+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bristol City fan in peace

Bristol City fan in peace

Hello from a Bristol City fan in peace.

Ahead of our forthcoming game I’m putting together the opening post for our forum’s (One Team in Bristol, https://www.otib.co.uk/?_fromLogin=1) match thread, which will be posted the day before the match.

I would like to include some perspectives from your fans so if anybody would like to share info please do, anything would be appreciated, fans thoughts about the game, players who have represented both clubs, tales from when we’ve met previously, a fans view on your season, top tips for traveling fans, good pubs for away fans, etc, etc.

Look forward to receiving info and to a great game.

You did the double over us last season so we owe you one 😂
    We are a totally different team and proposition this season.
    On our day we will give anyone in this league a game so it depends which version of RUFC turn up on the day

Quote Originally Posted by LongAshton View Post
    Hello from a Bristol City fan in peace.

Ahead of our forthcoming game I’m putting together the opening post for our forum’s (One Team in Bristol, https://www.otib.co.uk/?_fromLogin=1) match thread, which will be posted the day before the match.

I would like to include some perspectives from your fans so if anybody would like to share info please do, anything would be appreciated, fans thoughts about the game, players who have represented both clubs, tales from when we’ve met previously, a fans view on your season, top tips for traveling fans, good pubs for away fans, etc, etc.

Look forward to receiving info and to a great game.
    I'd say Gerry Gow is one player who stands out as having played for both teams and he is a Millers' legend. Sent of within two minutes of his home debut against Derby on 2/2/82, a game we went on to win 2-1 which started a record run of 8 wins in the month of February and 9 wins in total. That run catapulted us from the old Division 2 relegation fodder to promotional hopefuls in a season where we came almost as close to getting to the top tier as we've ever done. Sadly Gerry missed a penalty in a 2-2 draw at Millmoor against Luton which contributed to our downfall. Whenever RUFC are in need of a hard man in midfield, anyone who followed us back then will say "we need a Gerry Gow type of player".

Another one is Shaun Goater but I'll let someone else wax lyrical about him.

The other player I recall turning out for both teams was local boy, Ryan Taylor. He had six seasons with the Millers with mixed success (two seasons spent on loan at MK Dons and Exeter.) He was sold to the Robins before the start of the 2011-12 season - a serious step up from League Two to the Championship - but in his three seasons in Bristol didn't seem to pull up any trees. He moved on to Portsmouth in 2014 and became much traveled thereafter. According to Google, he now plies his trade with Alfreton Town at age 35.

...I thought many of us on here were "of an age". The one I remember is John Galley. Scored a good number of goals at CF for both teams (leaving RUFC, where he made his name, for Bristol City, where he was dubbed "a legend").

I can still picture him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    ...I thought many of us on here were "of an age". The one I remember is John Galley. Scored a good number of goals at CF for both teams (leaving RUFC, where he made his name, for Bristol City, where he was dubbed "a legend").

I can still picture him now.
    Beat me to it Nogbad.
    He scored a hat trick on his debut for us and I have an idea he did the same for Bristol City.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Beat me to it Nogbad.
    He scored a hat trick on his debut for us and I have an idea he did the same for Bristol City.
    Just checked this and it's correct.

Martin Scott was a good solid pro and no nonsense defender we sold to Bristol city…

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I'd say Gerry Gow is one player who stands out as having played for both teams and he is a Millers' legend. Sent of within two minutes of his home debut against Derby on 2/2/82, a game we went on to win 2-1 which started a record run of 8 wins in the month of February and 9 wins in total. That run catapulted us from the old Division 2 relegation fodder to promotional hopefuls in a season where we came almost as close to getting to the top tier as we've ever done. Sadly Gerry missed a penalty in a 2-2 draw at Millmoor against Luton which contributed to our downfall. Whenever RUFC are in need of a hard man in midfield, anyone who followed us back then will say "we need a Gerry Gow type of player".

Another one is Shaun Goater but I'll let someone else wax lyrical about him.
    I was 14 at the time CAM and remember everything so well from that time.That season was the first for 3 points for a win and the winning run amazed the whole nation because of where it propelled us from to where we ended within 8 games.It was more the ''math'' than the football,where all other teams where still in '2 points for a win mode',where a draw away was a huge success. We did find another 'Gerry Gow' in Tony Grealish.At a lower level,I accept,but none the less,cut from the same cloth! RIP to them both.

Always remember us having practically the same kit in the early nineties,and when highlights came on tv I momentarily thought sometimes we was playing and indeed it was Bristol city…

https://www.footballkitarchive.com/b...0-91-home-kit/

https://www.footballkitarchive.com/r...0-91-home-kit/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast