+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Deadline Day

Transfer Deadline Day

Barrow, Wimbledon, Walsall, Wrexham, Colchester, MK Dons, Sutton have all made a move today

Getting late in the day now, are we going to do anything ourselves? Is anything in the works?

Drogheda play tonight if Conor keeley is left out the squad that’ll be interesting

Some notts fans on twitter suggesting that Kane Hemmings might be coming in now he's been released by Tranmere. I can't see it myself though.

I'm not overly confident we'll be making any signings today, which I'll be disappointed about considering the lack of depth we have in central midfield, especially after Baj's injury.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Some notts fans on twitter suggesting that Kane Hemmings might be coming in now he's been released by Tranmere. I can't see it myself though.

I'm not overly confident we'll be making any signings today, which I'll be disappointed about considering the lack of depth we have in central midfield, especially after Baj's injury.
    Think there’s better out there now we could go for than Hemmings if we wasn’t to sign anyone it would be hugely disappointing as most of the others top league 2 teams have strengthened.

Would rather we didn’t sign anybody than just sign a couple of “fillers” to act as backup. If we can’t find anybody that improves the current squad, then we’ll have to go with what we have, although I really am hoping for a central defender and midfielder still.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post

That's just typical Notts fans though, ex player gets released they want them back no matter how bad they were. Hemmings is not the type of player we need or the type that would pop up on Radars radar.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Think there’s better out there now we could go for than Hemmings if we wasn’t to sign anyone it would be hugely disappointing as most of the others top league 2 teams have strengthened.
    No need to panic. Pizza dough isn't even made yet. Not sure that the list is most of the others at the top. I would rather we make sure we get the right player than just increase the numbers.

I think it might be a bit of who will blink first with clubs not accepting our offers then realising that the time is running out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Exactly, a loanee forward until January to provide some depth would surely be better than an ageing journeyman.

Plus were one or two injuries or suspensions away at Central midfield or centre back before were down to bare bones, so surely that has to be addressed before 11 tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_Southwell_Magpie View Post
    Would rather we didn’t sign anybody than just sign a couple of “fillers” to act as backup. If we can’t find anybody that improves the current squad, then we’ll have to go with what we have, although I really am hoping for a central defender and midfielder still.
    My thoughts exactly. Notts got recruitment done nice and early and people still get giddy on transfer deadline day.
    I’m not as convinced that we are as short in CM as others are. We have 4 solid pros in there (JoB, Matty P, Boz and Crowley) we could add JJ and Austin in there if push came to shove.
    I suspect the signing of Didzy and Maccas new improved contract has made a dent in the coffers and left little wiggle room.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Notts got recruitment done nice and early and people still get giddy on transfer deadline day.
    I’m not as convinced that we are as short in CM as others are. We have 4 solid pros in there (JoB, Matty P, Boz and Crowley) we could add JJ and Austin in there if push came to shove.
    I can't see Crowley in one of the pivot roles.

If we can't land a Baj replacement, one way to cover there (CM) might be Baldwin. I usually hate defeders being picked in midfield, but him covering for either JB or MP if necessary with the likes of Rawlo behind could be an interesting fix for a while.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast