+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Match ratings v MK Dons [09.09.23]

Quote Originally Posted by Chilwell_Pie View Post
    Here's hoping that the board can continue to be a positive place to vist
    No chance, and this thread is a perfect example of why not.

It was a good site right through the early 2000's but got really bitchy and we lost many good posters (I'm sure they still look). Perhaps we all got too friendly and it was a red rag to a few knuckle-heads who felt the need to insult and belittle individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    It was a good site right through the early 2000's but got really bitchy and we lost many good posters (I'm sure they still look). Perhaps we all got too friendly and it was a red rag to a few knuckle-heads who felt the need to insult and belittle individuals.
    The belittling on here largely comes from pious happy clappers ridiculing people who attend every fixture, home and away, who dare to give an honest opinion of how they saw the game.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    The belittling on here largely comes from pious happy clappers ridiculing people who attend every fixture, home and away, who dare to give an honest opinion of how they saw the game.
    Absolutely correct.

Agree 100%.

I often wonder if those that decry any criticism have actually attended the game.

What is the board for?

Quote Originally Posted by Chilwell_Pie View Post
    As someone who is interested in reading constructive contributions about Notts from all posters, but skips over the occasional outbreak of juvenile squabbling, I welcome thefulltenyards whether or not they are the poster formerly known as Laddo (TPFKAL). From what I have previously seen on here both Laddo in their former incarnation and those that regularly got drawn into the tedious squabbles with or about TPFKAL are more than capable of interesting and constructive posts about the football club that we all follow. In my view NCM is a much better place when posters stick to such constructive contributions about Notts and are respectful of others and their opinions. To use an old adage, sometimes it is better to let sleeping dogs lie than provoke them. Here's hoping that the board can continue to be a positive place to vist and reflect the current increase in positivity and hope surrounding the club as a whole!
    Totally agree. I can't say I had any problem with Laddo, but nor have I got any problem with posters like Elite. They're argumentative and antagonistic/provocative towards each other at times, but so what? Can't say I was offended or even bothered. It's all about opinions, and as you say, it's easy to skip over the squabbling or anything else that's not of interest.

I for one am thankful for the 12 seconds of no squabbling we got before it all started up again.

Would be hilarious if the poster accused of Laddo turns out to be some poor newbie. IIRC on my first post here people replied accusing me of being Laddo. It's tradition, I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    I for one am thankful for the 12 seconds of no squabbling we got before it all started up again.

Would be hilarious if the poster accused of Laddo turns out to be some poor newbie. IIRC on my first post here people replied accusing me of being Laddo. It's tradition, I guess!
    Shut up, Laddo

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Shut up, Laddo

Does it? That seems like a bit of a generalisation. It seems to me that if you put your opinion on a public forum then be prepared for it to be challenged. Especially if you’re saying something that’s a bit niche and no one else agrees with.

After a late change of plan I’m off to my 7th game out of 8 this season tomorrow night so I’m looking forward to spouting my gibberish on Saturday.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast