+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Cash Turnstile in Dens Park

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    How could they explain anything to him when he would refuse to recognise them and certainly wouldn't agree to sit in a room with them?
    John Nelms has already had a meeting with Norrie Price and Gary Cocker in July 2022 which was constructive.
    Sadly this opportunity has been wasted by a majority of the current Dee4life board of directors who are unwilling to do anything which will upset John Nelms at all costs.
    The Dee4life Directors must tell their members in full at the next AGM which is due under their rules to take place by 30th November 2023 what has actually been happening in their attempt to get their primary representative elected onto the DFC Ltd board of directors.
    They also need to explain why they have not published the minutes of any Dee4life board of directors meetings since 16th January 2023 in the password protected Members section of their new website.
    They also need to explain why the archived minutes of previous board of directors meetings have not been transferred over to the new website despite the new website being in operation since the beginning of October 2022.
    They have IT experts on the Dee4life board of directors and an official volunteer who is an IT expert, so they should be getting the work done before it is lost for ever.
    Perhaps that is part of the plan to ‘sook up’ to John Nelms. Wipe out everything that has been stated in the minutes at previous Dee4life board
    of directors meetings to try to convince Nelms that they have nothing to do with the previous Dee4life boards of directors and they are now starting with the slate wiped completely clean.

PATG won't happen because the club have a ticketing partner now, and I would be assuming they won't allow it because they have a contract allowing them exclusivity on ticket sales.

D4l having representatives on the club board would make no difference in this,or any other matter. Nelms can call board meetings via telephone,and not even tell them about it.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    We have had the golden opportunity this season to encourage people to attend home games at Dens Park as we are playing in the Premier League while United are playing in the Championship.
    These are the type of people who might decide to attend home games at Dens Park but they cannot be bothered with the rigmarole of having to purchase a ticket online at an extra cost, purchase a ticket from the ticket office during the week leading up to the game or stand in a long queue to purchase their ticket from the Ticket office before the game.
    Unfortunately the club never announced the attendance at last Tuesday evening’s Dundee B v East Fife SPFL Trust cup tie but sitting in the Main Stand it looked that there were at least 500 people sitting in the Main Stand.
    The attendance will have been increased by admission being by cash only. Perhaps that is why the attendance was not announced by the management of the club because it would have proved that cash turnstiles are popular.
    There is an announcement on the Club website that the draw has been made for the different milestones as season tickets for the 2023-24 season have been sold.
    The final prize is when 1,500 season tickets have been sold which means that less than 2,000 season tickets have been sold unless this total excludes the number of under 12 £1 season tickets.
    To put it into perspective 410 under 12 season tickets @ £1 each equates to one full price season ticket costing £410.
    If less than 2,000 season tickets have been sold for the 2023-24 season this means that more than 50% of the people sitting in the home stands at the first game of this season were non season ticket holders who had purchased a ticket for the game.
    In my opinion the club should be making it as easy as possible for non season ticket holding Dundee supporters to attend home games at Dens Park and this includes opening a cash turnstile in the Main Stand.
    If the management of Dundee Football Club are concerned about people using a cash turnstile in the Main Stand sitting in a seat which has already been sold there is a simple solution.
    Open a cash turnstile in Section A, B and C of the Main Stand where Dundee supporters who want to PATG can sit.
    Problem solved.
    My question to you Islay was How many EXTRA fans do you think that would attend Dens if PATG was introduced? Given the fact you have not answered it in your long winded post i will ask it again.

Islay, you state that PATG would in your words, transform the club. How many extra fans do you think would attend Dens if PATG was brought back?

