+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Norwich City Post Match Thoughts

Just to add to my post: Our first choice 11 is top 10. I honestly believe that. But, sadly, the drop in quality beyond our first 11 is huge. Please keep fit lads. Oh, and not making pre arranged subs on 70 minutes was a good move. Maybe because there's now a break but Taylor ran out best players into the ground. And it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Just to add to my post: Our first choice 11 is top 10. I honestly believe that. But, sadly, the drop in quality beyond our first 11 is huge. Please keep fit lads. Oh, and not making pre arranged subs on 70 minutes was a good move. Maybe because there's now a break but Taylor ran out best players into the ground. And it worked.
    Agreed. It was crucial we kept the majority of that team on the pitch but we won't have the luxury of an international break following the game every week.

Never has the squad been more important than this season. Really hope we get the couple of free agents he has been talking about

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I’m pleased for Tony
    He’s invested a lot in recent months and he got a significant pay back for that today
    I agree he deserves a lot of credit.
    Fantastic performance yesterday every player fighting for everything. Dexter MOM for me I also thought Brammhall stuck to the task well and deserves praise.
    We are capable of matching anyone.
    Let’s make sure we go for it away from home in games too.
    A proud miller today.
    Where are all the negative nellies.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    so many positives from that game.
    1. Bramall amazing performance, so determined after last week
    2. Cafu - class we have our dan replacement
    3. Christ - how many balls and tackles did he win
    4. Dexter - this lad has a wonderful future
    5. Blackett and Humphreys look so cool
    6. Hugill - really gave it everything a very good performance
    7. Ollie a real captain
    8. Fred and Green really showing some quality and calmness on the ball
    A word for the ref, what a good sensible job he did, how Barnes was not booked and still on the pitch is beyond me, Ollie was lucky as well.
    Championship toughest league in the world, anyone can beat anyone every week is a battle

Last bit of praise to Tom eaves, he did very well when he came on and was so unlucky in the box, Nombe will have realised how hard the Championship is after that and how quick you have to think
    Fair play Derby a good balanced post. 👏👏👏

20 - P5 W1 D1 L3 GD -4 =4 points

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    I agree he deserves a lot of credit.
    Fantastic performance yesterday every player fighting for everything. Dexter MOM for me I also thought Brammhall stuck to the task well and deserves praise.
    We are capable of matching anyone.
    Let’s make sure we go for it away from home in games too.
    A proud miller today.
    Where are all the negative nellies.
    Astonishing that we’ve signed so many class players and yet there are a few who think we are worse than last season

Difficult to pick a MoM but I’d like to give a shout to a player who was with us in spring time and simply because no one’s mentioned him yet.
    Tyler Blackett. Class performance, class player. Looked like he could win a place in any cship side. Well done young man and there’s another one who is better than last season

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Yes silly comments.
    One flew past his ear and he watched it whilst never even moving
    That’s not sloppy goalkeeping, it’s playing with ten men. Another example of deflectionary tactics to mask a poor performance.
    I can’t see Delia falling for those nonsense excuses
    He did say they got bullied in first half which they did but embarrassing himself with excuse of them goals

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    He did say they got bullied in first half which they did but embarrassing himself with excuse of them goals
    David Wagner was as bad. No credit to us whatsoever
    He’s not thought it through very well because he’s gone public and said the team he’s assembled and put out on the pitch weren’t very good
    Delia,s well known for public ranting too so good luck with your catch up with her on Monday

What a great day Saturday,2hrs in the garden,shower, full English & a few beers,great game of football & 3 points.Good team effort all round,felt sorry for Sam he came on when Norwich were cranking the pace up & he looked a bit lost,a couple of nice one twos with Eaves & a lovely lay off.Somebody said that breaks come at the wrong time,I don’t think so,some good rest & get the new boys bedded in.

Another spendid display this time with the appropriate result, good performances at Sunderland and against
    Leicester provided no points but showed we are on the right page.
    That's 2 games on the trot we have matched a so called star team, things are definitley looking up and the football
    is a joy to watch.
    Johannson. Solid as a rock and a great foundation for the team to build on.
    Lembikisa. After the shaky first 20 minutes against Blackburn, the lad has been a revelation, what a performance and what a goal
    will be a top top player, links well with Fred, certainly MOM, Hope we can keep him all season.
    Humphreys. As ever calm assured full of football. Need to tie him to a long contract.
    Blackett. Another brilliant performance, showing his class now.
    Bramhall. Much better display after getting caught out with the two crosses last week, I know some aren't keen on him, but i'm sure
    he will come good big style. We can coach him to be a better defender, we can't coach that speed.
    Rathbone. Back to his ratting self, though i thought he was lucky not to get a second booking (wel done ref). He seems to relish
    the captains role, it inspres him, also he lets his views be know to the ref, which is somethinig we have lacked.
    Tieihi. Doesn't show as a standout player, just gets on with the job and does it tremendously, good to seem him last the full game
    remember he is far from match sharp.
    Cafu. Up there with Dexter as potential MOM, great delivery from set pieces, something we haven't had for ages, assured passing
    and presence, good tackles, he had it all yesterday, only downside was poor shot near the end, on target certain goal, would
    have expected him to have slotted it in.
    Green. What find, caused problems to their defence, covered back well and generally had a great game.
    Onyedinma. In what looks like a swap with Cheio with us getting cash, we have come out better, constant threat, works well
    with Dexter and can score.
    Hugill. Lovely goal much better game, tokk a bit of a battering, but i was one of those that ranted when he didn't lay the ball off
    in the second half. either side he had support and we would have been cruising at 3-1
    Eaves, showed up today didn't do too bad when he came on.
    Nombe. Not enough time and too early to judge, I'm sure he'll score us a few goals.
    Special mention to Matt and his backroom team, to Scotty and the recruitment lads, and to TS for the backing.
    Come on lads lets establish ourselves back in the division.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast