings ratios that were common for the FTSE registered on the Stock Exchange. Absolutely no account was taken of the cist of the assets that were being acquired. Totally unfair and in my opinion equivalent to theft. Suppose a company could make an annual profit of £500m. The approximate P/E of 20 so on this basis the company could be sold for £10bn. That is a lot of money but it is nowhere near the replacement costs of say the water companies or British Gas or BT.
    It is still going on today. British companies with share prices based on their earnings when the assets employed are worth significantly more. Shareholder get a bit of a premium on their shareholding and the company is sliced and diced by the new owners. British worker is thrown on the scrap heap and we are all ultimately poorer. Oops of down another rabbit hole.
    American owners are not asset strippers which makes me question what they think they are doing at DFC. PATG would transform our club. Bring in loads of new supporters.
    It has previously been stated that our American owners were interested in purchasing a majority shareholding in either St Mirren or ourselves because each football club had no debt.
    Sadly they had not down their homework.
    St Mirren had no debt because they had sold their football ground Love Street to Tesco for a huge sum of money while Dundee FC had no debt because they had recently exited Administration having been shorn of all their debts apart from Football debt and the cost of the Administration.
    John Nelms also stated in August 2013 that he had been at a recent pre season friendly between Dundee and United which was a full house.
    Nelms assumed that if a pre season friendly resulted in a full house then this would happen for league games.
    Only one problem. There had not been a Derby match between ourselves and United for a number of years so there was a novelty factor resulting in the unusually large crowd for a pre season friendly.
    This would never happen during the season unless something was at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Everyone knows that PATG would transform our club, brining in loads of new supporters apart from John Nelms who will not admit that he has made a mistake.
    If Dee4life had their primary and secondary representatives on the DFC board of directors they could explain to Nelms that PATG would increase the income to the club throughout the season.
    The hundreds of people queuing up outside the ticket office on 2nd January 2023 before the home game against Arbroath to purchase a ticket because there were no cash turnstiles open should have been a ‘wake up’ call for Nelms and Greg Fenton but instead they have done nothing preferring to ‘kick the can down the road’.

If Dee4life had their primary and secondary representatives on the DFC board of directors they could explain to Nelms that PATG would increase the income to the club throughout the season.
    How could they explain anything to him when he would refuse to recognise them and certainly wouldn't agree to sit in a room with them?

Everyone knows that PATG would transform our club, brining in loads of new supporters apart from John Nelms who will not admit that he has made a mistake.
    Islay, you say that PATG would in your words transform our club. How many extra do you think would turn up at Dens for home games if PATG was introduced?

It would have to be a really significant number to transform the club like you suggest. I agree that Nelms has made a mistake in not allowing PATG for home games, but i would suggest that the extra numbers that did turn up if PATG was brought back would hardly transform the club like you claim.

Quote Originally Posted by thegen65 View Post
    Islay, you say that PATG would in your words transform our club. How many extra do you think would turn up at Dens for home games if PATG was introduced?

It would have to be a really significant number to transform the club like you suggest. I agree that Nelms has made a mistake in not allowing PATG for home games, but i would suggest that the extra numbers that did turn up if PATG was brought back would hardly transform the club like you claim.
    We have had the golden opportunity this season to encourage people to attend home games at Dens Park as we are playing in the Premier League while United are playing in the Championship.
    These are the type of people who might decide to attend home games at Dens Park but they cannot be bothered with the rigmarole of having to purchase a ticket online at an extra cost, purchase a ticket from the ticket office during the week leading up to the game or stand in a long queue to purchase their ticket from the Ticket office before the game.
    Unfortunately the club never announced the attendance at last Tuesday evening’s Dundee B v East Fife SPFL Trust cup tie but sitting in the Main Stand it looked that there were at least 500 people sitting in the Main Stand.
    The attendance will have been increased by admission being by cash only. Perhaps that is why the attendance was not announced by the management of the club because it would have proved that cash turnstiles are popular.
    There is an announcement on the Club website that the draw has been made for the different milestones as season tickets for the 2023-24 season have been sold.
    The final prize is when 1,500 season tickets have been sold which means that less than 2,000 season tickets have been sold unless this total excludes the number of under 12 £1 season tickets.
    To put it into perspective 410 under 12 season tickets @ £1 each equates to one full price season ticket costing £410.
    If less than 2,000 season tickets have been sold for the 2023-24 season this means that more than 50% of the people sitting in the home stands at the first game of this season were non season ticket holders who had purchased a ticket for the game.
    In my opinion the club should be making it as easy as possible for non season ticket holding Dundee supporters to attend home games at Dens Park and this includes opening a cash turnstile in the Main Stand.
    If the management of Dundee Football Club are concerned about people using a cash turnstile in the Main Stand sitting in a seat which has already been sold there is a simple solution.
    Open a cash turnstile in Section A, B and C of the Main Stand where Dundee supporters who want to PATG can sit.
    Problem solved.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)