+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stats that just stagger you 5

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    I don't think the intention is to save the planet but to at least try and cut down on pollution. I don't these new LEZ zones are the solution either but they're a start.
    Pollution has went up in Glasgow since introducing them.

Nothing to do with pollution all about control, money and destroying folks freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    I don't think the intention is to save the planet but to at least try and cut down on pollution. I don't these new LEZ zones are the solution either but they're a start.
    There is more pollution coming out of the nine whisky distilleries on Islay operating full time plus the Maltings in Port Ellen on the island of Islay burning Islay peat 24/7 to smoke the barley for peated single malt scotch whisky, yet the island of Islay is not in a smoke control area.
    People in Dundee, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen should be asking their MSPs why they are being forced to have a Low Emission Zone
    installed in their respective city but smoke control zones have not been installed in other parts of Scotland which create a lot more pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    There is more pollution coming out of the nine whisky distilleries on Islay operating full time plus the Maltings in Port Ellen on the island of Islay burning Islay peat 24/7 to smoke the barley for peated single malt scotch whisky, yet the island of Islay is not in a smoke control area.
    People in Dundee, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen should be asking their MSPs why they are being forced to have a Low Emission Zone
    installed in their respective city but smoke control zones have not been installed in other parts of Scotland which create a lot more pollution.
    It’s simple, £££’s, it’s another tax, they’ll only have it in cities as it wouldn’t be worth while out with

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    It’s simple, £££’s, it’s another tax, they’ll only have it in cities as it wouldn’t be worth while out with
    With the prevailing wind in Scotland blowing from the south west the pollution from the whisky distilleries on Islay plus the Maltings in Port Ellen is ending up falling on Central Scotland in Glasgow and on a windy day in Edinburgh.

There are various problems with electric cars which the manufacturers and the pushy climate change ‘experts’ fail to tell people about them as it does not suit their agenda.
    The electric powered vehicles EVs) are a lot heavier in weight than a petrol of diesel powered vehicle due to the weight of the much larger batteries in electric powered vehicles.
    As the range of the EVs increase so does the size and weight of the batteries in these EVs.
    The batteries of EVs like your iPad or iPhone do not last forever and as they get older the number of miles travelled between charges starts to fall.
    EVs will also have to be charged more often in the winter months as driving with the dipped headlights will drain the battery of power. Using the heater in an EV will also reduce the number of miles driven between a charge unless people sitting in the car want to suffer from hypothermia to save money.
    Garages are having to install heavier ramps on their workshops to deal with the heavier weight of the EVs and I know of one person whose EV (Tesla) was not allowed on the mezzanine deck of the MV Caledonian Isles ferry sailing from Ardrossan to Brodick.
    The EV had to sit on the vehicle deck throughout the crossing.
    There is going to be a worldwide shortage of metals needed to make all the batteries for the EVs plus the obvious question.
    Where is all the electricity going to come from if every vehicle in the U.K. becomes an electric powered vehicle.
    Last winter there was a threat of blackouts because there was not enough electricity being produced to meet the demand from industry and households without extra demand from the owners of EVs who think that they are saving the planet.
    I would say around 98% of this is absolute nonsense. Which is 2% better than most of Islays posts I suppose, so improvement of sorts.

Never had a garage ask me to come back after they installed a new ramp because my EV weighs less than a lot of ICE cars.

Most of my charging is done at night when demand on the grid is lower.

My headlights do not affect my driving range,the effect of heating is minimal. I have yet to suffer from hypothermia despite having an EV for most of the last 10 years.

My battery is still holding its charge on the same level after 4 years, and I don't think I am saving the planet,only saving money.

Where is the pollution emitted from the distilleries / maltings? Where is the pollution emitted from cars, buses and trucks? How many people live on Islay? How many people per day will be in Dundee, Glasgow and Edinburgh city centres?

I'll answer the above because you won't.

