+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Stats that just stagger you 5

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    My daughter has a degree in Aeromechanical engineering, a masters in sustainability engineering and a PHD in chemical engineering but doesn't have any piercings, tattoos, green hair or works in McDonald's. She does work for the WM government on hydrogen boilers, heat pumps, ground source pumps etc though.
    Any chance you could persuade her to post on here? Not quite sure if I have been whooshed by your post! When North Sea Oil was an issue in pre Pravda forum days we had lots of informed practical comments from Dees who had practical experience of the topic and didn't have to rely on Internet research for their facts.
    I am becoming increasingly concerned that MSM and the like are so incompetent that they recycle opinions from anywhere as long as it suits what they perceive is their core readership or veiwing public.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    And I'll make it simple for you - the emissions from your Islay chimneys and cars in city centres are as clean as they possibly can be within current technological constraints and are not the result of a nuclear disaster. They won't cause radiation sickness, or any other kind of sickness for that matter, when it rains.
    The plutonium rain fell into the peaty soil which resulted in the movement of sheep, cattle and deer grazing on the peat moors in these areas being banned for many years.
    Meanwhile the plutonium laced peat continues to be cut and burned on an industrial scale to make peated and heavily peated single malt scotch whisky. In 2015 the Maltings in Port Ellen was cutting and burning 2,500 tons of Islay peat and according to my source that was not enough peat to meet demand from the whisky distilleries on Islay.
    Since then the Maltings on Islay are working flat out and several Islay whisky distilleries have to get their barley malted elsewhere on the Mainland to meet the requirements of their peated single malt whisky or do their own malting of their barely to make own single malt whisky themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    Your investigation,which lasted a year seems to be speaking to a guy in a garage, and finding a page on vanarama. It's not exactly detailed is it. Try comparing the weight of a zoe ev with a ford ranger or a land rover then come back and tell me how much heavier the zoe is.

Unbelievably, while typing this my car went on fire for no reason and fell through the ramp it was on in the garage, AGAIN.

Two cargo ships.... no names,no details of what else was being carried,no dates or locations. Sounds legit

If it wasn't for you I would have spent the last 10 years driving around in my ev blissfully unaware of all the fires and not even realising my car was taking down bridges all over the country due to it being about 60% of the weight of a discovery
    I would help if you compared ‘like for like’. The weight of a electric powered 4 x 4 against the weight of a diesel powered 4 x 4 instead of comparing it against a small electric powered vehicle. I will obtain the information about the two cargo ships each full of cars which have gone fire within the past two years thanks to an electric powered vehicle going on fire during passage in separate posts

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The plutonium rain fell into the peaty soil which resulted in the movement of sheep, cattle and deer grazing on the peat moors in these areas being banned for many years.
    Meanwhile the plutonium laced peat continues to be cut and burned on an industrial scale to make peated and heavily peated single malt scotch whisky. In 2015 the Maltings in Port Ellen was cutting and burning 2,500 tons of Islay peat and according to my source that was not enough peat to meet demand from the whisky distilleries on Islay.
    Since then the Maltings on Islay are working flat out and several Islay whisky distilleries have to get their barley malted elsewhere on the Mainland to meet the requirements of their peated single malt whisky or do their own malting of their barely to make own single malt whisky themselves.
    The peat is not laced with plutonium, stop being so stupid and stop trying to change the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Any chance you could persuade her to post on here? Not quite sure if I have been whooshed by your post! When North Sea Oil was an issue in pre Pravda forum days we had lots of informed practical comments from Dees who had practical experience of the topic and didn't have to rely on Internet research for their facts.
    I am becoming increasingly concerned that MSM and the like are so incompetent that they recycle opinions from anywhere as long as it suits what they perceive is their core readership or veiwing public.
    I doubt if she would, I could ask for her input on anything of course. She done her degree & masters in Scotland then her PHD in Bath and is about to start work for the WM government, she prefers this as funding North of the border is very stop start and 3 or 6 month trials are a waste of time. She works on the engineering side of it but she says what is equally difficult for the government is persuading people to invest and at least try new things but as you can see from some of the finger in the ears stance on here alone that is nigh on impossible.

