+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are Referees afraid of clubs and the FA?

Are Referees afraid of clubs and the FA?

I ask this question as an open debate and I feel it has to be asked.

Just how much power do the FA have over officials but more importantly, how much do the TOP clubs in certain divisions not just the Prem have?

7 threads on the first MM page about refs. Are we becoming obsessed with them or are they in fact taking over the game are probably more apt questions.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    7 threads on the first MM page about refs. Are we becoming obsessed with them or are they in fact taking over the game are probably more apt questions.
    I think the fact that they are taking over the game is leading to us becoming obsessed with them. We're two weeks into a new season and the talk up and down the land is all about the terrible refereeing. It's sad but inevitable with some of the shockers we've seen

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMiller View Post
    I think the fact that they are taking over the game is leading to us becoming obsessed with them. We're two weeks into a new season and the talk up and down the land is all about the terrible refereeing. It's sad but inevitable with some of the shockers we've seen
    Derek, surely we can't be hit again this weekend with any other atrocious decisions.....or can we?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Derek, surely we can't be hit again this weekend with any other atrocious decisions.....or can we?
    I'd like to think after two PGMOL apologies in two games that we'd be spared any shockers this week. But I have a feeling that around 17:30 we'll all be raging again. It just seems that's how the deck is stacked against us at the minute.

By the way, I've noticed on ITV's evening EFL coverage there is no studio discussion anymore between the host and ex pros, analysing the big decisions in each game. Is this because ITV pre-empted what was coming and feared they'd need another hour of airtime?

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMiller View Post
    I'd like to think after two PGMOL apologies in two games that we'd be spared any shockers this week. But I have a feeling that around 17:30 we'll all be raging again. It just seems that's how the deck is stacked against us at the minute.

By the way, I've noticed on ITV's evening EFL coverage there is no studio discussion anymore between the host and ex pros, analysing the big decisions in each game. Is this because ITV pre-empted what was coming and feared they'd need another hour of airtime?
    Probably 2 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Probably 2 hours