+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oldstation v Newport

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    3 pts and Nev scores - that'll do ...
    That will indeed do.
    Poor first half, having deservedly taken the lead then proceeded to be bossed by Newport and were fortunate to go in level at half time. Different team second half and were well worth the win in the end. Delighted for Nevitt, who worked his socks off.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    That will indeed do.
    Poor first half, having deservedly taken the lead then proceeded to be bossed by Newport and were fortunate to go in level at half time. Different team second half and were well worth the win in the end. Delighted for Nevitt, who worked his socks off.
    Agree, Nevitt deserved that goal, particularly after his near miss earlier. And a big shout out to Zak too. Tracey is not the finished article but does cause problems.

So...a much better performance particularly in the second half where there was some nice football at times. It all could have been so different if the referee had spotted Cooney's pull in the area. It should have a penalty and could have earned him a red card. However, the god's smiled down on the team in red.
    Thought overall Demetriou earned his MOTM. Tabs also had a better game and is doing well with his assist rate.
    Nev's goal was well taken - hopefully he'll progress from that. Apart from the potential penalty, Cooney seems to have a good football brain. Rio wasn't as good as previous games but his level has definitely risen. It didn't look as if Long was going to get an opportunity to score before the penalty.
    I was one of the ones to call for an experiment with Offord at defensive midfield. I've changed my mind. Offord himself seemed to hate it. It also demonstrated how short we are in midfield. If only Finnigan could come back! (not realistic). However, we really do need at least one loanee in that position.
    I do wish we wouldn't finish games by farting around ( or game-management as managers like to call it!) - it's boring, it's frustrating and they're not very good at it and so it just makes everyone tense (including the players) and spoils a good win.
    Anyway, onward and upward! 8 goals in 3 games is nothing to be sneezed at!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I was one of the ones to call for an experiment with Offord at defensive midfield. I've changed my mind. Offord himself seemed to hate it ...
    Think Offord is a probably a better fit in a back 3, rather than being part of a CB pairing.

Quick shout out to the Gresty Road Ender's.

Great to see GRE bouncing, think it gave a lift to the players ...

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Quick shout out to the Gresty Road Ender's.

Great to see GRE bouncing, think it gave a lift to the players ...
    It also woke the main stand up as well. Great atmosphere in the second half.

A good win and at times a solid display. First 20 minutes we were in control. but the remainder of the first half we were flat.
    Second half was a much better display and gave us the deserved win. It was Newport that were flat this time.

Yes it was better, but i would like to see better movement and the concentration for our midfielders to be in the right place to close down more efficiently. Early days but it does look like we have some better players this season.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    A good win and at times a solid display. First 20 minutes we were in control. but the remainder of the first half we were flat.
    Second half was a much better display and gave us the deserved win. It was Newport that were flat this time.

Yes it was better, but i would like to see better movement and the concentration for our midfielders to be in the right place to close down more efficiently. Early days but it does look like we have some better players this season.
    Also, looking on their forums (fora for the ex Latin scholars) the loss of the CH just before half time was significant.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    It also woke the main stand up as well. Great atmosphere in the second half.
    Yeah - I could hardly believe how much the centre of the Main Stand was rocking!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12