+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brownhill Next?

Brownhill Next?

If any player deserves a contract extension it's Josh Brownhill, always gives 100%, eye for a goal with a phenomenal work rate.

Unless it's getting near to the £20 million I'd say keep him.

I am not happy with this. In a sea of uncertainty with all these new players floating arounf, Josh is a known Premier League player of the highest standard. Surely we should hang on to him?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If any player deserves a contract extension it's Josh Brownhill, always gives 100%, eye for a goal with a phenomenal work rate.

Unless it's getting near to the £20 million I'd say keep him.
    I would agree with that BT, I watched the pre-season games on Clarets+; and whilst he didn't do anything special-(he would I feel have added to the game against Man City-4 man compact midfield)

I think we paid around £10 million for him, in which case if Moyes offers us anything north of say £17/18million he's gone, no argument, no discussion, just the way we operate now, if we can turn a profit on a player, we will.

We are a selling club, you can't be a selling club and not sell players for a profit. I've said it a couple of times recently, a lot of our fans will not like us selling our best players, but they're going to have to get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I think we paid around £10 million for him, in which case if Moyes offers us anything north of say £17/18million he's gone, no argument, no discussion, just the way we operate now, if we can turn a profit on a player, we will.

We are a selling club, you can't be a selling club and not sell players for a profit. I've said it a couple of times recently, a lot of our fans will not like us selling our best players, but they're going to have to get used to it.
    i was reading on an Irons fans website Moyes thinks he can nick him for £7 million.

I'm not at all certain ALK will sanction that sale.

Short memories fellas. Lots of our fans did not rate Josh in the PL, they all thought that he was not good enough, in spite of Sean picking him in over 70 matches in two and a half seasons.
    Mind you, lots never rated Marney until he was injured and was missed. They then thought that he was a super star when he returned!
    How fickle are football fans?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    i was reading on an Irons fans website Moyes thinks he can nick him for £7 million.

I'm not at all certain ALK will sanction that sale.
    We will sell players for a profit and not ban eyelid, but for £7 million I would think Josh remains our player and Moyes can go and feck himself.

I was surprised that Josh did not start against City. As has been commented on here a few times, I think that we will have to accept that players will be sold. Is he better than Berge who we have brought in?

Quote Originally Posted by DownThePlughole66 View Post
    I would agree with that BT, I watched the pre-season games on Clarets+; and whilst he didn't do anything special-(he would I feel have added to the game against Man City-4 man compact midfield)
    For me plughole he’s gone backwards I watched pre season and he looks off the pace tbh - but what do I know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)