+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kitching gone …… it sends a signal

Kitching between 4-5 million, we should have asked for 10 million for Mads who is 50 times the player Kiching is!!!
    As has been said we have had Coventry's pants down! I would have taken the 2 million offer!
    We don't know how these new lads will turn out, the lad from Burnsley could be another Bobby Thomas? Cosgrove could hit 20 odd goals? Time will tell.
    It's now up to Collins to get the shape right and the best out of the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The owners aren't a charity YN and it's easy to spend someone else's money .

The club's financial issues that have blighted growth have been addressed , you need to ditch the mindset of today and that you want it now and show some patience .

If the club can't stand on its own two feet it deserves to be unsuccessful or even go out of business altogether .

There are no free meals in this world .

At the first sign of a bump in the road you lambast .

Take heart in the fact you have a club to support and the ownership have displayed a safe pair of financial hands .

Exciting times ahead .
    When the directors stand up in front of supporters and say that the club is not a selling club and no one will be sold this transfer window - and we are not here to make money and will not take a penny out of the club (applause from the crowd) - then what do you think that actually means ???

I’ll tell you what I think it means:
    Firstly I take their word for it and believe what they say.
    Secondly it gives the impression that the club finances might look weak - but the directors are NOT that concerned about the finances - they arn’t desperate to sell to bring in money.
    The club might look skint - but the owners are definitely not skint.

In other words - IMO Kitching has forced this transfer and the directors have backed down to his demands.

When they promised not to.
    On the contrary they saw Kitching as a long term investment to build around.
    That has all been undermined now.
    The team will be fine without Kitching - but there is now a large question mark over the strength of the leadership.

Progress can only be judged by what happens in the future , this window & somewhat the next one in january can only be assessed at the end of the season, what concerns me is it mirrors what happened after Val took us to a whisker of the premier league & then Duff likewise with just missing out in promotion to the championship, with on both occasions an opportunity to invest & kick on , however we didn"t with Val & the fact that the defence under Duff has been totally demolished suggests that history might be repeating itself , I don"t mean by relegation I mean by failing to invest when the situation is favourable, hopefully I am wrong & the defensive recruits do the business but as I type this reply I think we are a lot weaker at the back & this could be our downfall , we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    When the directors stand up in front of supporters and say that the club is not a selling club and no one will be sold this transfer window - and we are not here to make money and will not take a penny out of the club (applause from the crowd) - then what do you think that actually means ???

I’ll tell you what I think it means:
    Firstly I take their word for it and believe what they say.
    Secondly it gives the impression that the club finances might look weak - but the directors are NOT that concerned about the finances - they arn’t desperate to sell to bring in money.
    The club might look skint - but the owners are definitely not skint.

In other words - IMO Kitching has forced this transfer and the directors have backed down to his demands.

When they promised not to.
    On the contrary they saw Kitching as a long term investment to build around.
    That has all been undermined now.
    The team will be fine without Kitching - but there is now a large question mark over the strength of the leadership.
    Take heart in that our midfield dynamo and talisman Herbie Kane wishes his skipper and brother well at his new club YN .

https://twitter.com/herbiekane/statu...28924132728846

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Progress can only be judged by what happens in the future , this window & somewhat the next one in january can only be assessed at the end of the season, what concerns me is it mirrors what happened after Val took us to a whisker of the premier league & then Duff likewise with just missing out in promotion to the championship, with on both occasions an opportunity to invest & kick on , however we didn"t with Val & the fact that the defence under Duff has been totally demolished suggests that history might be repeating itself , I don"t mean by relegation I mean by failing to invest when the situation is favourable, hopefully I am wrong & the defensive recruits do the business but as I type this reply I think we are a lot weaker at the back & this could be our downfall , we will see.
    It doesn’t matter what happens in the future.

I was a big supporter of Chien Lee and Conway - until it was revealed what they were up to.

I’ve been a big supporter of Neerav - and this Kitching debacle has revealed one thing and one thing only - Neerav is weak.

No turning back as far as I’m concerned.
    Whatever he says now will not be taken with just a pinch of salt - it will be taken with a full bag of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    It doesn’t matter what happens in the future.

I was a big supporter of Chien Lee and Conway - until it was revealed what they were up to.

I’ve been a big supporter of Neerav - and this Kitching debacle has revealed one thing and one thing only - Neerav is weak.

No turning back as far as I’m concerned.
    Whatever he says now will not be taken with just a pinch of salt - it will be taken with a full bag of salt.

That is until the next boardroom reshuffle!!

Definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over then expecting a different outcome.

Barnsley have been doing this for 10 years now and the club is no better off for it.

It's just making the same predictable mistakes time and time again.

Name:  IMG_8142.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  18.0 KB

Still can’t believe how they have been stitched up.
    When you thought you’d won £5m.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 02-09-2023 at 09:02 AM.

were a lg1 club . So throw enough cash at it of corse we sell. Book balance is the key YN. And of course the players have ambition to play at the highest level
    Go follow Man City. There about the only club that can put a NOT FOR SALE on anyone.

It’ll be interesting to see the difference in outcome this year between yourselves and Wanderers. You chose to sell a few of your best assets and in my very humble opinion got some good money for them as a L1 club. Wanderers on the other hand had approaches for two players, Dion Charles and young George Thomason which they rejected and increased the contracts of both players. We’re not cash rich, far from it but hopefully retaining our better players will pay dividends in the long run with hopefully the promotion we missed out on last year. You too will be looking to go one better than last year so let’s see which version works out best in the end? ��

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyWhites View Post
    It’ll be interesting to see the difference in outcome this year between yourselves and Wanderers. You chose to sell a few of your best assets and in my very humble opinion got some good money for them as a L1 club. Wanderers on the other hand had approaches for two players, Dion Charles and young George Thomason which they rejected and increased the contracts of both players. We’re not cash rich, far from it but hopefully retaining our better players will pay dividends in the long run with hopefully the promotion we missed out on last year. You too will be looking to go one better than last year so let’s see which version works out best in the end? ��
    What you are describing there is exactly the same vision as Barnsley’s.

That was until 10:30 pm on 1st September 2023.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast