+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Port Vale (again)

Oh, I thought you were going to give us some actual facts.
    Like ..when will he be back. If you know tell us - that would be a fact! As for my reference to ABH, it's all a matter of intent - according to McGarry, a Vale fan, the Vale player was never going to catch Tracey and decided to take him out. This action caused an injury, the seriousness we still don't have the FACTS about. Intent plus injury = ABH. As for thugs, there's no way the epithet can be applied to the whole Vale team. However, anyone who indulges in violence that may cause injury can be called a thug.

Looks now as if the scan was hopeful - O/S says in race against time to be fit for Saturday, which if he has even a chance of being is good news going forward:

'Shilow Tracey is in a race against time to take part in tomorrow's game at Forest Green Rovers (Saturday, 3pm).

The forward limped out of the midweek clash at Port Vale after being cut down in full flight by an opponent.

Now medical staff are monitoring the ankle injury suffered by the 25-year-old, as the clock ticks down ahead of the clash at The New Lawn.

Assistant Manager Ryan Dicker said: “We don’t think it’s too serious and we are assessing it.

“It’s all about how quickly the swelling will settle. It’ll be a matter of days but whether it settles in time for Forest Green we won’t know until Friday. Touch wood, he will be available.” '

Bearing in mind above, yes some of us did overreact for which I retract some of what I said but intent was there and not just on the one occasion.
    What gets us mad is yellow cards for piddling nonsensical incidents when the punishment is no more severe for chopping someone down and causing injury.

It was the manager who said that it was serious and would need a scan. As for Mr Harkin, isn't he a closet Fail fan on the wrong forum?

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    It was the manager who said that it was serious and would need a scan. As for Mr Harkin, isn't he a closet Fail fan on the wrong forum?
    I think he claims to be a fan of both clubs - hence the name.

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    I think he claims to be a fan of both clubs - hence the name.
    A; I don't think such a joint club supporter exists lo, and
    B; he's never got a good word to say about us.
    Another elderbazzie or whatever rather needs deleting.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    A; I don't think such a joint club supporter exists lo, and
    B; he's never got a good word to say about us.
    Another elderbazzie or whatever rather needs deleting.
    Read my previous posts, I will be critical if it's needed and I praise when it's appropriate, thats what a forum is for, to express your doubts not have them closed down, I guess you've never heard of Terry Harkin it wouldn't surprise me, the over riding attitude I get is The Alex are above criticism and that everything you do is better than other clubs, well let me tell you the truth it isnt/

Now back to football I don't know if you went to both of the Vale games I did, not many Alex fans did, if you had you would have realised that in the first half of the first game Crewe were far superior and played some of the best football seen so far this season, second half they dropped off when the Vale brought on a few more senior players, in the second half of the second game it was the opposite of the first game, the Vale have been described as thugs and yet one or two of the tackles on the young 16 year old making his debut for the Vale were very questionable, the tackle that caused the injury was badly timed but thats football, whats not football is the pub player Cooney ? running 20 yds to get involved in a handbags situation that got him stupidly sent off and a forthcoming suspension, anyway thats my pennorth and if you don't like alternative views don't go on a football forum, seems like there must be alot of Alex fans who don't like alternative views judging by how many actually post on here.

I was sort of with you until the last 2 or 3 petty clauses. ( I did write 'sentence' originally but then I realised that each paragraph contained only one sentence.)
    You can't look at this site very often if you think it promotes the idea of the " the Alex being above criticism", what with it having at least 2 people who only ever criticise the club.
    In general though, it is better that properly argued alternative views are aired. Having an echo chamber of just one perspective is my main problem with social media. In fact that's probably why this site doesn't have a huge base because all the ranters go on social media.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123