I would help if you compared ‘like for like’. The weight of a electric powered 4 x 4 against the weight of a diesel powered 4 x 4 instead of comparing it against a small electric powered vehicle. I will obtain the information about the two cargo ships each full of cars which have gone fire within the past two years thanks to an electric powered vehicle going on fire during passage in separate posts
    You said electric cars were heavier than ice cars. My point is that some cars are heavier than others and always have been.

The two cargo ships that remain unidentified would surely have been carrying more than just electric cars, and found have gone on fire for any number of reasons,if indeed such cargo ships exist.

By the way,I caught hypothermia 18 times today. Fortunately my car caught fire each time and warmed me up so I could live to tell the tale.

PS..... electric cars are safety tested the same as every car

Your investigation,which lasted a year seems to be speaking to a guy in a garage, and finding a page on vanarama. It's not exactly detailed is it. Try comparing the weight of a zoe ev with a ford ranger or a land rover then come back and tell me how much heavier the zoe is.

Unbelievably, while typing this my car went on fire for no reason and fell through the ramp it was on in the garage, AGAIN.

Two cargo ships.... no names,no details of what else was being carried,no dates or locations. Sounds legit

If it wasn't for you I would have spent the last 10 years driving around in my ev blissfully unaware of all the fires and not even realising my car was taking down bridges all over the country due to it being about 60% of the weight of a discovery
    I enclose an article dated 26th July 2023 which gives details about a cargo ship containing new cars which went on fire off the Dutch coast. The article states that 25 electric vehicles were on board and the fire is believed to have happened as a result of the lithium battery in one of the electric vehicles going on fire. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66310280
    I suggest that you read the article in full where you will also read that another cargo vessel full of cars including electric vehicles went on fire in the Atlantic near the Azores in 2022.
    I previously posted that I have been researching this subject since there was an article in the Herald Scotland newspaper on 18th June 2023 stating that in January 2013 the Norwegian shipping company announced with immediate effect that they were banning all electric powered cars from sailing on their ferries.

You said electric cars were heavier than ice cars. My point is that some cars are heavier than others and always have been.

The two cargo ships that remain unidentified would surely have been carrying more than just electric cars, and found have gone on fire for any number of reasons,if indeed such cargo ships exist.

By the way,I caught hypothermia 18 times today. Fortunately my car caught fire each time and warmed me up so I could live to tell the tale.

PS..... electric cars are safety tested the same as every car
    Sadly the extent of Islay's 'research skills' are deciding on a conclusion then raking the internet to find articles that support his conclusion whilst ignoring any article or information that doesn't support his conclusion.

Islay taking on 3 big beasts and if you'll pardon the pun holding his own.

Tenacious is oor Islay. 😄

I enclose an article dated 26th July 2023 which gives details about a cargo ship containing new cars which went on fire off the Dutch coast. The article states that 25 electric vehicles were on board and the fire is believed to have happened as a result of the lithium battery in one of the electric vehicles going on fire. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66310280
    I suggest that you read the article in full where you will also read that another cargo vessel full of cars including electric vehicles went on fire in the Atlantic near the Azores in 2022.
    I previously posted that I have been researching this subject since there was an article in the Herald Scotland newspaper on 18th June 2023 stating that in January 2013 the Norwegian shipping company announced with immediate effect that they were banning all electric powered cars from sailing on their ferries.
    25 electric cars out of a full cargo. Ship was not lost. The second one went on fire, and the car batteries ignited. Doesn't say they started the fire.

Now I am not saying both fires were not caused by the batteries, but unless you were there I would say nobody can know for sure.

So 2 ships lost at sea becomes one. Both were carrying cargo other than electric cars and the one that sank did so while being towed. It is suggested one was caused by electric cars.

I will say this argument is better than the taxi driver told me argument, or the guy in the garage told me argument. But that's a pretty low bar

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)