+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Match ratings v MK Dons [09.09.23]

Match ratings v MK Dons [09.09.23]

Gosh that was sweaty, god knows what it was like to actually try and play football. I thought a 1-1 in my head before the game and it was probably a fair result in the end with both teams having good chances to steal the win….perhaps us more so.

Stone - Had very little to do actually. No chance with the goal where he was badly let down by the right hand side of our team. Decent passing about the back with the defenders 🤷 - 6.5

Rawlo - God only knows what was going through his head for the goal, looked pretty strange from the opposite end of the stadium and couldn’t see what happened clearly. Decent first half without having much to do - 6

Brindley - Nice and composed, read the game well and brought the ball out of defence well. Nice to have the real Brindley back - 7

Cameron - Ignore the goal and that was still his best performance for some time, more akin to his first season at Notts….and at a higher level too. Really good in defence today I thought and capped the game off with a beautiful strike to earn a point. Probably my MOTM - 8

Nemane - Mixed bag. Tireless running and chasing. Some great little runs and jinking around but zero end product. Like Rawlo, no idea what he was doing for their goal - 6.5

Palmer - Can’t speak highly enough of the guy. Always contender for my MOTM. Typical Palmer performance. Imperative for how we play. - 8

Bostock - Decent performance without really standing out. I probably missed some really good play by him. It was an interesting midfield battle between the two teams, really technical. We definitely held our own in horrible heat. He should have gone for goal with that free kick, it was begging for it - 7.5

Chicksen - Oh Chicks. I feel for him, never a wing back and has been found out desperately in this league. Anonymous. I thought actually he should have played LCB and Cameron at RWB in the first half - 5

Crowley - Despite his pass giving the ball away for the goal that was his best performance in a Notts shirt for me, especially in the second half. Brilliant use of the ball, intelligent in knowing when to pass or dribble and some excellent crosses to boot. Contender for MOTM - 8

Austin - Man he works so hard. He must’ve covered some ground today. Made some important interceptions and challenges but i think he just misses that bit of extra magic or quality of other squad members. Can be trusted to come in and not let the team down - 7

Macca - Tough day for Macca really. Missed having the physicality of Didzy alongside him to share the burden. Ran tirelessly and pressured well but by all accounts missed a sitter in the first half and headed straight at the keeper (although difficult) in injury time, mmm, tough one - 6.5

TAR - Changed the game and tempo when he came on. So dangerous with him and Crowley linking up. Every ball he put into the box was a beauty. Had Didzy been playing we’d have had another for sure! - 7.5

Baldwin - Not too much to do but did use the ball well. Played a beautiful ball into midfield at one point - 6

JOB - Mot much time to do anything - 6

MK Dons - First time I’ve been there. Wonderful stadium and setup. Liked all the restaurants and stuff outside….but what a soulless club and set of fans - 4
    Last edited by SwalePie; 20-09-2023 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Title amended

Crowley really was superb great running in this heat and clever link up play!

Quote Originally Posted by Magpike View Post
    Crowley really was superb great running in this heat and clever link up play!
    Starting to really like Crowley, however I’m trying to decide whether Nemane is a luxury or a liability….

I don't like to give ratings based on a live stream because you only see what they show, but going on what I watched I think yours are pretty accurate. I think Macca should have scored at least one of his two really good chances, but the plus point is that he still managed to lose two bigger defenders in a crowded box and find that yard of space. I think the goals will come.

Regarding MK Dons, I've only seen Notts play them away once in the old National Hockey Stadium. I had a couple of hours to spare walking around Milton Keynes before the game, and it was an awful experience. Geometric roads, buildings all the same age and no character at all. It seems the club is the same, no individual identity and no history. We have fans with a history of family support going back over a century, it will take decades for them to get to that point. If they had done the right thing and started at the bottom and worked their way up the pyramid they would have my respect, but I have zero respect for a club that stole the identity of another club.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Starting to really like Crowley, however I’m trying to decide whether Nemane is a luxury or a liability….
    He was excellent again. Tough job being a footballer, Macca sticks his cut back into an empty net and his rating goes up by like two or three for most people in here without doing anything different. I like Tobi a lot and he played well, but it’s very easy to be tricked into thinking his crossing is much better than Nemane’s when what he’s doing is just clipping the ball into an area. It looks more threatening but it’s not as likely to get you a goal as Nemane’s hard and low cut backs.

Generally thought we played well and that’s a good point. Can’t comment on the goal conceded as was still in the bar but we reacted superbly and the equaliser had been coming for ages.

Stone 6 - Solid game
    Rawlinson 6 - Was actually playing well first half, and then he thought you play right-back by vacating that area when it's being attacked
    Brindley 7 - Improving at the sweeper aspect of the position with each game
    Cameron 8 - Unrecognisable from the player at Sutton. Now hitting the form that won him a spot in the NL team of the season
    Nemane 7 - horrendous start then terrorised them for while
    Palmer 7 - typically neat performance, really takes responsibility. Mr. Consistency
    Bostock 5 - I thought he had an off-day
    Chicksen 5 - OK, but too quiet. Hope he applied the sun screen over there.
    Crowley 8 MoM - A class act
    Austin 6 - Did a lot of good defensive work, battled and never hid
    Langstaff 5 - So quiet, but could have left with his usual brace

Baldwin 8 - Great substitute performance. Just what we needed as we were looking shaky
    Adebayo 8 - Really looks the part of L2 winger. How many crosses did he get over?
    O'Brien 6 - Alright, but at this level mistakes by players a tad off the pace can prove very costly. Scares me a bit in close games.

What a difference Toby Adebayo-Rowling made ! He never once failed to beat his man and always managed to put a dangerous cross in. Chalk and cheese compared to Adam Chicksen’s performance. Apart from one single cross he contributed nothing to the performance - a waste of a shirt I’m afraid to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil45 View Post
    What a difference Toby Adebayo-Rowling made ! He never once failed to beat his man and always managed to put a dangerous cross in. Chalk and cheese compared to Adam Chicksen’s performance. Apart from one single cross he contributed nothing to the performance - a waste of a shirt I’m afraid to say.
    As much as I like chicksen and can't fault his attitude or application, he just doesn't have what it takes to be a wing back at this level.

Hopefully Randall is fit to deputise for JJ sooner rather than later.

Thought in the last 2 games Bostock has been asked to play a different role than he did as the central defensive midfielder - against Accrington and again today he has played more left midfield and a little bit more advanced,Austin played a 1/2 with him and asked him to chase it - this isn’t his game he likes to move around the defensive central area and Palmer has more legs to be box to box with Austin and Crowley further forward
    Macca should have scored the first half chance but unlucky with his header as the keeper went the wrong way and made a good save with his legs

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I don't like to give ratings based on a live stream because you only see what they show, ...

If they had done the right thing and started at the bottom and worked their way up the pyramid they would have my respect, but I have zero respect for a club that stole the identity of another club.
    I agree on both counts. Maybe not quite thewholenineyards (how could he get that so wrong?) will give his ratings based on what his mates saw on the telly.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast