+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bantams

Bantams

Noticed that one of their first year scholars has just signed up with Forest - Alfie Roberts.

Incidentally, he is the fifth Bradford player to get the chance with a club in the top flight in the past couple of seasons....

Any road up, think we will do well to get a point in this one, but I hope that I am proved wrong ...

Am going for a 1-1 draw (tightening up defensively) - CBR to score after coming on in the second-half ...

Surely, after his antics at the end of last season's home game, it has to be Long sticking it to Hughes again.
    Bradford also seem to be suffering from being a fancied team early in the season. They are 18th, have only won 1 of their 4 games and have a goal difference of -3. It's important that we don't completely shut up shop in same way as last season's trip.
    However, because the pressure is on for Hughes and because, despite our scoring record we don't create a lot of chances, I believe this will be our first loss 0-2.

I think that Hughes will have them fired up for this one. I can see O'Riordan starting this game and I hope that Long doesn't get suckered into losing his head. My prediction is a 3-1 loss.

For me O`Riordan would be one of the first names on the team sheet. He is an excellent prospect and combines well with other CB`s. But I really do not think it will happen. They will continue with Offord.

Our defence is leaking too many goals. Is this due to the CB`s not in unison, or is it down to the incredible weakness of our midfield who do not challenge or compete. It is a strange situation, most of our supporters comment on it and maintain this is the teams main problem, but our management seem to think there is no problem. LB just stands there with his arms folded and allows it to continue. Opponents walk through the middle unchallenged. If we are going to compete for possible promotion thing have to change.

Surprised that to date there are no loan signings.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    For me O`Riordan would be one of the first names on the team sheet. He is an excellent prospect and combines well with other CB`s. But I really do not think it will happen. They will continue with Offord.

Our defence is leaking too many goals. Is this due to the CB`s not in unison, or is it down to the incredible weakness of our midfield who do not challenge or compete. It is a strange situation, most of our supporters comment on it and maintain this is the teams main problem, but our management seem to think there is no problem. LB just stands there with his arms folded and allows it to continue. Opponents walk through the middle unchallenged. If we are going to compete for possible promotion thing have to change.

Surprised that to date there are no loan signings.
    You're both right. O'Riordan in but for Williams not Offord

WTF??? McGarry has to be given the push. How can a listener be unsure which side has scored if the commentator is doing his job? Bradford on the attack, a breakaway , goal. Utter *******s from the man. He's STILL calling us Crewe ALEXANDER FFS!
    And now again... a whole passage of play ending with a corner.....BUT WHO FOR????
    YOU'RE COMMENTATING ON THE RADIO!

I have to say I don't understand Tracey's role in this set up. He needs space in front of him and he's not going to get that in the middle. So if they're going to play this style then surely Holicek has to start.

Am now watching on a 'stick' and listening to the Radio Leeds commentary. Just as bad.
    Apparently, we have O'Ryerdon, Tabineer and Hoylick playing for us!!!

That game showed how much we need another midfielder who will allow Powell to play further forward. Tabiner had his best game of the season but couldn't do it all. The fact that neither Long nor Nevitt got much of the ball says it all really. We need our two creative players influencing the game more.
    I also think Adebisi plays better on the right where he can cut inside.
    Tracey is a waste in the middle. If we don't play 3 up front, he shouldn't be picked. The exception being when one of the front two are injured.
    Cooney has yet to prove himself and possibly isn't worth his place.
    I personally would go back to 433 for the future.
    Still we ARE in a better place than last year and even in the event of us not adding personnel I can't see any danger.

Okay, we lost - but this is a much better away performance than this time a year ago.

Really soft goal to give away. Thought 'Harv' had a good game overall, and seems to be getting more confident with each game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast