+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pieters and Furlong

I accept a lot of the criticism of Furlong’s defensive errors and positional sense. Also there is some undoubted petulance and inevitable cards. However, he’s becoming more willing to develop as an attacking ‘wing back’. Undoubtedly his long throw is a specific skill and threat.
    I’m unconvinced that we have anyone in the squad standing out as an immediate replacement. Accordingly, I will take the ‘devil you know’

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    I accept a lot of the criticism of Furlong’s defensive errors and positional sense. Also there is some undoubted petulance and inevitable cards. However, he’s becoming more willing to develop as an attacking ‘wing back’. Undoubtedly his long throw is a specific skill and threat.
    I’m unconvinced that we have anyone in the squad standing out as an immediate replacement. Accordingly, I will take the ‘devil you know’
    I agree, just needs the errors coaching out.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    I agree, just needs the errors coaching out.
    It amazes me that nobody appears to have tried that before.

Watching Furlong it always amazes me how he ever made it as a pro footballer as he has no football ability at all, he is more of an athlete really, his long throws are definitely better than his crossing, Carlos apparently wants a wing back hopefully to replace Furlong.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    Watching Furlong it always amazes me how he ever made it as a pro footballer as he has no football ability at all, he is more of an athlete really, his long throws are definitely better than his crossing, Carlos apparently wants a wing back hopefully to replace Furlong.

Totally agree as he’s an absolute liability! Useless in fact!

I made it down on Saturday and once again the Vine and a few pints made it just about watchable!

We won and obviously happy, however it is the passing round like the old Arsenal that scares me, like many have said we don't have the players for it... but then we haven't got the right striker to hoof the ball upto either in Asante!

I don't remember besides our goals much excitement with trying to break or stretching their defence. We seem to rely heavily on throwing or corners. What do they practice in training all week for them to go into a game and leisurely pass the ball backwards at a snails pace?!?

I saw that Jed is struggling and maybe captaincy or a niggle is causing it, was happy when Sarimento came on, he looks skilfully but very raw.

What did Swift do besides the great goal? He is possibly too much of a Rolls Royce type and we need more effort for me.

Phillips was great, Kipper had a good game and to win 4-2 is something we cannot gwumble about.

I too am happy with 7 points so far, bring on Huddersfield!

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    It amazes me that nobody appears to have tried that before.
    Indeed, quite astonishing!

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Totally agree Prando. Overall he’s been a good signing.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Totally agree Prando. Overall he’s been a good signing.

He’s been a better signing than Zohorse and Grant 😛

Remember peters and lee. Think they were originally on opportunity knocks or new faces. Think he dead now.. maybe Pieters and furlong
    Should do a tribute act ..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)