+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oldstation v Newport

Oldstation v Newport

Hope Nev starts, and (in the words of Kevin Keegan) I would love it if he scores ...

Reckon we could switch to 3-4-3 for this one(?)

First (league) win of the season incoming hopefully - going for 3-2 win ...

Thought for the day - is Rio the new David Platt ...

Well he was on the end of more chances than anyone else on Saturday!
    I don't know what to think about this one. Going by my preseason prediction, I had this down as a certain win. However, as the performance (though, it should be said, not the result)on Saturday reminded me so much of last season and with Newport scoring 4, I'm now not so sure!
    So I'll be boring and go for another draw 1-1. Demitriou to score - so still no striker goal.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Hope Nev starts, and (in the words of Kevin Keegan) I would love it if he scores ...

Reckon we could switch to 3-4-3 for this one(?)

First (league) win of the season incoming hopefully - going for 3-2 win ...

Thought for the day - is Rio the new David Platt ...
    He has certainly progressed really well in the second half of last season. And to quote someone on here that he was nowhere near the standard required for league football, I think he looks a prospect. Excellent going forward and looks a goal threat more and more. Probably better in attack mode than defensive mode and would make a good wingback. If he scores tomorrow night that would be some sort of record surely. Currently 3 goals in his last 3 league games.

And of course started that run against Newport!!!

So do we go 3-5-2, 4-3-3, 4-3-2-1 or 4-4-2?
    Whatever the numbers look like we need width but also bodies in midfield. Both Cooney and Rio can give us some width so maybe 3 at the back. But which 3? Should O'Riordan be bench warming? Which 2 should we have up front?

Wonder how many will be there tonight. 4,500 at first home game. Despite some people finding football under the lights atmospheric, nowadays some believe attendances are affected by some kids not being allowed to go. Or is that only when school is in?

Just about to set out so a quick 1-2 loss for me based on their last season's performance at Gresty Road and current form.

So is it a 3-4-3?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    So is it a 3-4-3?
    Probably more 3-4-1-2 with Long behind the front 2

3 pts and Nev scores - that'll do ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast