+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Parkinson

I’ve got a Iceland at the bottom of my road yoonited and I might give that kebab a go,for £4 it’s got to worth a try and I will get back to you on it,now then,these sauces that you recommend,I suppose that the one place that you can buy it is Waitrose or somewhere equally as posh?

Nope, I spotted them in Home Bargains in Carlisle a couple of months back. Nobody else is selling them, (except those buying them from there and putting them on Ebay or Amazon for a vast profit). They're called Indi Grand, they're in black pouches, there's a range of at least a dozen of them. I bought three initially to try, I currently have about thirty in my cupboard, they've a long lifespan. One pouch makes enough for two people. They vary a few pence in price depending which one you get, from £1 to £1:15 if I recall. I cannot work out why every supermarket chain isn't selling them, they are far superior to anybody elses. I have cooked them following the standard instructions (fry your meat in oil for five minutes, add the sauce and simmer for 20 mins) and they're great. However, if you like cooking, and you want to take them up to a level where you wouldn't be disappointed eating this in a good curry house, just spend a little more time preparing your meat. I fry mine in butter rather than oil, which immediately adds a nicer flavour (cook on a lower heat so the butter doesn't burn). I add a big dollop of garlic puree out of one of those squeazy tubes, a tablespoon each of tumeric, garam masala and cumin seeds, cook that gently for about 15 minutes, then douse it all with lemon juice, give it stir then add your curry sauce pouch. Simmer for 10 minutes. Absolutely lush. I'm cooking this for eight next weekend so I'll be putting in four 'murgh makhani' pouches (these are medium hot as not everbody likes them too hot). I'll be adding onions and chickpeas to go with it. If you like them hot they do vindaloo and a chennai madras.
    Last edited by yoonited; 18-08-2023 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    I’ve been to the Kirkstile loads and it’s always been good scran and decent ale. It used to be Hunter Davies’ local and some great walks round and about.
    Had a parcel for Hunter many years ago and he asked me if i wouldn't mind putting it on his kitchen table as it was rather heavy,after putting it down i had a nice chat with him and his late wife Margaret Forster about being brought up in Carlisle,really nice down to earth couple.

Quote Originally Posted by yoonited View Post
    However, if you like cooking, and you want to take them up to a level where you wouldn't be disappointed eating this in a good curry house, just spend a little more time preparing your meat. I fry mine in butter rather than oil, which immediately adds a nicer flavour (cook on a lower heat so the butter doesn't burn). I add a big dollop of garlic puree out of one of those squeazy tubes, a tablespoon each of tumeric, garam masala and cumin seeds, cook that gently for about 15 minutes, then douse it all with lemon juice, give it stir then add your curry sauce pouch. Simmer for 10 minutes. Absolutely lush. I'm cooking this for eight next weekend so I'll be putting in four 'murgh makhani' pouches (these are medium hot as not everbody likes them too hot). I'll be adding onions and chickpeas to go with it. If you like them hot they do vindaloo and a chennai madras.
    I think that you’ve greatly overestimated my cooking skills yoonited so I will stick with the kebab from Iceland,however I am available next week to join in dinner party and give your nosh I go,I mean if you are cooking for eight then one more won’t matter will it,will it be formal wear?

Quote Originally Posted by postmanpete View Post
    Had a parcel for Hunter many years ago and he asked me if i wouldn't mind putting it on his kitchen table as it was rather heavy,after putting it down i had a nice chat with him and his late wife Margaret Forster about being brought up in Carlisle,really nice down to earth couple.
    How long was it before you mentioned The Beatles Pete,I would have brought them up before the parcel had hit the table

He was a Vice President of the London Branch and I was forever sending him newsletters.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    How long was it before you mentioned The Beatles Pete,I would have brought them up before the parcel had hit the table
    I wouldn't have wanted to upset him by saying how overated they were,give me deacon blue or prefab sprout anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    He was a Vice President of the London Branch and I was forever sending him newsletters.
    Did you mention The Beatles? His book is well worth a read if you are a fan of the band

Quote Originally Posted by postmanpete View Post
    I wouldn't have wanted to upset him by saying how overated they were
    I don’t know what to say,overrated? 😮

Deacon Blue and Prefab Sprout are indeed fine bands though Pete

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)