+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Queens v Annan

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    My thoughts mainly, apart from the fact that Queens were so poor in the first half it looked like Annan played well. Both teams were shocking. Your second paragraph is spot on. Mainly the self belief aspect. 'Mon the South!
    Do you ever praise Queens?

He does when its merited.

Definitely a work in progress. Marvin is doing a decent job, - but he knows he has work to do/

If I were to be over critical of Papa, - it is this: Annan were pretty decent in the first half, - and once again we persisted with the tactic of playing the ball out of defence and were almost caught.

On the plus side, - Ambrose was quite accomplished today and Walker had a really good game, - apart from his stupid dive, - he needs to believe in himself and try a shot more often.

We can't read too much into a comfortable win over a part time side who played in midweek,

Well that eventually turned into a routine win in the end. In all honesty we should have scored more. I was fearful at the start when yet again we contrived to provide some comedy defending for their goal. We were far too pedestrian and predictable going forward in the first half. The game was won in the 25 - 30 minute spell at the start of the second half when we pushed forward in more numbers and with more pace. Thought the front two worked hard and liked the look of Walker. His pace is a real asset and he is very tricky, if only he would attempt a shot when he works himself into a good position. Plenty things to work on but a win is a win!

An interesting and different watch on the weekends match.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAGH5eSfZng

Official highlights and a few talking points amongst them :-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8atJZmH8pA

A good few talking points. Harvey should be embarrassed with his dive, - Aiden Smith was a constant thorn in Queen's flesh, - but overall Queens had enough chances to win 2 matches.

Well done lads! Good to see things again and be able to see things in slow motion.

Taking points Ambrose series of errors leading to the first own goal plus his overall performance over the first 25 minutes which looked shaky at best. Walker's clear and obvious dive which resulted in a deserved yellow. Our penalty in the first half when looked at again I think the ref got right as McKechnie was caught after shooting, nothing to add about the miss but Gavin needs to be applauded for his attitude in the second half creating the first then outmuscling Gibson for his excellent second then laying it on a plate for Harvey to score his first for the club. Reilly does look back to his best for the club since return from his loan spell. We then took our foot of the gas but introduced a number of promising players off the bench. Bartley so far looks as though he knows what he is doing.

Spike, - all good points and agree with them all, - but I'll once again question Bartley's defensive tactics in every game I've seen Queens this season, - and that is what I call the 'pitter-patter, passing pish' which he needs to root out as soon as he can. Already teams are onto us, as they know we play this nonsense, - and if we simply eradicate this suicidal tactic, - we'll make life a hell of a lot easier for ourselves and we won't need to go chasing every game.

Please don't get me wrong, - its great to build from the back, and draw teams towards you to open up potential options, - but not right at the start of every game, - immediately placing a fairly delicate defence under pressure, - and almost gifting the opposition a free goal.

Sadly, - I have a feeling though that he will ignore any advice from the fans and persist with this tactic. Many will argue he's the manager and why should he listen to advice, - but I would counter that by saying the best managers should always listen to advice, - particularly if it has merits and perhaps modify tactics to see if it pays dividends.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Do you ever praise Queens?
    Bit obvious I know but devo need Brydon back asap and gutted to hear he is still suffering from his hamstring problem

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Bit obvious I know but devo need Brydon back asap and gutted to hear he is still suffering from his hamstring problem
    Reoccurance apparently according to Marvin on his latest post match interview. Yup he is the one I am desperate to see back in the team.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)