+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Player ratings v Accrington Stanley

Player ratings v Accrington Stanley

Come on then, some difficult ratings today as it was a bit of the ‘Good, Bad and the Ugly’ at times against a very difficult opponent. I was really pleased with the fight we showed to turn around a game that what was slowly becoming a bit of a slog.

Stone - Three or four great saves, but also some scarily bad moments too. Can see why he was nominated for MOTM, but he wasn’t mine - 7.5

Rawlo - Our right hand side was clearly targeted and him, Crowley and Nemane struggled as Accrington equalised and started to take control. Thought he did ok but rarely passed forward when we were being pressed high even though passes were on. Unfairly subbed again I thought - 7

Brindley - It’s like having the Brindley that IB uncovered back again. Calm, intuitive and progressive. Has made a big difference at the back in this CB role. Good performance - 8

Cameron - Much better overall from the captain but lost his man for their goal I think? Best I’ve seen him for a long time, against the best opposition as well, and no stupid falling over either, happy days - 7.5

Nemane - Not his best game and their LB had him in his pocket. Some really poor deliveries too. He has credit in my bank but he can do better. No lack of effort - 6.5

Palmer - Apart from an uncharacteristic dodgy last ten minute in the first half he was just brilliant. All over the pitch dictating play and a wonderful assist for Macca’s second goal - 8

Bostock - Didn’t reach the same heights as last week but like Palmer was really good again. Mixing play and giving some much needed help in defence…another good game for him. Love his passion for the club. He and Palmer are a delight to watch - 8

Jones - Really growing into his LWB role. Was a handful for the first 30 minutes and delivered a delicious cross for the opener. Performed his defensive duties well too. Stupid yellow card - 7.5

Crowley - After last week I tried to watch with fresh eyes. He took that headed goal beautifully, especially for such a small guy. Took and held the ball really well in a combative game and worked hard. Can’t help but feel I’m missing something with him though….still not super excited by him. Perhaps he’s just no my cup of tea, yet - 7.5

Didzy - Wasn’t involved as much as last week but Accrington were a totally different proposition to Tranmere. That being said, his physicality was ***** when we went long to get past the press….and it paid off as his flick on went to Macca for his first goal. Was surprised to see him go off as he was a big outlet for us - 7.5

Macca - Tireless. Pressing, reading the game, getting involved, interrupting their passes. Two wonderful goals of high quality finishing and unlucky not to have a hatrick. Brilliant . I love Macca, MOTM performance! - 8.5
    Last edited by TSANHO; 02-09-2023 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Come on then, some difficult ratings today as it was a bit of the ‘Good, Bad and the Ugly’ at times against a very difficult opponent. I was really pleased with the fight we showed to turn around a game that what was slowly becoming a bit of a slog.

Stone - Three or four great saves, but also some scarily bad moments too. Can see why he was nominated for MOTM, but he wasn’t mine - 7.5

Rawlo - Our right hand side was clearly targeted and him, Crowley and Nemane struggled as Accrington equalised and started to take control. Thought he did ok but rarely passed forward when we were being pressed high even though passes were on. Unfairly subbed again I thought - 7

Brindley - It’s like having the Brindley that IB uncovered back again. Calm, intuitive and progressive. Has made a big difference at the back in this CB role. Good performance - 8

Cameron - Much better overall from the captain but lost his man for their goal I think? Best I’ve seen him for a long time, against the best opposition as well, and no stupid falling over either, happy days - 7.5

Nemane - Not his best game and their LB had him in his pocket. Some really poor deliveries too. He has credit in my bank but he can do better. No lack of effort - 6.5

Palmer - Apart from an uncharacteristic dodgy last ten minute in the first half he was just brilliant. All over the pitch dictating play and a wonderful assist for Macca’s second goal - 8

Bostock - Didn’t reach the same heights as last week but like Palmer was really good again. Mixing play and giving some much needed help in defence…another good game for him. Love his passion for the club. He and Palmer are a delight to watch - 8

Jones - Really growing into his LWB role. Was a handful for the first 30 minutes and delivered a delicious cross for the opener. Performed his defensive duties well too. Stupid yellow card - 7.5

