+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer deadline day thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil81 View Post
    Should be quiet on the incomings front then! Do hope I am wrong though.

As others have already said, if we sell any more players it is likely Corberan will go too
    Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Another out going
    Rayhaan Tulloch on loan to Bradford

Hope Baggie Bird has a pair of boots?

Another out going
    Rayhaan Tulloch on loan to Bradford

Going to be a bit nervy until 11 isn't it? I'd really like to think that we won't give in and sell BTA, not only because I like the guy but because it makes no sense as however much we get for him we won't have a suitable replacement. Trouble is, you just never know with this lot. As for in-comings, I think the tumbleweed GIF will soon make its usual appearance on here 😞

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I really don’t understand financial fair play.

It seems to me to just be a tool to allow “big” clubs to remain big and to stop other clubs from reaching those heights.

I’m surprised that no club has challenged this in court, if it was a tool used against an individual it would be regarded as “restraint of trade” which is illegal.

If I was a club owner I’d take a joint action on behalf of my employees against the EPL for restraint of trade.

As far as own position is concerned, we shouldn’t rule out the sale of any player today.

Lai has to ensure we don’t go into administration as he loses control of the club and it’s assets at that point.

We could lose anyone today and any number of players, I think today will tell us a lot about the true state of affairs behind the scene.

I can see BTA going in the last couple of hours of the window to a lower range Premier League club for £7m or thereabouts.

Bournemouth, Sheff Utd, Burnley, Palace and even Luton are possibly going to look at him, if not them then an EFL club who’s started well this season.
    Rumours are that we'll accept £5m for him...

Same rumours say if the fringe players go, we won't need to offload players from the first XI....

I do think we're going to sell at least one or two players who we don't want to lose today.

Our wage bill is the problem, the best deal for us today would be to sell Diangana high wages and a transfer fee, if we sell Asante the money won't be re- invested, the worry is we get to later tonight and we haven't brought any money in then Yokuslu other high earners might have to be released on loan.

Hate this transfer deadline rubbish. Cant plan anything. Our only option up front is Asante. Within hours of our next match we might not have him. Clubs in the Prem spending £50,000,000 on one player and we say £5,000,000 asking price for Asante when he's pivotal to us this season. Spare change for a lot of Prem clubs and I would say that its way too soon for Asant'es development, so its not exactly good for him either! If he'd banged in 20 plus goals last season I could understand the interest. He needs to establish himself as a championship striker first.

It appears to me that any player that we have been linked with in this window has gone to another club. We’re obviously not an attractive option these days.

Jamal Lowe going to Swansea, dodged one there

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Hate this transfer deadline rubbish. Cant plan anything. Our only option up front is Asante. Within hours of our next match we might not have him. Clubs in the Prem spending £50,000,000 on one player and we say £5,000,000 asking price for Asante when he's pivotal to us this season. Spare change for a lot of Prem clubs and I would say that it’s way too soon for Asant'es development, so it’s not a kid not exactly good for him either! If he'd banged in 20 plus goals last season I could understand the interest. He needs to establish himself as a championship striker first.
    He’s not a kid though, he’s almost 25.

He’s averaged a goal every 4 games for Salford and now for us, for a non “out and out” striker that’s a rate that’ll suit a lot of clubs.

With better players I’d bet he’d get closer to a goal every 3 games.

He hasn’t got time left to waste in reality.

Another one out the door , Ethan Ingram on loan to Salford.
    That's 16 out ,with only 2 in plus a young un from villa.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)