+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cash Turnstile in Dens Park

Cash Turnstile in Dens Park

Last week Dundee Football Club announced the admission prices for the Dundee B v East Fife SPFL Trust cup tie which is being played at Dens Park on Tuesday 15th August 2023 with a 7.45pm kick off.
    £10 for Adults and £5 for Concessions.
    Only the Main Stand will be open and admission will be by a cash turnstile.
    Perhaps the message has finally got home to John Nelms that a lot of non season ticket holders want a cash turnstile in the Main Stand for home games at Dens Park.

The previous round played at Forfar was PATG. The crowd for Tuesdays game will likely be only a few hundred so PATG makes sense for this game. Personally I reckon we should have PATG for all but the bigger SPFL games but I also reckon you'll be disappointed because the club have made it perfectly clear they will not go down the route of cash gates for the home ends and only reluctantly will there be cash away gates when the other club does not cooperate. Next season we will drag ourselves into the 21st century by finally setting up a proper online ticketless system. Folk in the shop said it would have been this season but club was contracted to current ticket providers for another season and it was our of their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    The previous round played at Forfar was PATG. The crowd for Tuesdays game will likely be only a few hundred so PATG makes sense for this game. Personally I reckon we should have PATG for all but the bigger SPFL games but I also reckon you'll be disappointed because the club have made it perfectly clear they will not go down the route of cash gates for the home ends and only reluctantly will there be cash away gates when the other club does not cooperate. Next season we will drag ourselves into the 21st century by finally setting up a proper online ticketless system. Folk in the shop said it would have been this season but club was contracted to current ticket providers for another season and it was our of their hands.
    That is yet another lame excuse by the management of Dundee Football Club for not introducing an E Ticketing scheme in Dens Park.
    In September 2022 the management of Dundee Football Club turned down an offer from Dee4life to pay for the full cost of the installation of an E Ticketing scheme in Dens Park.
    One excuse stated was that the internet network in Dens Park might not be able to cope with people paying their admission money at halftime as result of people in Dens Park switching on their iPhones to get the halftime scores elsewhere.
    We were given this excuse at a Dee4life board of directors meeting.
    I replied that few if any people pay their admission money at halftime and during the past season (2021-22) at several home games Dundee supporters had been pouring out of Dens Park before halftime as a result of the team facing another heavy defeat.
    In my opinion this time next season the management of Dundee Football Club will have another excuse for not installing an E ticketing system as we will be moving to the new stadium at Campy Nou and it is not worth the financial outlay.

Seriously though Islay, give it up and move on.

What people, D4L and a few others have still to learn......Linda has zero interest in supporters, zero.

Just about everyone who has had dealings with him have to a just about a man said the same thing.

Those that keep banging his drum have a vested interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    What people, D4L and a few others have still to learn......Linda has zero interest in supporters, zero.

Just about everyone who has had dealings with him have to a just about a man said the same thing.

Probably couldn't agree more

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

Linda must be running out of friends apart from those who have a vested interest.
    Anyone who has crossed him is immediately binned.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Seriously though Islay, give it up and move on.
    I set up the topic as a form of sarcasm and as a result of Dee4life members main gripe about the lack of cash turnstiles in Dens Park.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I set up the topic as a form of sarcasm and as a result of Dee4life members main gripe about the lack of cash turnstiles in Dens Park.
    You've polled all Dee4Life members and know for a fact that their main gripe is lack of a cash turnstile have you?

I suggest that's your main gripe and you just keep pressing it thinking the majority care as much as you do. I really believe the majority of fans will be more concerned about what's happening on the park than the lack of a pay gate. My main gripe or concern is why Nelms continues to show total disdain for Dundee fans generally and why he won't come clean about why his 'new stadium' just doesn't seem to be any closer to becoming a reality than it was eight years ago when we were told we'd be in it by last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    You've polled all Dee4Life members and know for a fact that their main gripe is lack of a cash turnstile have you?

I suggest that's your main gripe and you just keep pressing it thinking the majority care as much as you do. I really believe the majority of fans will be more concerned about what's happening on the park than the lack of a pay gate. My main gripe or concern is why Nelms continues to show total disdain for Dundee fans generally and why he won't come clean about why his 'new stadium' just doesn't seem to be any closer to becoming a reality than it was eight years ago when we were told we'd be in it by last season.
    In the latest communication from Dee4life it stated that the greatest number of emails they received from their members was about the lack of cash turnstiles in Dens Park for Dundee supporters who are non season ticket holders.
    Before the Motherwell match a person stopped me outside the Main Stand and asked which turnstile was pay at the gate.
    This person had travelled from beyond Brechin and did know that there was no longer a pay at the gate turnstile in the Main Stand.
    I told him that sadly he would have to purchase a ticket from the Ticket Office.
    This person remarked that the management of Dundee Football Club did not seem interested to make it as easy as possible for people to attend home games at Dens Park.
    Earlier this year it was reported that Dee4life Director Kenny Valentine had a meeting with Greg Fenton General Manager of Dundee Football Club about introducing cash turnstiles in the Main Stand and Bobby Cox Stand. From memory Greg Fenton said that he would investigate it but as usual we have heard no more about it.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)