+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dara O’Shea

Dara O’Shea

I’ve kept an eye on his first three performances for Burnley, he’s been absolutely shocking.

Same as he was for us, constantly on the stretch, poor positioning, lacking pace and getting done over his head due to lack of height.

The first goal against Burnley yesterday v Spurs was him in a nutshell.

We stole £7m from Burnley, for the life of me I cannot see what Kompany sees in him.

Good to see Jonny Evans having a shocker for Man U today when he came on as well.

Neither of these players fit to lace the boots of G Max and Olsson.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’ve kept an eye on his first three performances for Burnley, he’s been absolutely shocking.

Same as he was for us, constantly on the stretch, poor positioning, lacking pace and getting done over his head due to lack of height.

The first goal against Burnley yesterday v Spurs was him in a nutshell.

We stole £7m from Burnley, for the life of me I cannot see what Kompany sees in him.

Good to see Jonny Evans having a shocker for Man U today when he came on as well.

Neither of these players fit to lace the boots of G Max and Olsson.
    Very true, couldn’t believe it when I saw Evans come on for Man U (had missed that he had joined them).

O’Shea, never ever a PL player.

Yeah he’s a very average centre half and I was surprised we got decent money for him.

He can’t pass out and doesn’t have much speed as you say Mick. He’s the opposite of a modern defender and isn’t really worthy of a place of a progressive team in the premier league IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Very true, couldn’t believe it when I saw Evans come on for Man U (had missed that he had joined them).

O’Shea, never ever a PL player.
    Evan’s deflected Rice’s shot in for the second!🤣

I love seeing players who bail out from us having a “mare” elsewhere.

I never rated Evans at our place, Lescott was far superior in his first season albeit useless at the start of that second season.

Evans had a good spell at Leicester before this. I always liked him but I am surprised that Man U had him back at this stage of his career. Man U have lost the plot. Nothing like they used to be.

Always rated Evans and thought he was a very good acquisition for us. Past his best now though.

Evans decent for us and even now would be better than anything we have. Dawson, Hegazi and Jonas all a class above anything we have.

O’Shea for me was an average championship player - consistently better than what we have but Premier player? Your having a laugh!

O’Shea was a real prospect for us. He was one of the few players with a winning mentality.

Sadly, his technical ability lets him down.

Evans the opposite, had great ability but after Fletcher went and he was made captain the side lost its drive.

The only drive Evans gave the lads was in a taxi

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    The only drive Evans gave the lads was in a taxi
    🤣🤣🤣

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)