+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Parkinson

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Aye exactly what I thought about Petes Beatles comment as well griff

FFS, Michael Parkinson's son Nick owns the KIRKSTYLE INN on the A689 Brampton to Alston road, not the KIRKSTILE INN at Loweswater 54 miles away, hence Howoldboy saying "Bray to Slaggyford is an interesting move!" That parcel probably wasn't even his!

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    I am available next week to join in dinner party and give your nosh I go,I mean if you are cooking for eight then one more won’t matter will it,will it be formal wear?
    No it'll be no bother at all Chalky, I'm actually cooking at my friends farm about four miles from The Crossings, but I've asked them all if they mind you coming and they all say you're most welcome. I'll be cooking a starter of scallops with chorizo sausage with honey, spring onion and chilli flakes. Then we'll be having the murgh makhani curry, I'll do basmati and pilau rice and some plain and garlic naans to accompany. Usually one of the girls will bring a sweet, they're all keen on their home grown produce so it'll likely be home grown raspberries, strawberries with meringues and cream or possibly a gooseberry/rhubarb tart, generally something of that nature. If there's anything you'd particularly like let me know and I'll try and get if for you. It will be great to meet you and I'm really looking forward to it. Probably best I come and pick you up from The Crossings as that's relatively easy to find as the farm we're going to is quite remote and there's a long winding private track to get to it. So if I meet you at The Crossings at 5:30pm next Saturday 26th, we can have a quick pint there and get on our way.

Oh, just a few things to warn you about. You'll notice the main entrance gates and then the fence posts either side of the track up to the farm are all adorned with satanic symbols and you'll also spot a few skulls stuck up in the trees. This is just a deterrent to any potential intruders, thefts from farms in rural areas are quite a problem. My good friend Mick, the farmer there, had half a carton of creosote nicked a few years back so he was forced to take some security measures. So when we get up the lane and open the gate to pull into the farmyard, please be very careful of the two rottweilers, Ripper and Cuddles, that will be loose and patrolling the area. Under no circumstances whatsoever look at them. When I've parked, exit the car and just stride purposefully straight to the farmhouse door and you should be OK. They're actually really friendly if you, eventually, get to know them. You asked if it'll be 'formal wear.' You've no worries here Chalky, because we're all naturists. So if you, sorry WHEN you get in to the house, I'll leave you to disrobe in the lobby, when you've done so just make your way through to the lounge, where you'll find us all already totally naked, and introduce yourself. I'll be serving our meal at about 8pm so that'll give us plenty time for your initiation ritual. It's the Newcastleton Country Show next Saurday, so we'll be utilising the marrow which was given first prize in the home grown produce event. Now it's entirely up to you, but you might want to bring along a jar of Vaseline with you, but if you do, don't do owt daft like go and leave it in the car outside ffs! Anyway see you 5:30pm next Saturday (you'll easily recognise me when you walk in the bar at The Crossings as I'll be the one wearing a gimp mask).

That’s totally weird.

I mean creosote nowadays. Really?

That’s great news yoonited,I shall look forward to trying some of the excellent meal that you have prepared and mix among the class that I feel that I belong,you say that some of the girls will be bringing a sweet,would it be impolite to ask if there’s any spare totty for me to chat up or is it a kind of couples night and can I bring Coco as he likes a day out in the sticks,I can bring my own newspaper to put on the floor of the dining area and you get used to the smell after the first hour or so,I will be coming in smart casual which means my new away shirt rather than last years home strip which I know will be an interesting talking point what wiv it having Jake Bugg as the sponsor,I can also lay my hands on some snide lager if your interested,all good stuff like Carling and Carlsberg no cheap crap which reminds me,any chance that I can crash at your gaff for the night so I can go on the p1ss and really enjoy myself and I will bring the karaoke machine as well so things can get into full swing

Oh hang on,I’ve just got to the second paragraph…

Satanic symbols?

Rottweilers?

Naturists?

Marrows?

Your not doing any of that wicker man stuff on me sunshine,you can find another Christian virgin to scarifice to your chuffing northern Cumbrian gods,when I go to meet my maker it will come the way god wanted it to not in the middle of farmer Micks field miles from anywhere tied to a stake with burning flames surrounding me and you lot dancing around with African masks on praising the red squirrels

Next week 5.30 at the Ctossings? Not bleeding likely sunshine

Next week 5.30 at the Ctossings? Not bleeding likely sunshine
    Is 6pm better for you?

Quote Originally Posted by yoonited View Post
    Is 6pm better for you?
    Ermmmm,I’ve just looked at my diary and completely forgot about a previous engagement that I had for next Saturday night,I’m gutted obviously but maybe some other time… in daylight…and in Carlisle town centre where there’s loads of people about

Ermmmm,I’ve just looked at my diary and completely forgot about a previous engagement that I had for next Saturday night,I’m gutted obviously but maybe some other time… in daylight…and in Carlisle town centre where there’s loads of people about
    City centre if you don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by postmanpete View Post
    City centre if you don't mind.
    Nottingham is a bigger city than Carlisle but if we go into the “centre” we say town as in ‘ a night on the town’ you don’t say a night on the city do you Pete 👍

Good point,always wanted a night out in Nottingham when i was a ****ager as i heard the female population far outnubered the male or was it made up by the Nottingham tourist board ?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)