+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Stirling Albion v Aberdeen

So, is that us officially shyte again?
    Asking for a friend.

I'm assuming the sACK rOBSON brigade will be sharpening the knives in anticipation of the next witch-hunt.

I mind this time last season, Stewart looked solid alongside Scales. Richardson was a work in progress.
    Clarkson had glimpses, but no experience and quite a few didn't like Ramadani.
    Duk was also an overweight pudding according to some.

A few (me included),thought Roos was dodgy!

Undoubtedly it's going to be a long, tough season and UEFA cup fitba could cost us dearly, but I am hoping to see a few fresh faces through the door in the remaining days and the team start to take shape in the coming weeks. I'm certainly not worried about our form.

We beat Stirling and are in the next round. We would have chewed off hands for the same result at Darvel.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Personally, I find games mair thrillin' if there's a bit o' a challenge and the odd scare ... steamrollin' teams 5 or six nil is fun, but if ye actually like fitba, the nerves, the tension and the 'hert in the mou' moments are fit it's aa aboot. Rether than slaughter oor beloved, I say credit tae Stirling ...afore a baa was kicked they had a track record which suggested they were a bit mair than a diddy team .... and they turned up tae prove it.

Aye, sure, we should hae been better, but they didna mak it easy for us.... and added tae the excitement ... even if it wis a tad scary

Game's ower ... the next ane is a week awa ... tomorrow Ah'll be giggin, next day collectin' brambles, the next day? fk knows but one thing's for sure, we're still in the cup
    The above 100%

When did it become obligorty to beat lower league teams by around 5 goals?

It's nice when it happens, but usually the exception rather than the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    Perhaps, just perhaps it's that mentality of "we're through, that's all that matters" that's partly to blame for our poor records in the cups the last wee while?

If there's any aspirations of being a team that's consistently challenging for trophies i.e getting to finals most years and winning them frequently then in my opinion we have to change that mentality, definitely when playing a lower league team anyway. Remember we had 0 victories and 1 goal scored before tonight so it would've been good to put on a show and put a marker down for how we can play when we're all firing.

If any of Sevco or the Victims had played like we did tonight then you can be sure their fans wouldn't have been satisfied with "we're through, that's all that matters" so why should we?
    I guess the Huns will be calling for Beales head after scraping through 2-1 against Morton

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Sorry but it is NEVER good to compare our views to THEIRS. If anything, it is a badge of honour to be totally different to them. When the trophy is sitting on the sideboard at Pittodrie, nobody will remember last night's game or result.

You could also say that applying your logic, last seasons 5 0 was a portent to a great cup run. But it wasn't.
    Are the hun hordes pleased to be through to the quarters?

We were utter dugshïte last night, no getting away from that.

But we’re through, and that is all that matters.

Right hand side looked decent. Devlin and Morris did ok. Nice run and cross fae Devlin for the first and again Morris was tricky, pacey and beat his man numerous times. His final ball is constantly terrible though.

The left hand side was a car crash though. McKenzie just doesn’t have it for me. New kiwi lad needed in ASAP, & Scales or a similar left sided CH also needed.

Big Slobodan had a bit of a mare inna. Right thing taking him off. Hopefully just a blip.

Good to see big Angus back.

Clarkson best player on pitch. Only guy to pick and make any meaningful passes (we should have had at least 2 more thanks to great deliveries fae him) and his finish for the 2nd was just class. Boys a plaaaar.

Mio & Duk still a way to go. Mio took his goal well.

We defo need another 4-5 in the door across the board. Big games coming up imminently, so time to get the finger out please AFC…

A lot of people are going on about Morris crossing being terrible.

So was Jonny Hayes,if he could actually cross a ball we would have been able to sell him for £10 million.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    A lot of people are going on about Morris crossing being terrible.

So was Jonny Hayes,if he could actually cross a ball we would have been able to sell him for £10 million.
    Absolutely.

It was the energy Hayes gave us on the pitch that made him a player. Charging up the pitch in attack one minute, back up the other end clearing danger the next.

If we can get Morris anywhere near the level of Hayes, we'll be doing ok.

Never been much of a player myself, but surely crossing can be improved with practice?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Absolutely.

It was the energy Hayes gave us on the pitch that made him a player. Charging up the pitch in attack one minute, back up the other end clearing danger the next.

If we can get Morris anywhere near the level of Hayes, we'll be doing ok.

Never been much of a player myself, but surely crossing can be improved with practice?
    Stuart Kennedy’s crossing was poor when we first signed him, but he worked on it. Remember the “cross” with which he won the 78-79 League Cup semi v Hibs at Dens Park? Mike McArthur thought, “fûck me, he’ll nae get it past the first defender” as it landed in the net behind him. He did the same at Berwick in 1980 the day that Marc de Clerck scored, and Gordon Strachan scored direct fae a corner.

Matty Kennedy, though? Beyond help.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Stuart Kennedy’s crossing was poor when we first signed him, but he worked on it. Remember the “cross” with which he won the 78-79 League Cup semi v Hibs at Dens Park? Mike McArthur thought, “fûck me, he’ll nae get it past the first defender” as it landed in the net behind him. He did the same at Berwick in 1980 the day that Marc de Clerck scored, and Gordon Strachan scored direct fae a corner.

Matty Kennedy, though? Beyond help.
    Stuart Kennedy was a little before my time of attending Pittodrie.

Good to know there is hope for Morris to come good with crossing.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast