+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brownhill Next?

Is there anything in this Brownhill story except that piece in the Express, which is barely one step up from Billy's Weekly Liar. If it's just the Express, I would think we can file this in the drawer labelled 'Load of Bollox, Ignore'.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Is there anything in this Brownhill story except that piece in the Express, which is barely one step up from Billy's Weekly Liar. If it's just the Express, I would think we can file this in the drawer labelled 'Load of Bollox, Ignore'.
    I had a trawl through the West Ham fan forums and dedicated news updates, the Express started this rumour and no other rag is on it, but the Irons fans think if the money is right bring him down.

Just spotted...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foot...5bb8530b9&ei=8
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 15-08-2023 at 07:52 PM.

After selling Rice they have a hole in midfield and money to spend. As much as I like Josh and his dedication to Burnley FC, if someone is willing to pay a substantial fee for him, we should go for it. Nobody is irreplaceable in the squad. That is the nature of a squad, that people step in and step up to the plate. Otherwise, what is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    For me plughole he’s gone backwards I watched pre season and he looks off the pace tbh - but what do I know.
    I would agree with you army,probably about right with that-Taylor looked very similar,both appeared to struggle.
    Despite all that I would have started with Taylor at left back-Vithino just doesn't convince me as a left back at this level.
    Brownhill introduced earlier might just have "spiced" things up a bit.

We need a left back and a strong defensive midfielder yet to convince me that the club can make a serious impact this season

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    i was reading on an Irons fans website Moyes thinks he can nick him for £7 million.

I'm not at all certain ALK will sanction that sale.
    Unless he has really gone backwards we would be crazy to sell him for 7million. I have not seen him play this season though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tap in MN View Post
    Unless he has really gone backwards we would be crazy to sell him for 7million. I have not seen him play this season though.
    The wheels have come off Tap if we sell him at that , I’m guessing maybe he’s had his nose pushed out a bit lots of new signings and talk of central midfielder additions in lakonga/ Ramsay etc have gathered pace the last few weeks and maybe that’s altered his feelings and motivation.

Some people are different and roll sleeves up maybe he’s the opposite - VK didn’t start him v City which maybe tells us something.

I like Josh tbh he’s not the most gifted player I’ve seen but he’s an honest footballer who in the main plays/ played well for Burnley - reliable I’d call him.

It seems this is being driven by Josh's reluctance to sign a new contract or a contract extension. Who knows why he won't, maybe he's been tapped up and knows he can get a better deal elsewhere. Whatever, it alters the whole situation for me if it's the player who is playing for away, in this case we need to get what we can for him, before he walks for nothing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)