+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're playing MK Franchise today!

We're playing MK Franchise today!

Wot no predictions????
    Difficult one this. We've had 2 good first halves but without creating too many chances. So the result will depend largely on whether there's been work on the training ground to provide a killer pass for the strikers to finish off.
    I imagine the two newbies will be on the bench and so, injuries aside, will not be appearing until the second half.
    Also not sure of the line up with 4 CHs available. I personally would go back to 4 with Rio on the right, Williams on the left and no Offord. The rest of the team picks itself (until we get a good look at the new ones). However, as Offord is captain, I have a feeling that LB won't leave him out and so will default to a 3/5. If this happens then there will have to be changes further forward and perhaps Tracey will lose out. In this scenario, I would still play Rio on the right as I believe he poses a threat there.

Oh and 1-2.

Strangely optimistic about this one. About time we made some dominance tell.
    I’m going for a difficult first 15 mins with us leading a charmed life. Then 2 goals before half time, a goal conceded within 10 minutes of the restart and then a nervous 35 (?45!) minutes.
    Must stop drinking at breakfast!

For the Vale game I listened on RS home commentators and to be honest both were fair and gave an honest view. We dominated in the first half and the Vale pair admitted that Crewe looked the league1 side.

At half time their manager obviously had spotted a glaring weakness in our team. A couple of posters and lots of supporters in my area of the stand have been going on about how obvious it is, and why has our management not put it right. Vale dominate for the whole of the second half.

I agree on Offord being dropped but it will not happen. Personally I would have sent him out on loan. On the work on the training undoubtedly it will be more of the same old outdated tactics. The supporters are clearly seeing the problems, why are our multitude of coaches not. Sorry not really into predictions but from what I have seen so far no confident for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    For the Vale game I listened on RS home commentators and to be honest both were fair and gave an honest view. We dominated in the first half and the Vale pair admitted that Crewe looked the league1 side.

At half time their manager obviously had spotted a glaring weakness in our team. A couple of posters and lots of supporters in my area of the stand have been going on about how obvious it is, and why has our management not put it right. Vale dominate for the whole of the second half.

I agree on Offord being dropped but it will not happen. Personally I would have sent him out on loan. On the work on the training undoubtedly it will be more of the same old outdated tactics. The supporters are clearly seeing the problems, why are our multitude of coaches not. Sorry not really into predictions but from what I have seen so far no confident for this season.
    What do you think are the major problems?

Seems MK management couldn't see our glaring weakness today!! Come on the Alex.

In fact in the battle of the managers LB won hands down! After about 29 mins he moved Rio into midfield. This was the turning point. Up until that point they looked a slick passing unit but after LBs change it became clear that Alexander didn't know what to do next. Then Tracey came on and their narrow defence couldn't cope.
    Then came the moment. The Alex had obviously worked on it- Tracey down the line pulled it back for a player who had stepped back to the edge. 3 times in 2 mins this happened- Long (?), then Tabiner and finally Thomas who scored. Why their defence/manager hadn't noticed this is perhaps relevant to the final outcome.
    Anyway, still to be convinced by Cooney. He's slow, he can't turn and he cannot track his players.
    As for Rio, he should be converted to wide midfield or winger. He carries a threat when he's allowed to roam. It was a peach of a ball that Long failed to convert in the 2nd half. Talking of which, the Alex definitely created the chances.
    What price 2 wingers for the next game?

I meant ....."Long failed to convert in the 1st half...." , not 2nd.

Can we expect a bit more appreciation for LBs tactical nous after today?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Can we expect a bit more appreciation for LBs tactical nous after today?
    Rookie manager with zero experience of managing a football league team. He is actually improving week by week and I am happy with what he is doing and the way he is going about it.
    Regarding today's match, we were second best in the first half and were deservedly behind against what looked a very good side. But the switch made in the first half almost brought us an (undeserved at the time) equaliser. Second half we were by far the better side and looked a threat every time we got on the ball. We are playing some really nice football at the moment having played the more "pragmatic stuff" last season. I am not one to get carried away whether we are winning or losing, but if this carries on we are going to be a threat to anyone. Going a goal (or 2) down doesn't seem to phase us. As Lee Bell said on more than one occasion after the match, we have some very good players. And we all know where that leads!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast