+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T Who Do You Wish You Had Seen Live In Concert.........

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Saw him on three or four occasions. Excellent lead singer and Hollies harmonies, second to none.
    I’ve seen them a couple of times with Clarke up front.

Otis Reading , Louis Armstrong and Pavarotti .

Sadly far too many to mention!

Used to watch quite a few bands if they played at local venues but haven't done so for many years -apart from an annual treat to see Ian McNabb if he's on tour not too far away. The price of seeing many at larger venues is simply too expensive and, in any-case, I prefer smaller venues than stadium style events where the stage seems miles away. Many years ago I did a few festivals and was lucky enough to get tickets for Live Aid though.

Amongst the best I have seen were Queen (at both Live Aid and Reading) and Geno Washington & his Ram Jam Band (at Warwick Uni) but McNabb's gigs are always very good. Also saw Geoff Whitehorn play in a really small pub in Norwich once purely by chance . He used to contribute blues lessons to Guitarist magazine at the time and was also very good. Much prefer more intimate settings, though of course once bands get popular they rarely play them so it's about trying to catch them before they break into the big time (or else catching them in their twilight !&#128512

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I’ve always loved the Rolling Stones but have never seen them live. I think it was 1976, they were due to play the Odeon, Birmingham, and I queued for ages for a ticket; the queue was right around the block. After a long time, I was at the front of the next batch of folk to be let in to the box office when we were informed that all the tickets had been sold! Subsequently, of course, the Stones played much bigger venues such as sports stadia and I don’t much care for such places, you’re usually too far away from the stage.

I never saw Elvis live, either!
    There’s still time Ketts, apparently There's a Guy Works Down the Chip Shop Swears He's Elvis 😉

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)