+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/t Cycle lane on Wellgate

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    So which genius came up with the idea of a cycle lane on Wellgate?
    Its so the electric scooters get a clear run into town .

Quote Originally Posted by cohiba View Post
    Its so the electric scooters get a clear run into town .
    Had the unfortunate experience of being in town today and I would say Eden Mobility was the busiest shop.

Also walked halfway up Wellgate but didn't see a cycle lane. It must be a very short one.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

NB. Has anyone on here, attempted to cycle down Broom Lane in the afternoon in what is supposed to be a cycle lane? I will advise you not to around 4pm as an approximate stretch of the cycle lane from Beechwood Road down to Broom Avenue and the total opposite side of the road is taken over for 2 hours for those visiting to pray in a mosque. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a cycle lane suppose to traffic free to enable a cyclist a safe passage on their journey?
    Where is the Mosque? I thought it was next to Nursing home at bottom of Broom Lane, is there another one at top end?

Exactly my point, it starts at Beechwood road straight down. Not a chance a cyclist can use that lane, but let’s not upset the Muslims by booking them all!

**** the groomers .

I'm still getting over the council ripping up the precinct Infront of the old town hall, and replacing it with.........er, another precinct. 2 years and counting.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Exactly my point, it starts at Beechwood road straight down. Not a chance a cyclist can use that lane, but let’s not upset the Muslims by booking them all!
    The cycle a lane runs the length of Broom Lane and is often blocked by cars at any time, including around the homestead / Limes, are you saying that all the cars blocking the cycle lane around 4pm are Muslims? Why would they only park between Beechwood Road and Broom Avenue, when the rest of Broom Lane is closer, as are the side roads of the Grange and Stag Lane, unless they like the walk down.

Most of Broom Lane cycle lane is a broken line, so that doesn't help.

Highway code 140
    Cycle lanes and cycle tracks. Cycle lanes are shown by road markings and signs. You MUST NOT drive or park in a cycle lane marked by a solid white line during its times of operation. Do not drive or park in a cycle lane marked by a broken white line unless it is unavoidable. You MUST NOT park in any cycle lane whilst waiting restrictions apply.
    You should give way to any cyclists in a cycle lane, including when they are approaching from behind you – do not cut across them when you are turning or when you are changing lane (see Rule H3). Be prepared to stop and wait for a safe gap in the flow of cyclists before crossing the cycle lane.
    Cycle tracks are routes for cyclists that are physically protected or located away from motor traffic, other than where they cross side roads. Cycle tracks may be shared with pedestrians.
    You should give way to cyclists approaching or using the cycle track when you are turning into or out of a junction (see Rule H3). Be prepared to stop and wait for a safe gap in the flow of cyclists before crossing the cycle track, which may be used by cyclists travelling in both directions.
    Bear in mind that cyclists are not obliged to use cycle lanes or cycle tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    The cycle a lane runs the length of Broom Lane and is often blocked by cars at any time, including around the homestead / Limes, are you saying that all the cars blocking the cycle lane around 4pm are Muslims? Why would they only park between Beechwood Road and Broom Avenue, when the rest of Broom Lane is closer, as are the side roads of the Grange and Stag Lane, unless they like the walk down.

Most of Broom Lane cycle lane is a broken line, so that doesn't help.

Highway code 140
    Cycle lanes and cycle tracks. Cycle lanes are shown by road markings and signs. You MUST NOT drive or park in a cycle lane marked by a solid white line during its times of operation. Do not drive or park in a cycle lane marked by a broken white line unless it is unavoidable. You MUST NOT park in any cycle lane whilst waiting restrictions apply.
    You should give way to any cyclists in a cycle lane, including when they are approaching from behind you – do not cut across them when you are turning or when you are changing lane (see Rule H3). Be prepared to stop and wait for a safe gap in the flow of cyclists before crossing the cycle lane.
    Cycle tracks are routes for cyclists that are physically protected or located away from motor traffic, other than where they cross side roads. Cycle tracks may be shared with pedestrians.
    You should give way to cyclists approaching or using the cycle track when you are turning into or out of a junction (see Rule H3). Be prepared to stop and wait for a safe gap in the flow of cyclists before crossing the cycle track, which may be used by cyclists travelling in both directions.
    Bear in mind that cyclists are not obliged to use cycle lanes or cycle tracks.
    Not all cars as I wouldn't stop to count who got out of what vehicle but, it's fair to say if you're passing at that particular time, and can 'actually' see them parking up and leaving their vehicles then yes it's clear the majority are muslims. Take a visit up there and see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    Had the unfortunate experience of being in town today and I would say Eden Mobility was the busiest shop.

Also walked halfway up Wellgate but didn't see a cycle lane. It must be a very short one.
    It goes all way to hospice !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    It goes all way to hospice !!!!
    ....and continues from there up to the stag roundabout

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast