+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T What’s your 5 Favourite WM Club Acts

The Gents were pretty good , I remember a band called Radiation who I saw at New Road Club in Staincross around 1981 .

They did Bowie and Tubeway Army covers , pretty ahead of their time with a light show and pyrotechnics going on .

Big build up with the curtains down for five minutes , futuristic music and a voice saying " you are about to be subjected to radiation ....radiation .... radiation " .

Brilliant they were .

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    riley, you've beaten me to it. I was going to say The Internationals. We followed them all over the place even ran two coaches from Sunnyside WMC to go and see them at the Batley Variety club. Somewhere in my garage/cupboards I've still got the 7'' single they brought out "Hoots Mon" which Neil signed on the night. They were due to go on Top of the Pops at Xmas but at the last minute they were stood down. On at the Batley Variety club the same night, we also saw Shalamar.

Others already been mentioned, Discoes, I can't recall exactly how many times I saw them but it was a lot. I don't know why but i seem to recall seeing the Grumbleweeds at Albion Road WMC, I may be wrong.
    Yeah they were brilliant Brin, Neil was a proper showman. Whilst with the Internationals and playing at Eastwood View WMC, Neil was up to his tricks, climbing on tables etc. This upset the committee and they barred the group from ever playing there again. Fast forward a few years and The Gutter Band were booked to perform one Thursday night, the club was absolutely ramned and as you'll know that was a massive concert room. What none of us in attendance knew was that earlier on a committee member had recognised Neil and sent the group packing. So instead of the Gutter Band coming on stage we got chuffing Blue Moon instead. Reyt let down.

Quote Originally Posted by thaimillerfan View Post
    Soul surviver, Discoes, Cheese & Onion, Paul Shane, Tom O'connor
    I loved comedy on the clubs in the 70's and 80's thai, I remember seeing Chapman brown and frenchie more than a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    Yeah they were brilliant Brin, Neil was a proper showman. Whilst with the Internationals and playing at Eastwood View WMC, Neil was up to his tricks, climbing on tables etc. This upset the committee and they barred the group from ever playing there again. Fast forward a few years and The Gutter Band were booked to perform one Thursday night, the club was absolutely ramned and as you'll know that was a massive concert room. What none of us in attendance knew was that earlier on a committee member had recognised Neil and sent the group packing. So instead of the Gutter Band coming on stage we got chuffing Blue Moon instead. Reyt let down.
    The Albion Road WMC also banned the Internationals as they were deemed too rowdy and manic. Everywhere they went though it was a very very rowdy chaos. I recall folk picking metal drinks trays up and banging them along to the beat making more of a din . Brilliant times!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    I loved comedy on the clubs in the 70's and 80's
    thai, I remember seeing Chapman brown and frenchie more than a few times.
    Hi Ronners yeh !, I was a publican in Rotherham and myself and Dave greaves who had park hotel (gone now bless him) were members of a golf society called Artiste& Stewards We played with Rex baconand Bob from The disco's Jimmy Caroll, Paul Shane, Barry cheese great laughs great times.

F*****g hell thai, them rounds of golf must have been entertaining playing with that lot. 🤣🤣

Joe Belcher !

Quote Originally Posted by Cornish miller View Post
    Joe Belcher !
    Pardon!

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    Pardon!
    Similar act to Mr Methane?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123