+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Player Rankings so far

Recruitment is key

Quote Originally Posted by thefulltenyards View Post
    Recruitment is key
    We've seen enough evidence of that, both good now and bad in the past!

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    With the news just now, and before we play another game, I'd just like to agree with Matt_Magpie on his rankings to this point of the season.

Crowley
    Palmer
    Bostock
    Jones
    Macca

I'd have Matty only behind Crowley on performances over the first 16 games. He's been as consistently good as in his first 2 seasons.
    With just 4 games to go I thought I'd dig this thread out. So much has happened and changed since we last listed the top 5 performers this season.

Assuming Palmer, Macari, Robertson and Jatta haven't played enough games, I'm going with this

1. Crowley
    1. Jones
    3. Langstaff
    4. Bostock
    5. Nemane

I think most would go for JJ, but I think Crowley has been a bit more consistent and I've got them tied going into the last 4 games.
    Langstaff as L2's top scorer is fantastic. For me he's third already, can't catch the the front two, and nobody else can catch him.
    Then it's a big drop off to those others who have played enough games - I got Bostock and Nemane just edging out Didzy and Baldwin. I reckon everyone will have a different answers for No. 4 down

With just 4 games to go I thought I'd dig this thread out. So much has happened and changed since we last listed the top 5 performers this season.

Assuming Palmer, Macari, Robertson and Jatta haven't played enough games, I'm going with this

1. Crowley
    1. Jones
    3. Langstaff
    4. Bostock
    5. Nemane

I think most would go for JJ, but I think Crowley has been a bit more consistent and I've got them tied going into the last 4 games.
    Langstaff as L2's top scorer is fantastic. For me he's third already, can't catch the the front two, and nobody else can catch him.
    Then it's a big drop off to those others who have played enough games - I got Bostock and Nemane just edging out Didzy and Baldwin. I reckon everyone will have a different answers for No. 4 down
    Bostock or Didzy (whatever his name is) should be nowhere near any top player rankings.

1, Jones
    2, Crowley
    3, O'Brien
    4, Macca
    5, Nemane
    Last edited by durhampie; 08-04-2024 at 08:00 PM.

Bostock is a difficult one. He made such a strong start but that would prove to be the peak, and one he couldn't maintain, unfortunately.
    Even so, he's still been OK-ish. I think it's a stylistic thing, you either like that kind of player or you don't.

JOB's games and minutes have been a bit too patchy to have him up there IMO, but of his 6 seasons as a Notts player this is probably the best

I'll rank them in order of expectations

1. Jones - very robust in terms of injuries on the whole and recording breaking season

2. Langstaff - made the step up again and currently top scorer in the league

3. Crowley - very good goal contributions return

4. O'Brien - another year older but still in there contributing and helped us through some difficult times prior to Robertson arriving

5. Macari - really happy we have at least one promising defender at the club and has done well to not pick up the howler trait which seemed to be passed around the defence like the flu

If Matty Palmer isn't an option, I would go for Crowley and Jones dead heating for first place, with Macca third. The other two places are difficult with several options, and would go down to the final four games.

Bostock is a difficult one. He made such a strong start but that would prove to be the peak, and one he couldn't maintain, unfortunately.
    Even so, he's still been OK-ish. I think it's a stylistic thing, you either like that kind of player or you don't.

JOB's games and minutes have been a bit too patchy to have him up there IMO, but of his 6 seasons as a Notts player this is probably the best
    You can see his brain literally working but I think his legs have gone so to speak and its time for him to consider his options. I would be disappointed if he was offered a new contract but maybe he will perform miracles before the end of the season.

Anyway

1. Jones.

2. Crowley

3. Macca

4. Macari

5. Cannot give one as a large number tie for the spot.

Assume I cannot offer anything to Matty P.

Regards QP.

For me the top 4 are clear - and most seem to agree. The order they come is a matter of opinion. I’ll go for:

1. Jones
    2. Crowley
    3. Macca
    4. Nemane

The 5th is harder, Baldwin, Macari, O’Brien all have a case but, despite being disappointing a lot of the season, McGoldricks 13 goals and 6 assists must count for something - albeit most were earlier in the season. So I’ll go

5. McGoldrick.

1. Jones
    2. Crowley
    3. Langstaff
    4. Nemane
    5. Austin

Can’t think of any other that has impressed me.
    Jatta, Robbo, Macari all look promising though but not seen enough.

Add a decent keeper, 2 dominant defenders and Matty Palmer to the above and it doesn’t look too shabby. Add Cameron, McGoldrick and Scott to the mix as well. Quick count of the above, that’s 15 players. We’re going to have a fair bit of dead wood next year unlikely to be moved on. Baldwin and Bostock can leave but that still leaves Stone, Slocombe, Rawlinson, Brindley, Chicksen, OBrien, Morias, Randall that aren’t up to it in my opinion. Baj and Scott haven’t proved them selves not good enough yet so I’d like to see them next year.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast