+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Curious case of John Buckley

I was extremely satisfied with where we finished.
    I was satisfied with how the manager performed.
    Yes or no,do you feel some of our weak performances,were the reason we missed out on the play offs?
    You can't get tanked by Rotherham then win 1-0 and expect to get into the top 6.
    The same things are happening again.
    I didn't expect us to get to the play offs last season and I don't expect it this season.
    However at some point with our debt being what it is,we have to try and make a move.
    Getting turned over by Plymouth(flattering or not)is not going to get us there.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I was extremely satisfied with where we finished.
    I was satisfied with how the manager performed.
    Yes or no,do you feel some of our weak performances,were the reason we missed out on the play offs?
    You can't get tanked by Rotherham then win 1-0 and expect to get into the top 6.
    The same things are happening again.
    I didn't expect us to get to the play offs last season and I don't expect it this season.
    However at some point with our debt being what it is,we have to try and make a move.
    Getting turned over by Plymouth(flattering or not)is not going to get us there.
    You were happy. After a ball was kicked. Before a ball was kicked, Robin you said all of this. And the season before. You completely wrote them off saying they would be mid table fodder. And they weren't. They actually had a very good season. If all you remember is the negative and the defeats then that's where we differ. As we won more. But your brushing over that quickly to mention the defeats. We aren't good enough to go up. Are you watching Burnley & Luton this season? Both were good enough to go up. But nowhere near good enough to stay up. We don't want them to go up. If you don't like losing every so often to Plymouth, your going to hate losing every week. By 5 6 and 7. You would literally go mad. So why keep mentioning play offs? When we miss out on GD on the final day your unhappy. Despite saying this side would finish 12th. Theh finish 7th but that's not good enough for you.
    Rovers have a bottom 5 budget. They regularly punch well above their weight. You know that. But its not good enough because your demanding play offs? Why? They exceed your expectations every season. By the end your happy. But when it comes back round to the next season you write them off again.
    Plymouth was a freak result. It should have been 3 nil to us. They got a huge slice of luck for the first. 2 defections. They hadn't had a shot before that. Then things went their way. Like things went our way at Watford.
    That's football in a nut shell. Personally I wouldn't read too much into either result. Its still early.

It's more the fact that financially we need to go up,rather than I personally need to go up.
    Premier league football is something I don't desire.
    Obscene amounts of money is spent on pretty average players and the league is basically split in half.
    Top 7 are in there own league.
    Where we finished last season was pleasing but you often think to what could of been.
    We got smashed by mediocre teams like Rotherham and Preston.
    Now we add Plymouth to the list of crap teams that have turned us over.
    Losing I can handle but getting smashed by teams,we really should be beating is another matter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)