+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer deadline day thread

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Another one out the door , Ethan Ingram on loan to Salford.
    That's 16 out ,with only 2 in plus a young un from villa.

We need to rename ourselves as Marie Celeste FC.

From next week you’ll be able to tour the stadium and see the unfinished meals in the can**** and other signs that there was once life there.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Another one out the door , Ethan Ingram on loan to Salford.
    That's 16 out ,with only 2 in plus a young un from villa.
    Yes, also Coventry looking at Swift, how much is he worth? £3m? Personally like hime but not involved enough, shame we got rid of TGH in my opinion

Leeds Utd making an approach for Asante. Makes you sick, a team who are already one of the promotion favourites wanting one of our assets. It’s becoming a mini Prem. Top Prem teams are currently cherry picking talent from teams who need those players. It’s all about the money, has been for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Leeds Utd making an approach for Asante. Makes you sick, a team who are already one of the promotion favourites wanting one of our assets. It’s becoming a mini Prem. Top Prem teams are currently cherry picking talent from teams who need those players. It’s all about the money, has been for decades.
    But that’s the game now and has been for years.

What a pity we never took advantage of clubs who needed to sell when we were in a strong position.

From Blues alone,

Redmond

Demari Gray

Jude and Jobe Bellingham

Che Adams

Jared Bowen, Ivan Toney, both absolute no brainers.

Callum Wilson when at severely cash strapped Coventry, on our doorstep and with 22 goals in 49 matches by 2014.

Most of the above I wanted, every one of them would’ve been better than what we’ve had or have now.

In the meantime we’ve wasted tens of millions on,

Chadli

Oliver Burke

Rondon

Brown Ideye

Callum McMannaman

Diangana

Zohorre

Dike

This is around £85m of utter waste whereas the players I’ve mentioned would’ve cost peanuts in comparison.

I’m sick of seeing our club getting completely rinsed by inadequate recruitment staff.

A ship of fools since Ashworth departed.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    But that’s the game now and has been for years.

What a pity we never took advantage of clubs who needed to sell when we were in a strong position.

From Blues alone,

Redmond

Demari Gray

Jude and Jobe Bellingham

Che Adams

Jared Bowen, Ivan Toney, both absolute no brainers.

Callum Wilson when at severely cash strapped Coventry, on our doorstep and with 22 goals in 49 matches by 2014.

Most of the above I wanted, every one of them would’ve been better than what we’ve had or have now.

In the meantime we’ve wasted tens of millions on,

Chadli

Oliver Burke

Rondon

Brown Ideye

Callum McMannaman

Diangana

Zohorre

Dike

This is around £85m of utter waste whereas the players I’ve mentioned would’ve cost peanuts in comparison.

I’m sick of seeing our club getting completely rinsed by inadequate recruitment staff.

A ship of fools since Ashworth departed.
    FFS, this is criminal and gross negligence… 🤬🫣

Totally agree part of the reason we are in trouble with wages is we sign players with no re-sale value on big wages, selling Asante for £ 5 million would actually be good business after buying him for £300,000.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    Totally agree part of the reason we are in trouble with wages is we sign players with no re-sale value on big wages, selling Asante for £ 5 million would actually be good business after buying him for £300,000.
    I can’t see how it could be good business as that would leave us with only one fit recognised striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I can’t see how it could be good business as that would leave us with only one fit recognised striker.
    Because Salt is talking about “business” and not footballing common sense.

Any asset you buy for £300k and sell for around 17 times what you paid for it is brilliant business…..terrible for our footballing situation but superb business.

It’s just a pity we haven’t discovered the Bellingham brothers as that level of talent can dig a club like ours out of the financial sh it at almost a stroke.

I know that there is always an element of risk when buying players, especially so for clubs that are not mega rich as they will all be looking at the same
    quite limited pool of players available in their budgets and this level of competition can then lead to some jumping in earlier than they might want without giving the time for proper due diligence. Even so, the number of failures in our recruitment over recent years is quite staggering.

5 hours left and an hour to cock up the paper work.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)