Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
I enclose an article dated 26th July 2023 which gives details about a cargo ship containing new cars which went on fire off the Dutch coast. The article states that 25 electric vehicles were on board and the fire is believed to have happened as a result of the lithium battery in one of the electric vehicles going on fire. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66310280
I suggest that you read the article in full where you will also read that another cargo vessel full of cars including electric vehicles went on fire in the Atlantic near the Azores in 2022.
I previously posted that I have been researching this subject since there was an article in the Herald Scotland newspaper on 18th June 2023 stating that in January 2013 the Norwegian shipping company announced with immediate effect that they were banning all electric powered cars from sailing on their ferries.
25 electric cars out of a full cargo. Ship was not lost. The second one went on fire, and the car batteries ignited. Doesn't say they started the fire.

Now I am not saying both fires were not caused by the batteries, but unless you were there I would say nobody can know for sure.

So 2 ships lost at sea becomes one. Both were carrying cargo other than electric cars and the one that sank did so while being towed. It is suggested one was caused by electric cars.

I will say this argument is better than the taxi driver told me argument, or the guy in the garage told me argument. But that's a pretty low bar