I agree with Islay. How often does anyone say that? I think an effective PATG system would show that Nelms has listened. The ST selling season is over and I think we have not sold nearly enough. We need bums on seats and getting people to come to our games, especially at the start of the season is essential. We will need money to tweak the team in the January window and that will either come from increased numbers going to our games or more money from Keyes.
    I think it's a better option to try to get supporters coming along. 1000 regular PATG supporters would represent about a 25% boost in ST sales. I am thinking that we have less than 5000 ST holders.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I agree with Islay. How often does anyone say that? I think an effective PATG system would show that Nelms has listened. The ST selling season is over and I think we have not sold nearly enough. We need bums on seats and getting people to come to our games, especially at the start of the season is essential. We will need money to tweak the team in the January window and that will either come from increased numbers going to our games or more money from Keyes.
    I think it's a better option to try to get supporters coming along. 1000 regular PATG supporters would represent about a 25% boost in ST sales. I am thinking that we have less than 5000 ST holders.
    I agree with Islay as well that PATG should be an option. He stated that PATG would in his words transform the club. All i was asking him was how many EXTRA fans does he reckon PATG would bring to Dens on a match day.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    In my opinion the club should be making it as easy as possible for non season ticket holding Dundee supporters to attend home games at Dens Park and this includes opening a cash turnstile in the Main Stand.
    If the management of Dundee Football Club are concerned about people using a cash turnstile in the Main Stand sitting in a seat which has already been sold there is a simple solution.
    Open a cash turnstile in Section A, B and C of the Main Stand where Dundee supporters who want to PATG can sit.
    Problem solved.
    Problem not solved. These sections are filled when Rangers and Celtic visit and Aberdeen would sell it if they are doing well.Are you suggesting we would have enough PATG fans to fill up those sections and therefore cut Rangers and Celtics allocation? In my opinion there is no way we would come close to selling out these three sections if we opened it up to PATG fans, especially against the Old Firm. Some season ticket holders swerve these games as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by thegen65 View Post
    Problem not solved. These sections are filled when Rangers and Celtic visit and Aberdeen would sell it if they are doing well.Are you suggesting we would have enough PATG fans to fill up those sections and therefore cut Rangers and Celtics allocation? In my opinion there is no way we would come close to selling out these three sections if we opened it up to PATG fans, especially against the Old Firm. Some season ticket holders swerve these games as it is.
    Don’t encourage him.

My question to you Islay was How many EXTRA fans do you think that would attend Dens if PATG was introduced? Given the fact you have not answered it in your long winded post i will ask it again.

Islay, you state that PATG would in your words, transform the club. How many extra fans do you think would attend Dens if PATG was brought back?
    I do not know that answer but I would reckon that 200 people upwards would use a cash turnstile which at £26 per ticket for a Category B game is £5,200.
    Every extra person that attends a home at Dens Park as a result of having a cash turnstile is a bonus.
    The management of Dundee Football Club slipped up big time by not having cash turnstiles in the Main Stand and Bobby Cox Stand for the home game against Arbroath on 2nd January 2023 which lost them a lot of money as people gave up standing in the long queue before and after the start of the game to purchase a ticket.
    The Club received a lot of negative publicity as a result of this fiasco which was made even worse by the fact that it was PATG for the Arbroath supporters.
    This was the first time that there had been a home game at New Year since before Covid.
    Pre Covid there was cash turnstiles at Dens Park but since then every home game has been all ticket even for a league cup tie against Dumbarton of League 2.

There has never been PATG for home games against Rangers, Celtic and the Dabs to avoid Away supporters gaining admission to the home stands. I have never seen Aberdeen sell out the Bob Shankly Stand in recent years.
    That leaves plenty of other home games where PATG could easily be trialled in the Main Stand.
    Alternatively Mr Nelms could make a public statement advising non season ticket holders that he will not be opening cash turnstiles in the Main Stand and Bobby Cox Stand because he is only interested in season ticket holders who pay their money up front before the start of the season.
    Non season ticket holders can take it or leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    The prizes for season ticket holders when a milestone was reached was announced last Friday on the club website.
    There were prizes when the number of season tickets sold reached;
    A 250
    B 500
    C 1,000
    D 1,500
    This means that less than 2,000 season tickets have been sold for this season.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 20-08-2023 at 01:05 AM. Reason: More information

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)