The pollution from distilleries is pre cleaned with the vast majority of harmful particulates removed. It is emitted at altitude where people don't generally breathe the air and dissipates into atmosphere becoming pretty harmless to people. Because the vast majority of harmful particulates are removed before emission it appears white / light grey rather than black - so the combination of the altitude of emission and the fact that the emission is pre scrubbed it's actually pretty harmless to people. Worth stating that in reality it's also pretty harmless to the global environment.

The pollution from cars, buses and trucks is also pre cleaned with the vast majority of harmful particulates removed. However, they're emitted low to the ground and directly into the same level as the air we breathe. Their harmful effects are mitgated however the remainder is pretty much polluting our immediate environment - globally our emissions have very little environmental effect.

The population of Islay is around 3,500 and that's over a large area. The number of people working in Dundee City Centre is likely to be double that, Glasgow and Edinburgh at least double again (estimates are probably on the low side) all concentrated in pretty small areas.

Now ask yourself where the greater risk to people from pollution is. I don't agree with the LEZ thing because other mitigations are in place and it's just a stealth tax on those who maybe can't afford a compliant car but I can at least acknowledge why they're being introduced without whinging about a personal and completely irrelevant beef.

It is a very short lived tax. If cars don't enter the zone they don't pay the charge. Simple solution is to change your travel arrangements. I'd love to see Dundee City Council lose money on this scheme. Let's get the initial set up costs out in the public domain, let's get the annual running costs made public. I am fed up of not knowing what information is being given to our local councillors to justify decisions. Whistle blowers are essential.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    It is a very short lived tax. If cars don't enter the zone they don't pay the charge. Simple solution is to change your travel arrangements. I'd love to see Dundee City Council lose money on this scheme. Let's get the initial set up costs out in the public domain, let's get the annual running costs made public. I am fed up of not knowing what information is being given to our local councillors to justify decisions. Whistle blowers are essential.
    Whistleblowers in this country are ignored, ridiculed then threatened.

This whole net zero is gonna make everyone much poorer.......then they will come for our property.

The once lunatic fringe conspiracy theorists are much closer to the truth than MSM.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Whistleblowers in this country are ignored, ridiculed then threatened.

This whole net zero is gonna make everyone much poorer.......then they will come for our property.

The once lunatic fringe conspiracy theorists are much closer to the truth than MSM.
    John Lydon blew the whistle on Savile in around 1978 - ridiculed, threatened and ostrasised.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Where is the pollution emitted from the distilleries / maltings? Where is the pollution emitted from cars, buses and trucks? How many people live on Islay? How many people per day will be in Dundee, Glasgow and Edinburgh city centres?

I'll answer the above because you won't.

The pollution from distilleries is pre cleaned with the vast majority of harmful particulates removed. It is emitted at altitude where people don't generally breathe the air and dissipates into atmosphere becoming pretty harmless to people. Because the vast majority of harmful particulates are removed before emission it appears white / light grey rather than black - so the combination of the altitude of emission and the fact that the emission is pre scrubbed it's actually pretty harmless to people. Worth stating that in reality it's also pretty harmless to the global environment.

The pollution from cars, buses and trucks is also pre cleaned with the vast majority of harmful particulates removed. However, they're emitted low to the ground and directly into the same level as the air we breathe. Their harmful effects are mitgated however the remainder is pretty much polluting our immediate environment - globally our emissions have very little environmental effect.

The population of Islay is around 3,500 and that's over a large area. The number of people working in Dundee City Centre is likely to be double that, Glasgow and Edinburgh at least double again (estimates are probably on the low side) all concentrated in pretty small areas.

Now ask yourself where the greater risk to people from pollution is. I don't agree with the LEZ thing because other mitigations are in place and it's just a stealth tax on those who maybe can't afford a compliant car but I can at least acknowledge why they're being introduced without whinging about a personal and completely irrelevant beef.
    I was gonna but ken what if someone doesn't know the difference between air pollution in a city centre compared to an island off the West coast of Scotland with a population you could fit in a phone box then you're clearly wasting your time

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)