+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: O/T Mega Poptastic Pop Quiz (47)

Quote Originally Posted by eversleymiller View Post
    7. Welcome home - Peter’s and Lee
    27. You won’t find another fool like me - New Seekers
    33. The ying tong song - The Goons
    38. Gonna make you an offer you can’t refuse - Jimmy Helms
    53. Spanish eyes - Al Martino
    Cheers CAM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    42. If you don't know me by now - Harold Melvin and the Bluenotes. (The Simply Red connection in the clue was great...)
    25. Can't remember the exact title but something like Say, have you seen Gypsy Rose by Tony Orlando/Dawn. ( I was going to go with Place Of My Own by Caravan but thought better of it...)
    All correct. Close enough on 25 as it was Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose and only Dawn got the credit.

Just 2 to go now.

26. When I'm on the floor The kids yell for more, more, more (Did too much dancing lead to their extinction?)
    47. We'll go flying each and every night Carry your picture through every flight (Bad maths by the lead pharmacist)
    Last edited by CAMiller; 13-09-2023 at 06:51 PM.

26. sounds like it could be rebel yell by Billy Idol

Quote Originally Posted by Adventus2012 View Post
    26. sounds like it could be rebel yell by Billy Idol
    It does but wrong era I'm afraid.

26. also reminds me of a T.rex song but cant remember what its called, it was my brother that was into them. "I'm a mover" or something like that!
    47. reminds me of a song but cant place it at the moment. I know ive heard that lyric before.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    All correct. Close enough on 25 as it was Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose and only Dawn got the credit.

Just 2 to go now.

26. When I'm on the floor The kids yell for more, more, more (Did too much dancing lead to their extinction?)
    47. We'll go flying each and every night Carry your picture through every flight (Bad maths by the lead pharmacist)
    I’d put an answer to 47 in my list, CAM. Did it not appear? (One and One is One - Medicine Head)

Quote Originally Posted by Adventus2012 View Post
    26. also reminds me of a T.rex song but cant remember what its called, it was my brother that was into them. "I'm a mover" or something like that!
    47. reminds me of a song but cant place it at the moment. I know ive heard that lyric before.
    Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    I’d put an answer to 47 in my list, CAM. Did it not appear? (One and One is One - Medicine Head)
    I'll give you that Adventus, it's The Groover by T Rex.

Yes it is there CT. I'd gone back once and seen your addition of 25 but not 47. It is correct and I think you was the one who got it last time when I probably gave the same clue

It looks like we about done on this one, it was 1973. One more 'special' quiz coming tomorrow before it's back to the grind of football

