+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup First Qualifying Round …

FA Cup First Qualifying Round …

The next round of FA Cup glory is this Saturday Frank,have you got any interest in it now Wisbech have been knocked out?
    Carlton Town have been drawn Nuneaton Borough and I’ve been asked if I fancied going by someone who I know who supports them and as it’s less than a hour away I thought that I would be a Miller for the day,what about Cambridge City,they are away to Leighton Town who I’ve never heard of,will you be watching out for their result 5pm Saturday?

Funny you mention that ive just seen the fixture list on football webpages. The short answer is no. Im watching a live mass from the catholic church in cambridge, its amazing to think that i thought this had merit.

Its just babbling the same phrases over and over, and singing rubbish, the church goers have been brain washed. The supreme intelligence, god Buddha etc would be laughing up roariously at such nonsense.

If a group of badgers did this in my name id tell them to stop being so stupid. gods an adult, id like to know their best jokes.

There is something to be said about being in the company of the divine but it isnt this. The bible contains secrets, some ive discussed, if you go to church discussing the bible and its teachings would be good, not pre school crap.

Got the joys of cambc v Spalding....if i can be bothered.

AAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNN. God be with you, lift up your hearts, it is right and fitting.

Gawd sake guvnor.

How do you feel when you come out of the church and shake the priests hand though,do you feel better in yourself and thst some your burdens have been lifted or is there a numbness that you’ve just wasted a hour and 15 minutes?

What will the the Father be preaching in 50 years time,back in 73 I can quite clearly remembering how homo***uality was wrong and there was no place in heaven for those who indulged in such sinful acts and yet now our church welcomes lesbians and gays to pray,when did the church surrender to the wokes?

If there is a priest there, usually there isnt, i would avoid him like the plague, even if there was no one else there, id be walking by the wall away from him, being touched by another human being, unless invited is an abhorrence.

I dont get the football thing, shaking hands, embracing, fist bumping, etc, all the time, its mad. When i played and scored being touched was abhorrent, whats all the touching about, some wokery bo llocks.

Going to church puts me in touch with something bigger, greater, im filled with peace, a mass doesnt have to be on, its like talking to the big IT, face to face. And of the things i have asked for, he has delivered, no miss. No time spent in church is wasted.

In the 60s someone did a research project involving rats, there were a lot of rats with sufficient space and food. Over time space and food was reduced, and competition for such increased. To cut it short, to control the population, nature, rats became or were born gay, thats all there is to it.

I used to feel about same love as you, i dont now, its a nature thing trying to fix a problem. What i do have trouble with is its promotion, 90 per cent of people are easily led into a life style that isnt for them purely because its fashionable, the stats say one to three percent of people are truly gay, three percent is pushing it.

In the age of social media, the easily led, which is the very vast majority will conform to whoever champions garbage, look at trans, gay, wokery, Labour, climate, and a whole host of mad stuff. If your in charge and speak nonsense, the majority wiill believe it, Khan is a prime example.

Politicians KNOW people are sheep, and the coke rush for sheep is jumping on a bandwagon, very few people think for themselves, and ten seconds of fame, attention is their coke rush.
    Look at the catholic church, as corrupt and sinful as it gets, the Tories, lib dems, Labour, Starmer opposes ULEZ and charging by the mile, but its in the maifesto.

Authenticity doesnt exist, its all corrupt, far worse now than when i became political watching the news in the early sixties, about 5 years old, maybe sooner. Things were as bad then, britain was run by communists.

Russia even. As for mass, the mass i watched yesterday was repeating the same stuff i listened too as a child, day in day out, it repeated such for my 66 years, and before from 1878 or whenever, to suggest change for the better is heresy, worthy of death.

Is " God be with you" all there is? Its for simpletons, theres plenty of them. Scripture, a reading from the bible and its interpretation should be the centre piece, as an instruction manuel, confession on a church wide scale, a cleansing, someone should confess in the pulpit as a shining light.

Oh, there is a gospel, about five minutes, the same stuff i heard as a child, okayed by the church, most of the mass is as you say, wasting time with silly platitudes, it needs something more, of worth, something to touch people on a deep level.

10 minutes of complete silence would be good, it happens now but is about ten seconds, to be silent, to confront your own thoughts and feelings, to think, to feel, to just be aware, a node of consciousness, ive done that on my own and in a Buddist temple among others, it did me the world of good.

I do it now for five minutes before bed, to look at the sky the stars if they are out. Get in touch with infinity. Its important to realise this world is dark, evil, wrong, by design, just doing your best is all there is, trying is the key, failing is ok. Failing means youll be back to take the same year again. Who wants that.

Your priest doesn’t go outside to shake your hand or say goodbye to you? I don’t think that I’ve even seen this happen at our church and I always presumed that it was done in all churches,even when I’ve visited new churches the vicar was the first out to thank you for coming,

I suppose I’ve just got accept that this is the world that I live in now and religion has moved on and become more inclusive to all and it’s me that’s that’s stuck in the 60’s or whatever,you raise some interesting points Frank which are food for thought,thank you

1-2

Cracking game with Carlton under the cosh for most of the time but somehow managed to make it into the next round,£12 well spent with 351 witnessing the Millers triumphant victory

Fingers crossed for a home tie next

I have noticed Carlton riding high, you still go then. Nuneaton have featured quite a bit over the years, i remember going to the old ground to watch Cambridge City, they had a huge stand behind one goal, and vast terracing, and decent gates, i always expected them to go far higher.

Neil Harris was playing for City, he went on to be a good manager, including Millwall, he was well known for needing 15 chances to score one, ably demonstrated in that game. It shows you have to fail first to succeed, he became a top striker.

Ive been to that ground to watch United in the conference, like it was yesterday, it was a long time ago, a mate at that game has passwed on, feeling old today.

The current ground compared to the old one is sad, something bad goes on there, credit to United though, despite the corruption, fiddling, etc, they are either going up or down and have done well unlike Nuneaton. Have Carlton a money man? Wisbech sacked their manager recently and won 5-0 yesterday.

Carlton is a club that I watch every now and again when Notts are away as one of my neighbours follows them,I knew that he was going to Nuneaton and as I fancied a day out I tagged along,I’m not really sure about the ownership and stuff as I only go to watch them half a dozen times a season but what’s not to like about going to a new ground in a FA Cup game

Rushall Olympic FC v Carlton Town

Biggleswade v Cambridge City

Never heard of Rushall but apparently it’s in Walsall somewhere

The Birmingham Argus covered the Walsall area and it charted Rushalls rise, i went there once to see City lose in a cup game. It has a tidy ground, money has been spent on the stadium and team. They are in the conference north now, someone behind the scenes has money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)