+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunderland Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    He was playing at left back he should be marking their wide right player.
    Who should be marking the goal scorer?

And who should be marking the bloke who crossed the ball?

He was playing at left back he should be marking their wide right player.
    Even if another player appears between there and the goal? Ok.

Great to hear the interview with McGukin, lad did very well all considering. Mts interview was hard to hear, he clearly is disappointed, he says that Dexter is only 19 however we were taken apart by a 17 year old in midfield. Also he says the players are running on empty and fatigued, no midweek game and only played 4 games, how fit are they.
    As others have said we need a lot of players between now and 1st September, and no point moaning about the budget when we waster £16,500 a week on the chuckle brothers and supposedly another £10k on Peltier and Morrison that can't get a a first team place. When you don't have much it is best to spend it wisely.

In no particular order we were lacking in creativity, composure, a bench, and any kind of good centre forward play from all 3 'strikers'. Eaves is dreadful but somehow I have more faith in him to do something compared to JJ (how damning). He may as well not bother coming onto the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    You've seen none of the game, but have decided that seven that played were crap. Impressive stuff.
    Hang on Gru, you only quoted 3 who played today!
    Last edited by pip_y; 19-08-2023 at 08:54 PM.

Already this season we've led two games and not won, and not come from behind either. Same problem as last year.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Hang on Gru, you only quoted 3 who played today!

Others I mentioned just fill sick Bay up! Eaves & Kayode may as well join them. Bramall doesn't have the positional sense to play left back I'd be trying McCart there. Fred he's back next Saturday that's a bonus. Get signings in we need then play 4-5-1 in games we're trying not to lose but not Hugill lone forward. 4-3-3 games we are targeting to win. Midfield players then can have time out to keep them fresh.

play 4-5-1 in games we're trying not to lose
    That will be all of the remaining 43 games then

Taylor saying our players are fatigued is a bit concerning after 4 ****ing games. We concede so much possession and it is harder work without the ball.
    Hall
    Peltier
    Wiles
    Odoffin
    Ferguson
    Lindsay
    Kelly
    7 players out injured is bad for any club. It’s catastrophic for a squad of our size.
    At least it is an easy one at home to Leicester next.
    I feel like I’m in an abusive relationship with the club I love them but they drive me to drink.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast