+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ayr Utd away

Ayr Utd away

Had the feel of a very important match for us

Hard to know from lichties and Dunf where we are yet in terms of getting promotion and this will be a proper test.

We need to be getting wins if we are going to mount a title charge

We have men out but so do they

With the squad we have now we should be able to be more than competitive.

Walton
    Denham Gallagher Holt McMann
    Grimshaw
    Cudjoe Glass Fotheringham
    Watt Moult

Come on United !!!

Given our injuries in midfield at moment I don't think we can read to much into this result, other than if we can pull off a win. 🙂

I'd be relatively happy if we come away with the 0 in our L column still intact, very happy if that's on the back of a win as not expecting one

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I'd be relatively happy if we come away with the 0 in our L column still intact, very happy if that's on the back of a win as not expecting one
    Pretty defeatist for a guy who thinks everything is just fine.

With no brainfarts, and it's straightforward 2-0 win for us. A tough game, but a professional performance and the right attitude, should be enough to see us alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Pretty defeatist for a guy who thinks everything is just fine.

Here he goes again 🤡

Firstly, where did I say everything was fine?
    Secondly, it's not defeatist
    Thirdly you calling anyone else a defeatist 😂

Now let's not derail the thread needlessly, stick to the topic

Not a clue about right back , loathe to play Denholm there , going back to playing guys not in their natural positions but may have to unfortunately, we are light in midfield as well , will do well to get all 3 points

I suppose we could keep Grimshaw at right back and then play another midfielder - though I don’t think any of the others available give much defensive cover - if it’s thought that is needed

Or we play 3 at the back in 3-5-2

I don’t know if Flynn Duffy or Ross Graham despite being left sided could make the switch to the right side ?!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Given our injuries in midfield at moment I don't think we can read to much into this result, other than if we can pull off a win. 🙂
    Ayr have a smaller squad and more injuries, should be a win if not then questions should be asked of the management and there ability to set up a team to win.

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Not a clue about right back , loathe to play Denholm there , going back to playing guys not in their natural positions but may have to unfortunately, we are light in midfield as well , will do well to get all 3 points
    Young centre backs do sometimes start out playing full back. I'd have no issue with trying it as he can't be worse than freeman.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)