Crowley - After last week I tried to watch with fresh eyes. He took that headed goal beautifully, especially for such a small guy. Took and held the ball really well in a combative game and worked hard. Can’t help but feel I’m missing something with him though….still not super excited by him. Perhaps he’s just no my cup of tea, yet - 7.5

Didzy - Wasn’t involved as much as last week but Accrington were a totally different proposition to Tranmere. That being said, his physicality was ***** when we went long to get past the press….and it paid off as his flick on went to Macca for his first goal. Was surprised to see him go off as he was a big outlet for us - 7.5

Macca - Tireless. Pressing, reading the game, getting involved, interrupting their passes. Two wonderful goals of high quality finishing and unlucky not to have a hatrick. Brilliant . I love Macca, MOTM performance! - 8.5
    Agree in the main with those apart from Nemane who I would have gave 6, I think Nemane is the weak link, can’t defend, gives away silly free kicks and only his attacking runs at times keeps him in credit, that’s my opinion but good resilience by the team to overcome what could have been a very tricky game and keep a positive run going, onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Agree in the main with those apart from Nemane who I would have gave 6, I think Nemane is the weak link, can’t defend, gives away silly free kicks and only his attacking runs at times keeps him in credit, that’s my opinion but good resilience by the team to overcome what could have been a very tricky game and keep a positive run going, onwards and upwards.
    Overall I think the marks slightly generous. We didn't really control the game. I do feel Stone was MOM, crucial saves when needed.
    Nemane no more than 5 today I'm afraid. When we are out of possession he is unaware of where he needs to be. Teams are definitely targeting that side because of his defensive deficiencies. A difficult decision as he offers a lot going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    Overall I think the marks slightly generous. We didn't really control the game. I do feel Stone was MOM, crucial saves when needed.
    Nemane no more than 5 today I'm afraid. When we are out of possession he is unaware of where he needs to be. Teams are definitely targeting that side because of his defensive deficiencies. A difficult decision as he offers a lot going forward.
    I did wonder if they were a bit generous too, but I think sometimes you can mark the team up for coming through a difficult challenge, which we did today.

Can you imagine an IB or NA team playing against Accrington’s press 🫣

Stone - 7.5 One big error, two big saves and can see why we signed him when he's that comfortable on the ball and can properly distribute

Rawlo - 6.5 Usual from Connell , never totally comfortable on the ball , not mobile but committed.

Brindley - 8 The contrast to his Sutton performance was night and day

Cameron - 7 Solid but no more

Nemane - 6.5 Struggled against Stanley's best performer but performed the defensive side of the game well

Palmer - 8 One horrible error , a dodgy spell but the rest of sublime.

Bostock - 7.5 Was better and more involved at Doncaster but still very impressive.

Jones - 7.5 Fan favourite and rightly so.

Crowley - 7 Another goal and very comfortable on the ball and careful with it although quiet in the second and right to subbed

Didzy - 7.5 did very well aerially, disturbing the centre halves and winning plenty of flick ons. Some moments of class, key player

Macca - 8.5 Quiet first half , lots not coming off, poor touch/lay off but effort was outstanding. Worked so hard, second half two fantastic finishes, and unlucky not to have a hat trick

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    Absolutely in the first half you could see they were targeting that side as they k ew his frailties, personally at best I think Nemane is an impact sub at best. He reminds me of Enzio tbh divides opinion and if only he could improve his defending capabilities he would be a first choice.

Agree with those marks in general,I think Stone was probably motm when Macca had scored 1 but think they had chosen by the time he scored his 2nd which made him motm - wow how hard did he work 2nd half
    Nemane’s biggest attribute is his pace which their left back had also so that nullifies him quite considerably and I was saying we needed TAR when Didsy went off as we need an aerial option when we go long
    I wasn’t sure when LW went to a back 4 but how good was that to allow them to come on to us and catch them on the break when we have more space

Stone - 6
    Rawlinson - 6
    Brindley - 7
    Cameron - 8 MoM
    Nemane - 6
    Palmer - 7
    Bostock - 7
    Jones - 6
    Crowley - 7
    McGoldrick - 7
    Langstaff - 8
    All subs - 6

Good shout Cameron has read this board and stepped up a level last 2 games

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    I actually thought Nemane defended really well today in one on one situations and made a crucial clearance in the 1st half.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast