+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serious team emerging ?

What's folks thoughts on Dexter? Personally I think he's going to be a great asset. Yeah he will have mistakes in him but I think he will be good for us. Whilst a mate thinks he's useless and a waste of a shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    What's folks thoughts on Dexter? Personally I think he's going to be a great asset. Yeah he will have mistakes in him but I think he will be good for us. Whilst a mate thinks he's useless and a waste of a shirt.
    That seems very harsh! Based on what exactly? Looked very nervous in the first 10 minutes last week, but then grew into the game I thought. Can’t expect too much from him, which is why I would have preferred to have kept Kioso.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Not seen him play yet pal so can't say anything on him. As for a serious team emerging, we just short of a good strong forrud and a winger on either flank and we should be okay.

I've mentioned it on another post but I'll say it again. I wonder what's going through the minds of Rathbone and Wiles now all these new midfield players have arrived? Will they sign new contracts or just run them down?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Not seen him play yet pal so can't say anything on him. As for a serious team emerging, we just short of a good strong forrud and a winger on either flank and we should be okay.

I've mentioned it on another post but I'll say it again. I wonder what's going through the minds of Rathbone and Wiles now all these new midfield players have arrived? Will they sign new contracts or just run them down?
    Isn’t this Odoffin’s last year as well? I know which 2 of the 3 I’d keep…

Quote Originally Posted by NYSRich View Post
    Isn’t this Odoffin’s last year as well? I know which 2 of the 3 I’d keep…
    Yes it is and as for effort I'd be thinking the same. My posts or replies on Wiles are no witch hunt because i know what he can deliver, it's the frustration how he seems to have just switched off. Some say he may not be over his injury, well in that case drop him, rehabilitate and support the lad until he's back to full fitness or, we could end up causing him further damage and a possible career ending injury.
    Last edited by Brin; 19-08-2023 at 12:23 PM.

Re my points about lack of full back cover I know McCart and especially Bola can cover but I thought MT plan was to loan them out presumably the replacement inbound defender can play full back?
    I think Humphries with his ability could probably play anywhere along the back four (eg his cross for Hugill goal in Lincoln friendly) but then it makes the middle of our defence weaker

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Re my points about lack of full back cover I know McCart and especially Bola can cover but I thought MT plan was to loan them out presumably the replacement inbound defender can play full back?
    I think Humphries with his ability could probably play anywhere along the back four (eg his cross for Hugill goal in Lincoln friendly) but then it makes the middle of our defence weaker
    Might help if Morrison could get his arse off the treatment table. We know Peltier's is a long lay off and will probably be his last year as a player

I read the title of the thread and thought I must be missing something.
    We may have signed a few decent and hopefully promising individuals but we are nowhere near having a decent team.
    Most of the central defenders will be lucky to be fit enough to play in half the games and we have no cover for the full backs.
    Midfield is the strongest area of the squad but some of MT's line ups are baffling to say the least.
    Although we nominally have a number of strikers, not one of them will score consistently in the Championship (I will reserve judgement on Green until he's played a few games).
    We do however have a good goalkeeper and boy are we going to need him.

Feet up after another enjoyable away day (except the result) Sunderland aren't a good side take the 2 wingers out and they will struggle to get anywhere near the points they got last season . What did us today was lack off cover in cm. Wiles crooked and only a kid who isn't a cm as cover .As soon as Odoffin went off gaps where appearing all over the place if Wiles was on the bench he would have come on and we may have got something out of the match today . It's fine margins we get done by the ref last week and this week is another injury to a ***** player while in the game. Get Wiles back add a couple of loans and we will be fine we are far stronger than last season it may take 7 or8 games to gel properly . I thought Gavin Ward was excellent today as the ref by the way.

Yes, we have a serious team emerging. A serious manager too. All will come good with this fella, I trust him totally.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast