+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Rankings so far

Nemane has really grown into a really decent player at Notts. His crossing is not as good as Austin but the way he beats players for pace at times in a match is crucial to the way we play. It puts the opposition on the backfoot and allows us to keep possession for long periods. The opposition simply get dragged back as they are scared of the pace in behind.

The way we have started the season coupled with last season has got armchair Notts fans (of which we probably all know many) turning up to games and liking what they are seeing and more importantly coming back for more.

Difficult to look past these 5 for me

1. Bostock
    2. Crowley
    3. Jones
    4. Palmer
    5. Stone (after a shaky start he's been excellent)

Special mention to Brindley, as in the last few matches he has looked like he has played the centre of a 3 man defence since he could first kick a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    5 games in and my top 5 performers so far would be...

1. Bostock
    2. Palmer
    3. Crowley
    4. Jones
    5. Nemane

many others doing well too
    And I'm feeling like a complete mug for speculating before the season that if there's a weakness this year it might be across the middle line. So far the CMs and wingers have been top class I think (It's a small sample size though, and we still have to see us against the top promotion contenders).
    I thought I'd have another look at this after 10 games. Some changes not surprisingly

1. Crowley
    2. Bostock
    3. Palmer
    4. Jones
    5. Langstaff

Closest call for me there is for 3rd spot but MP has the edge for his consistency over 10 games. Nemane drops out, and probably behind Brindley and Didzy now too.

Think I would have Jones higher up;

1. Crowley
    2. Jones
    3. Palmer
    4. Macca
    5. Bostock

Langstaff is still scoring goals and he’s now added far more to his game outside the box, including non stop pressing.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Think I would have Jones higher up;

1. Crowley
    2. Jones
    3. Palmer
    4. Macca
    5. Bostock

Langstaff is still scoring goals and he’s now added far more to his game outside the box, including non stop pressing.
    Maca is a hard one to place. He's got to be up there as 7 goals from 10 games puts him on pace for 32 in the league. Keep that up and he has to rise to the top. At the moment, players ahead of him reflect the fact that we're top of the league. Many players have put in some bloody good 10 match runs.

I'd go

Crowley
    Palmer
    Bostock
    Jones (I think he could be higher if he played attacking mid)
    Macca

I think Mcgoldrick will be shooting up the soon, he's getting better and better. Nemanes been a bit hit and miss at the moment, LW from his interview obviously sees him as a star.
    I would love to put some of the defenders in as I think they are getting the rough end the stick, still asked to play from the back at a level above and I honestly think they have shown some balls in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I would love to put some of the defenders in as I think they are getting the rough end the stick, still asked to play from the back at a level above and I honestly think they have shown some balls in doing so.
    Me too. 'Best players this season' isn't the same as best players, period - that has to be a different list.
    I would've had Baldwin and Cameron as 2 of our best 4 players after Ruben left, but neither have proven it so far this season.
    Brindley has been the pick of the back line overall, but the likelihood is Baldwin getting that spot back at some stage.

What you say about showing guts is right (in our attacking system), and particularly applies to the wide defenders, who have to defend in acres of space. I don't think Rawlo or Brinds really fancy the one-on-ones, the speed trials and the crucial tackles you have to make out there. The centre can be a bit of a hiding place. Baldwin does pretty well out there, but his biggest value is in the middle really.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Me too. 'Best players this season' isn't the same as best players, period - that has to be a different list.
    I would've had Baldwin and Cameron as 2 of our best 4 players after Ruben left, but neither have proven it so far this season.
    Brindley has been the pick of the back line overall, but the likelihood is Baldwin getting that spot back at some stage.

What you say about showing guts is right (in our attacking system), and particularly applies to the wide defenders, who have to defend in acres of space. I don't think Rawlo or Brinds really fancy the one-on-ones, the speed trials and the crucial tackles you have to make out there. The centre can be a bit of a hiding place. Baldwin does pretty well out there, but his biggest value is in the middle really.
    Totally agree and the reason everyone is picking our midfielders and attacking players is because they are being given the platform to perform even at this level as their constantly seeing the ball and to their feet as the defenders are still passing /carrying it out to them. Their going to make mistakes, Fulham have literally just had one from their defender, it will happen.

1. Crowley
    2. Jones
    3. Bostock
    4. Macca
    5. Palmer

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I'd go

Crowley
    Palmer
    Bostock
    Jones (I think he could be higher if he played attacking mid)
    Macca

I think Mcgoldrick will be shooting up the soon, he's getting better and better. Nemanes been a bit hit and miss at the moment, LW from his interview obviously sees him as a star.
    With the news just now, and before we play another game, I'd just like to agree with Matt_Magpie on his rankings to this point of the season.

Crowley
    Palmer
    Bostock
    Jones
    Macca

I'd have Matty only behind Crowley on performances over the first 16 games. He's been as consistently good as in his first 2 seasons.

Not a patch on this lot

Fitz Simons
    Dickinson
    Brisley
    Duffy
    Virtue.

What a nightmare..

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast