+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Railwaymen v Saddlers

Railwaymen v Saddlers

Am hoping that we stick with the 3-4-3 (aka 3-4-1-2) formation.

Going for a 2-1 win in this one.

Well Walsall are supposed to play in a similar style to Newport so we need to ride out any early pressure. I believe we can score the goals maybe even without dead ball situations. However, there's no way we're keeping a clean sheet. So I have to agree with 2-1, coming back from an equaliser.

Only two predictions???

I'll go for 2-1 as well,Long with both.

Crewe 3-1, with defenders scoring all of them.

Okay I will go for a 2-0 win for the Alex. We never seem to win Saturday and again on a Tuesday, let's see if we can do it the other way round, Tuesday and again Saturday. Nevitt to score again and let's keep the stadium rocking! Optimism from me, well there you go.

3-0 Crewe. First clean sheet.

Hoping for a decent crowd, today. Walsall have sold out their initial allocation. However, the home portion has been fairly constant at around 3,500 for a while so it would be nice to see that rise a bit.

Unchanged team...

Well, I hope noone in the club dares to suggest that was a gutsy fightback displaying strength, determination etc then all I can say is they don't know what they're talking about!
    We were shocking today. Slow ponderous, unwilling to take the initiative. The full-backs often seemed unable to find a red shirt with their passes.
    Walsall played a very high line. Most schoolkids know how to break a high line; early ball over the top with runners from deep.
    Early ball???? What's that? A very confusing idea to some on the Alex line-up who think it's compulsory to take another touch, change direction and then pass square.
    I think we can see that Tracey is not a number 10. Whenever he's facing back towards the direction of play he is unable to control the ball. He's much better facing the right way travelling with the ball, as shown by the first goal.
    Was Finney ready to return? How humiliating- the sub subbed off after only 10/15 minutes.
    In the end we did get the point. That is a big difference from this time last year. However much it was a fluke, the goal shows you only score goal if you put the ball in the box.
    Finally, we desperately need that extra loanee midfielder to get us through the season.
    PS. I'm still confident about Bradford next Saturday just gutted I probably won't make it due to the train strike.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast