+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Railwaymen v Saddlers

On a positive note.... Dimetriou is one he'll of a signing. Head and shoulders above everyone else in red. Oh and he showed the other way to break a high line - run at them with the ball until the line breaks.

It was a fightback...to earn a point. Many a game before we would have lost that, so credit the comeback. Having said that, it was a poor performance for nearly 60 minutes, so that needs sorting. But, very un Crewe like, we keep finding a way and that is to their credit. Belly was proactive changing the formation then throwing Conor on up front. We'll get there.
    Not convinced by the keeper BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    On a positive note.... Dimetriou is one he'll of a signing. Head and shoulders above everyone else in red. Oh and he showed the other way to break a high line - run at them with the ball until the line breaks.
    To be fair, Gazan, they did keep battling right to the end. I agree, however, that we we pretty ordinary today. I said to my mate on the way out that we got away with one there.
    I agree Dimetriou is an excellent signing and looks an upgrade on MacDonald. Not player of the match for me tho. Long or Powell were ahead in the line in my opinion. Powell also looks a damn good signing. Not sure if Finney tweaked something in the short time he was on the pitch. I don't think it is the first time he has been subbed after coming on as a sub!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    To be fair, Gazan, they did keep battling right to the end. I agree, however, that we we pretty ordinary today. I said to my mate on the way out that we got away with one there.
    I agree Dimetriou is an excellent signing and looks an upgrade on MacDonald. Not player of the match for me tho. Long or Powell were ahead in the line in my opinion. Powell also looks a damn good signing. Not sure if Finney tweaked something in the short time he was on the pitch. I don't think it is the first time he has been subbed after coming on as a sub!
    I think it was just a tactical last throw of the dice. Finney had had a 25 minute run out, we hadn't scored, bring O'Riordan on to play up front at 6' 6".Who knows - maybe he put their keeper off!

How many balls were aimed at O'Riordan after he came on?? Er.......none! In fact for the first few minutes he was on it was almost like they were avoiding him. They kept recycling the ball between LWB/LM and Centre Halves.
    I just got the impression that drills/dogma ruled the day. Every time from the back the ball was worked 'blindly' to that same position and eventually the player in possession on that left hand side looked up and saw a defensive line 10/15 yards in front of him which squeezed play. So he recycled the ball inside/backwards and the whole process would start again. There seemed little intent on breaking the lines. The only time it really happened was as a sort of counter-offensive as Tracey moved the ball on quickly for Nev to score.
    I just get a little frustrated. We've got some very talented players but sometimes they seem incapable of being innovative or taking the initiative.
    Moan over!

Anyone know anything about a rumour on FB about CBR? I don't do FB so I don't know what it says.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Anyone know anything about a rumour on FB about CBR? I don't do FB so I don't know what it says.
    An unnamed player apparently walked out of training (not sure when) because he was not in the starting 11. If true, disappointing. And dare I say, Lee Bell does not need that sort of attitude in a small squad. Well, actually not in an squad. He was not on the bench today and I am not aware of any injury

Apparently not true!

I feel that I must highlight a skill which we are head and shoulders above any other club. That is the supreme act of giving the ball away. Todays performance, absolutely shocking. Total and utter daylight robbery getting a point,

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    An unnamed player apparently walked out of training (not sure when) because he was not in the starting 11. If true, disappointing. And dare I say, Lee Bell does not need that sort of attitude in a small squad. Well, actually not in an squad. He was not on the bench today and I am not aware of any injury
    Ryan Dicker said he'd got a tweak in training, as had Owen Lunt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast