+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/t Cycle lane on Wellgate

O/t Cycle lane on Wellgate

So which genius came up with the idea of a cycle lane on Wellgate?
    Last edited by CAMiller; 07-09-2023 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Dangling title

Do your homework the answers are there if you dig hard enough. Then you can lap up, get it “lap up”” the answer.

Don't think it will bother me too much because I can't remember when I last went into the dump that is Rotherham town centre and I have no plans to do so anytime soon ☹️

Jeezus Bobby

Dangling Title?

Ffs

It should please the three cyclists that will use it

Yes , two scruffy east Europeans and one groomer .

Residents on Wellgate have found it quite handy, to park their cars on !

As part of the Green Scheme launched by the government, councils were awarded lump sums to make their town ''Greener''. It was also a case of, don't spend it, we'll take it off you so, some not so wise person(s) on the RMBC thought it would be a great idea to build a white elephant from the town centre 'UP HILL' out of town to join the other section going up towards the Brecks.

I wonder just how many folk from that area, or anyone come to think of it, will actually jump on their bike to the town centre. For one, the council have forgotten to install cycle racks to park your bike so whose going to leave their bike up against a wall waiting to be stolen, while they attempt to visit a vape shop, amusement arcade, a mobile phone shop or to Greggs?

NB. Has anyone on here, attempted to cycle down Broom Lane in the afternoon in what is supposed to be a cycle lane? I will advise you not to around 4pm as an approximate stretch of the cycle lane from Beechwood Road down to Broom Avenue and the total opposite side of the road is taken over for 2 hours for those visiting to pray in a mosque. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a cycle lane suppose to traffic free to enable a cyclist a safe passage on their journey?
    Last edited by Brin; 08-09-2023 at 09:59 AM.

Yes Mr b that is one of the biggest issues with cycling if someone was considering it. Is it going to get stolen?
    The other one is mincing around in spandex but it doesn't bother most experienced pedalers

I Reckon it's a Mobility scooter highway

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast