+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cash Turnstile in Dens Park

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The prizes for season ticket holders when a milestone was reached was announced last Friday on the club website.
    There were prizes when the number of season tickets sold reached;
    A 250
    B 500
    C 1,000
    D 1,500
    This means that less than 2,000 season tickets have been sold for this season.
    I thought those prizes were designed to get people to buy as early as possible and were only for the very early purchases?

Were there ever supposed to be prizes at other levels? Was it ever announced for example that there would be a prize at 2,000 or 2,500? Or are you just being selective with your information and making another huge, and possibly completely wrong, assumption?

I reckon up to 500 extra fans.

People decide on the day or day before, it's a hassle without season tic.

500 home fans

Thank you for your response Islay.

[QUOTE=Returnofrros;40338451]I reckon up to 500 extra fans.

People decide on the day or day before, it's a hassle without season tic.[/QUOTE

I reckon 300 upwards depending on form etc.

I agree with Islay though that PATG should be introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    PATG won't happen because the club have a ticketing partner now, and I would be assuming they won't allow it because they have a contract allowing them exclusivity on ticket sales.

D4l having representatives on the club board would make no difference in this,or any other matter. Nelms can call board meetings via telephone,and not even tell them about it.
    I assume that is the same ticketing partner that was in place when we played our League Cup tie against ICT on Sunday 30th July 2023 which PATG for the ICT supporters sitting in the Bob Shankly Stand while it was all ticket for Dundee supporters sitting in the Bobby Cox Stand. Greg Fenton should be explaining why the management of Dundee Football Club showed favouritism to the ICT supporters by having PATG. It cannot be because of their ticketing partner but more likely another lame excuse by the management of Dundee Football Club for not having PATG for Dundee supporters.
    There are only about three DFC Ltd board of directors meetings per annum including one when the annual accounts are signed off as correct before the are submitted to Companies House for publication in their website.
    If Nelms calls a board meeting via a telephone call he needs to have sufficient directors present to have a quorum. You should know this.

[QUOTE=thegen65;40338482]
    Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I reckon up to 500 extra fans.

People decide on the day or day before, it's a hassle without season tic.[/QUOTE

I reckon 300 upwards depending on form etc.

I agree with Islay though that PATG should be introduced.
    Dee4life Director Kenny Valentine was supposed to have asked about the club reinstating PATG turnstiles when he had a meeting with Greg Fenton after the had handed over the ‘infamous’ hot water bottle to the DFC in the Community Trust in the first half of January 2023. Greg Fenton stated that he would look into and get back to him with his answer.
    When I was carrying out my volunteer work cleaning the seats in the Main Stand at the end of July 2022 Greg Fenton appeared to speak to the Groundsmen and then he came over thanks us for our hard work.
    I took the opportunity to ask Greg Fenton why there were no PATG turnstiles in the Main Stand and Bobby Cox Stand for the first home league game of the season against Partick Thistle.
    Greg replied that there was NO DEMAND for it but if there was he would look at it again.
    If Greg Fenton or any of the Dundee Football staff are reading this topic or were at the Dundee B v East Fife SPFL Trust cup tie last Tuesday night you will have noticed that there has been a demand since the beginning of the 2022-23 season but the management of Dundee Football Club are not paying attention.
    Incidentally despite Greg Fenton stating that there was no demand for PATG the 600+ Partick Thistle supporters attending the first home game of the 2022-23 season had PATG turnstiles in Bob Shankly Stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I thought those prizes were designed to get people to buy as early as possible and were only for the very early purchases?

Were there ever supposed to be prizes at other levels? Was it ever announced for example that there would be a prize at 2,000 or 2,500? Or are you just being selective with your information and making another huge, and possibly completely wrong, assumption?
    I obtained the information from the Club website.
    A number of SPFL clubs announce the number of season tickets sold throughout the close season but not the management of Dundee Football Club.
    Motherwell FC posted on their website in the middle of June 2023 the number of season tickets sold up to and including 8th June 2023, thanking their supporters for purchasing their season ticket and stating that the number sold was higher than at the same time last year.
    Partick Thistle FC after failing to gain promotion to the Premier League via the playoffs against Ross County posted on their website within a week how many season tickets had been sold and thanked their supporters for purchasing their season ticket despite these difficult times.
    What do we get from the management of Dundee Football Club on the Club website. Silence.
    It has been left to posters on the DBF trying to calculate the number of season tickets sold by counting the number of seats sold for the first home league game of the season against Motherwell. Someone counted that over 4,000 seats had been sold and he assumed that all these seats were held by season ticket holders.
    However that calculation was flawed as it also counted non season tickets holders purchasing tickets online and in the ticket office for the Motherwell game.
    Therefore we do have a clue how many season ticket holders we have for this season unless Greg Fenton or Managing Director John Nelms posts the information on the Club website.

A number of SPFL clubs announce the number of season tickets sold throughout the close season but not the management of Dundee Football Club.
    Motherwell FC posted on their website in the middle of June 2023 the number of season tickets sold up to and including 8th June 2023, thanking their supporters for purchasing their season ticket and stating that the number sold was higher than at the same time last year.
    Partick Thistle FC after failing to gain promotion to the Premier League via the playoffs against Ross County posted on their website within a week how many season tickets had been sold and thanked their supporters for purchasing their season ticket despite these difficult times.
    What do we get from the management of Dundee Football Club on the Club website. Silence.
    It has been left to posters on the DBF trying to calculate the number of season tickets sold by counting the number of seats sold for the first home league game of the season against Motherwell. Someone counted that over 4,000 seats had been sold and he assumed that all these seats were held by season ticket holders.
    However that calculation was flawed as it also counted non season tickets holders purchasing tickets online and in the ticket office for the Motherwell game.
    Therefore we do have a clue how many season ticket holders we have for this season unless Greg Fenton or Managing Director John Nelms posts the information on the Club website.
    Around 3400 apparently.

Every paying customer should be a prisoner....even those with cold hard cash.

It should be easier to get in Dens than wynd up a dab.....but the club just don't seem to get it

But none of that is what you said and once again you're deflecting. You stated that, based on an announcement by the club that some prizes had been awarded for the 250, 500, 1,000 and 1,500 season ticket sales milestones, it means that less than 2,000 season tickets had been sold. Total nonsense.

The person on TDB who was counting seats to estimate season ticket sale numbers had it pointed out to them that the high number (over 4,000 at the time) was a bit flawed because the club had started selling Motherwell match tickets at the time. However, and if you were half as good at 'researching' as you think you are, you'd notice that the count was at around 3,700 before Motherwell ticket sales started.

It really is time you got this chip about Greg Fenton and John Nelms off your shoulder, it's obviously eating you up and causing you to make up blatant lies just to try to justify your hatred of them.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)