+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to make Webb accountable...

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Sounds like a bit of AI manipulation to me. Not sure that the ref has anything to apologise for - he simply applied the lettter of the law. Just frustrating that we then see other refs completely NOT do that!
    I never said he did, it's Webb or whoever makes the rules that needs to apologise for the confusion and clear it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by Adventus2012 View Post
    The time has come for referees to face the press at the end of games and be questioned on their thought process behind the decisions they make during a game. If they have to justify their decisions on camera it may help stamp out the nonsense and inconsistency from referees that currently exists in the game today.
    Excellent Avatar. Nowt more to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Redshank View Post
    I never said he did, it's Webb or whoever makes the rules that needs to apologise for the confusion and clear it all up.
    Sorry Shanky, I clicked on and replied to your post by mistake. I intended to reply to the one saying there had been a photo of Taylor meetings Webb which sounds like ai work to me. Amazing what you can do with ai and I fear for our countries sanity seeing as you can create photos of anyone with anyone, anywhere!

Sounds like a bit of AI manipulation to me. Not sure that the ref has anything to apologise for - he simply applied the lettter of the law. Just frustrating that we then see other refs completely NOT do that!
    rp - and he clearly failed to apply the rules of the game to the player who brought down Fred from behind, that in itself is a yellow but he was so overjoyed at being able to double yellow Fred, that as soon as the melee calmed down, he either conveniently forgot that booking or lost track of who actually brought Fred down and was too embarrassed to book a wrong player.......totally out of control.

Don't even go with the Szmodic incidents, he should have also gone for two yellows, then where would their goals have come from? He had the balance the runaway train somehow!

A great thread! ARE YOU READING/INGESTING this Mr Webb? Or as a former copper, can we just expect more inept British policing from YOUR refs???

The decision of the corner was for me, his worst act of a miserable performance. The ball was either in or out when Viktor caught it. He didn't roll either way. Ref guessed like stand-in blokes on a Sunday morning. It was unforgivable. That alone should have him in the dock.

Not sure if this link will work but it's a piece by Keith Hackett in the DT entitled 'The time has come for Howard Webb to put blundering referees out to pasture'. If he's not happy with PL Refs, what on earth would he think of Madley's performance!?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...an-utd-wolves/

I've only read last page of this thread so don't know if this as already been said week before Madeley ref at massives Gregory after scoring did exactly same as Fred after scoring no booking. Got to be a report going in about consistency re.
    referees especially Madeley this season & Blackburn game decisions.

Not sure that the ref has anything to apologise for - he simply applied the lettter of the law. !
    What’s your opinion of his handling of the incidents surrounding the scorer of their two goals ?
    Fair, unfair, balanced , unreasonable ?

The fella who scored both goals was on a yellow when he kicked the ball into the stands after the whistle had gone , should have been booked then sent off , he applied the letter of the law to our player who kicked the ball away but not their player. He’s either a cheating **** or incompetent. I’d like to think he’s not a cheating ****.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast