+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Rankings so far

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Thats not correct, I have said he beats his man for for 10 minutes and then fades out...
    I honestly don’t think he’s being asked/instructed to beat his man. We have a clear tactic with Nemane, he or someone passes it inside and that player (usually Crowley or Palmer) play the ball round the corner and Nemanes away, it’s predictable but it works countless times.
    It’s hard for any player to take a player on from a standing start and most fullbacks now are pretty athletic too.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    5 games in and my top 5 performers so far would be...

1. Bostock
    2. Palmer
    3. Crowley
    4. Jones
    5. Nemane

many others doing well too
    And I'm feeling like a complete mug for speculating before the season that if there's a weakness this year it might be across the middle line. So far the CMs and wingers have been top class I think (It's a small sample size though, and we still have to see us against the top promotion contenders).
    I would go for the exact same too. I think Langstaff and Mcgoldrick need to go up a level as for me they have been on even par with each other, their not doing terrible but you just know they have another gear or two in them.

I don't think Nemane fades out, I think it is game management, (not time wasting by the way) just the way we decide to play, as the game goes on. If it was purely down to him fading out, he would never have been able to play with such stamina and non stop running, during the final at Wembley.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I don't think Nemane fades out, I think it is game management, (not time wasting by the way) just the way we decide to play, as the game goes on. If it was purely down to him fading out, he would never have been able to play with such stamina and non stop running, during the final at Wembley.
    Agreed. I don’t see him fading out at all. I see him playing as instructed and his stamina levels are massive. He ran every blade of grass at least 20 times at Wembley, and has continued to do the same this season.
    Yes, his crossing isn’t the best, hence he ended up in the NL. If he could do it all immediately, then he would be further up the leagues, but as said above, with one season of coaching here, he is a totally different player to the one that came into the door, and I reckon there’s more to give. First name of the the team sheet for me. Well, maybe second after Bostock.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I honestly don’t think he’s being asked/instructed to beat his man. We have a clear tactic with Nemane, he or someone passes it inside and that player (usually Crowley or Palmer) play the ball round the corner and Nemanes away, it’s predictable but it works countless times.
    It’s hard for any player to take a player on from a standing start and most fullbacks now are pretty athletic too.
    thats interesting too. I noticed the same thing as Durhampie that AN's role seems to change as the game goes on. An and DC love to terrorize defences at first then back off and cut inside, and then try it agian beginning of second half. Whether it's down to fitness/ability to be consistent/stamina/ or strategy it's hard to say.
    Last edited by Mud Pie; 30-08-2023 at 01:05 AM.

One thing AN doesn't get enough credit for is his consistency - you know more or less what level of perfromance you're going to get from him, and that includes getting back and doing decent defensive work too.

Everyone knows that Matty Palmer is the most consistent player at the club, but I think AN goes under the radar in this category.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    You are not allowed to criticize Nemane on here..
    Haha. There are some who view commentary on here as criticism. I'm not in a position to be critical, nor is anyone else on this board. We are not privy to what is being asked of players in certain situations and how well they meet that brief.
    What we can do is comment on what we see. Surely that's what the board is for??
    I'm sure LW doesn't scour the message board for tactical aid or team selection. 😁
    If he does, might I suggest a run of games for TAR in the RWB position? I feel he is stronger defensively and delivers a better quality of cross from what I've seen.
    No doubting Nemanes significant contribution and we are lucky to have 2 such athletic players in that position. I just feel TAR may have greater quality at either end of the pitch should he be given chance to show it.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I think it was his dummy pass that made the THREE defenders all jump in the same direction leaving plenty of room for the pass to Palmer. That kind of play is purely instinctive, long may it continue.
    Great point. Exactly that. Feinted to pass and they all drift left. Less is more😁

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Palmer
    Bostock
    Jones
    Brindley
    Macca
    Good call with Brindley. After two pretty awful performances against Sutton and Lincoln, he's looked great. He was flawless away at Doncaster. Surprisingly, he looks better in the middle of the three rather than on the right.

Nemane certainly doesn't fade after 10 minutes, our 2nd goal came from his original cross(not bad for someone who can't cross a ball)that Didzy should have scored.
    Sometimes he complicates it, when he plays the 1-2(the old give and go) with Crowley he will beat the defender most times - his main attribute by a country mile is his pace he doesn't need to dribble past just push it and go.
    I still think he suffers with confidence and is not as clever a footballer as Jones who draws fouls and gets more free kicks by being smart.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast