+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ayr Utd away

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    I have often wondered about this - we frequently have players absent due to injuries sustained in training. Last season we had a good few weeks missing 3 first team players (I think it was Harkes, McGrath and Middleton) all out with hamstring injuries. Here we are again with a key midfielder missing due to a hamstring injury that happened in training.

I read a few months back that the Scotland team had abandoned their training facilities at Oriam National Performance Centre because the pitches were "a safety hazard" and "a health risk". Is St Andrews any better?
    We had seven boys with hamstring injuries at one point last year. The five who were documented, along with Smith & Sibbs who were being monitored whilst continuing to play. Crazy.

The pitches at St Andrews are superb, meticulously maintained and have a slope similar to tannadice. I can’t imagine we would choose to train there for so long if they were anything but. Injuries could be bad luck or the type of training methods but again I can’t imagine the training would be putting the players purposefully at risk.
    I’d say bad luck.
    If in doubt though I blame other team’s plastic pitches!

We've trained at St Andrews from 2006/2007 or something, so pretty much all of the Levein Houston and early McNamara era (which was good until the sales), that 2007-2015 period is the second best in our history

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    We had seven boys with hamstring injuries at one point last year. The five who were documented, along with Smith & Sibbs who were being monitored whilst continuing to play. Crazy.
    Are the guys who look after the injuries the same guys who run DUTV?

who plays up front if moult picks up a knock ?

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    who plays up front if moult picks up a knock ?
    Watt, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by scARAB beetle View Post
    The pitches at St Andrews are superb, meticulously maintained and have a slope similar to tannadice. I can’t imagine we would choose to train there for so long if they were anything but. Injuries could be bad luck or the type of training methods but again I can’t imagine the training would be putting the players purposefully at risk.
    I’d say bad luck.
    If in doubt though I blame other team’s plastic pitches!
    Like you say, it's highly unlikely any pitch is the cause of a hamstring injury. More likely our training methods, gym work, recovery etc. Will be interesting to see if Allan Gartshore, the new strength and conditioning coach, makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Like you say, it's highly unlikely any pitch is the cause of a hamstring injury. More likely our training methods, gym work, recovery etc. Will be interesting to see if Allan Gartshore, the new strength and conditioning coach, makes a difference.
    Yeah, it sounds far fetched to think a meticulously maintained pitch as being a possible reason. As you say, far more likely what the players are doing on it.

Walton
    Grimshaw Gallagher Holt McMann
    Docherty Glass
    Cudjoe Watt Middleton
    Moult

Think this might be the team today going by rumours I've read, hope so, would be a boost having the captain back

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Walton
    Grimshaw Gallagher Holt McMann
    Docherty Glass
    Cudjoe Watt Middleton
    Moult

Think this might be the team today going by rumours I've read, hope so, would be a boost having the captain back
    Yup. I did say Doc wasn't to be ruled out of this weekend. Massive bonus.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)