1. The next morning being Sunday, several of the boys went to church Deck Of Cards Max Bygraves
    2. So make a stand for your man, honey Can The Can Suzi Quatro
    3. See her shake on the movie screen Jimmy Dean Jimmy Dean Rock On David Es***
    4. Little things I should have said and done I never took the time Always On My Mind Elvis Presley
    5. Every Sha-la-la-la Every Wo-o-wo-o Still shines Yesterday Once More The Carpenters
    6. To the music that never ends To the people we want to be Power To All Our Friends Cliff Richard
    7. When you come back, and you're beside me These are the words I'll say to you Welcome Home Peters and Lee
    8. I heard he sang a good song, I heard he had a style Killing Me Softly With His Song Roberta Flack
    9. Don't ask me why I'm feeling blue 'Cause loving you is all I can do Street Life Roxy Music
    10. His name was always buddy And he'd shrug and ask to stay Drive-In Saturday David Bowie
    11. We get wild, wild, wild We get wild, wild, wild Cum On Feel The Noize Slade
    12. We got a thing goin' on We both know that it's wrong Me and Mrs. Jones Billy Paul
    13. I said slow don't go so fast Don't you think that love can last All Right Now Free
    14. Take my hand, together we can rock 'n' roll Caroline Status Quo
    15. And make believe you love me One more time For The Good Times Perry Como
    16. Clowns to the left of me Jokers to the right Stuck In The Middle With You Stealer's Wheel
    17. My sister looks cute in her braces and boots A handful of grease in her hair Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting Elton John
    18. And the music was soothing And they all started grooving Ballroom Blitz Sweet
    19. He was sitting on the edge of my bed With his brother whose name was fred The Laughing Gnome David Bowie
    20. I love the way you know you're the best I'm in love! an' I'm in a mess My Coo Ca Choo Alvin Stardust
    21. You're a bad dog, baby But I still want you around Get Down Gilbert O'Sullivan
    22. Who'd ever believe it, Come on come on I’m the Leader of the Gang Gary Glitter
    23. Load up, load up, load up Rubber Bullets 10cc
    24. So take away the flowers that you gave me And send the kind that you remind me of Paper Roses Marie Osmond
    25. Now she's got rings on her fingers and bells on her toes Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose Dawn
    26. When I'm on the floor The kids yell for more, more, more The Groover T.Rex
    27. You know darned well you're fooling 'Cause wherever you may go You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me The New Seekers
    28. One-ten in the shade And the pavement was steaming Summer (The First Time) Bobby Goldsboro
    29. You had one eye in the mirror, as you watched yourself gavotte You're So Vain Carly Simon
    30. Sailors fighting in the dance hall Oh man, look at those cavemen go Life On Mars David Bowie
    31. When you believe in things That you don't understand Superstition Stevie Wonder
    32. Some say that, some say this Some say no, some say yes Alright Alright Alright Mungo Jerry
    33. Hear the crazy rhythm driving me insane Strike your partner on the buns Ying Tong Song The Goons
    34. I was working in the lab late one night Monster Mash Bobby 'Boris' Pickett and The Crypt-Kickers
    35. Well, it's a jumpin' little record I want my jockey to play Roll Over Beethoven ELO
    36. If this ever-changing world in which we live in Makes you give in and cry Live and Let Die Wings
    37. Baby, if you just say you care Follow you most anywhere Roll Away The Stone Mott The Hoople
    38. Gonna put my finger on you Gonna Make You An Offer You Can't Refuse Jimmyy Helms
    39. And the colored girls say "Doo do doo do doo do do doo..." Walk On The Wild Side Lou Reed
    40. And the only explanation I can find Is the love that I've found Top Of The World The Carpenters
    41. And it's a silk sash bash, a silk sash bash 48 Crash Suzi Quatro
    42. What good is a love affair when you can't see eye to eye If You Don't Know Me By Now Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes
    43. After the turn of the century In the clear blue skies over Germany Snoopy v The Red Barron The Hotshots
    44. Til the day I die Til the day I die Part Of The Union The Strawbs
    45. Now the whole damned bus is cheerin' Tie A Yellow Ribbon Tony Orlando and Dawn
    46. On Highway Number Ninet.een The people keep the city clean Nutbush City Limits Ike & Tina Turner
    47. We'll go flying each and every night Carry your picture through every flight One and One is One Medicine Head
    48. Must be the clouds in my eyes Daniel Elton John
    49. Do the fairies keep him sober for a day? Merry Xmas Everbody Slade
    50. He's outrageous He screams and he bawls The Jean Genie David Bowie
    51. He's put a great big smile on somebody's face I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day Wizzard
    52. You can't plant me in your penthouse I'm going back to my plough Goodbye Yellow Brick Road Elton John
    53. Please, please don't cry This is just adios and not goodbye Spanish Eyes Al Martino
    54. You better watch out if you've got long black hair Blockbuster Sweet
    55. The book of life is brief And once a page is read And I Love You So Perry Como
    56. Everybody says it's just like Robin Hood 20th Century Boy T.Rex
    57. They didn't realize that I was strong enough for two I Love You Love Me Love Gary Glitter
    58. We don't have tomorrow But we had yesterday Touch Me In The Morning Diana Ross
    59. And I know that every dream of every lover comes true You Can Do Magic Limmie and the Family Cookin'
    60. Your gold satin jacket and the silvery blues And it'll be alright Dancing On A Saturday Night Barry Blue

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456