+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Player Rankings so far

[QUOTE=CamPie;40484566]For me the top 4 are clear - and most seem to agree. The order they come is a matter of opinion. I’ll go for:

1. Jones
    2. Crowley
    3. Macca
    4. Nemane

The 5th is harder, Baldwin, Macari, O’Brien all have a case but, despite being disappointing a lot of the season, McGoldricks 13 goals and 6 assists must count for something - albeit most were earlier in the season.[Quote]

I would go with that order with probably Macari number 5

Part of the problem has been inconsistency of good performances from many and consistency of poor performances from a few.
    JJ
    Crowley
    In that order head and shoulders above any of the others.
    A distant 3rd Langstaff but he's missed good chances in important games
    Macari next as he seldom has a bad game.
    The rest too inconsistent to make my pick

Very unfair on players who have had long spells out due to injury such as Bostock who is only just getting back to fitness and Scott etc. Why do we need this thread anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Very unfair on players who have had long spells out due to injury such as Bostock who is only just getting back to fitness and Scott etc. Why do we need this thread anyway?

Probably more of a Player of the Season, so far, thread

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    It's pretty obvious who the player of the season is!

The fact no centre back or goalkeeper makes anyone’s list tells us everything we need to know about this season. Solving those problems in the summer are far more important than who the manager is, in my eyes. No pressure, Mr Montague.

Looks like a straight shoot out between Jones and Crowley then. Hard to decide, and both are deserving of the award but IMO Crowley just nicks it for his all round play.

He gets us out of a lot of tight spots in general play and covers every blade of grass. He also has a good goal tally including some really special and well taken goals. Quite a few assists and pre-assists (or whatever they're called) as well I'd imagine, although I haven't seen the numbers.

He had one dip in form for a few games which coincided with our terrible run of results, and did the leg dangle for the penalty (against Sutton?) but apart from that he's 8 or 9 out of 10 pretty much every game and does the Matty Palmer job and the Ruben job at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    The fact no centre back or goalkeeper makes anyone’s list tells us everything we need to know about this season. Solving those problems in the summer are far more important than who the manager is, in my eyes. No pressure, Mr Montague.
    A few people have mentioned Macari, and rightly so. He looks a decent acquisition and seems to be able to do the basics of defending well. Should be a regular next season alongside some new recruits.

Yeah, that's how I see it and the intention - best performers of the season so far. As if the ratings we give for each game were banked...but with a correction, hopefully, for quality over quantity
    Very different to a 'best' or most valuable players list as I wrote earlier

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    A few people have mentioned Macari, and rightly so. He looks a decent acquisition and seems to be able to do the basics of defending well. Should be a regular next season alongside some new recruits.
    He's done brilliantly (but with only 15 starts). Can he cover wing-back at times, too? I'd be curious to see that.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast