+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Huddersfield Town Post Match Thoughts

Huddersfield Town Post Match Thoughts

Can there be anything worse than a great win against Norwich, having two weeks off from football and coming out of the break full of excitement and anticipation only to put in a display flatter than a pint of Watney's Red Barrel. You can't survive at this level with the odd win over 'big named' teams, you have to pick up points (at least 1 and preferably 3) in the 'bread and butter' games like away at a struggling Huddersfield Town on a Saturday in September. Disappointing and simply not good enough.

Thoughts?

We need a better left back than Bramall.
    We miss Cafu.
    Hugill needs support.
    We need to move ball into striking opportunities quicker.
    We need to shoot.
    Eaves needs to learn to direct a header away from the keeper.

I don't expect us to consistently hit the heights of the Norwich game but to go from that to today's lacklustre display is inexplicable. OK we were always going to miss Cafu but that doesn't explain that performance against a not very good side who could have had 6 today.

I'll leave it to others to attempt to explain that frustrating and underwhelming performance. However, I'd like to do a quick analysis on the contribution of Tom Eaves after his introduction;

i. Missed a 'meat and drink' centre forward heading opportunity with 70% of the goal gaping - AGAIN!
    ii. Gave away a needless foul as Rotherham pressed to get something out of the game.
    iii. Stood idly offside as the ball was played up front giving respite to the opposition.
    iv. Laid off a lovely ball to the Town midfielder to break for another assault on the Rotherham goal.

Have I missed anything?

If MT considers Eaves is a superior striker to Kelly, we are in big trouble. Sort it out man!

Garbage and to make things worse the feckin trains been cancelled.

So just in Huddersfield having sit waiting for a ride home.

This game was shockingly bad. It's as bad as I've seen us in the last few years, up there with the Stoke cup game.

Bramhall? Please don't play him on the left with a defensive duty. He's a winger who's pace would be better used elsewhere. He wasn't injured, went down, stayed down and then was fine. The goal came from where he should have been. Again.

As for the front three.

Green? Too far from Hugill to assist with anything.

Fred? Still can't work out what his roles was today, he was Mia.

Hugill - Tried, had no support. Going for balls and flick ons was a waste as we effectively had one up front today.

Arw we playing a Christmas Tree with the two behind Hugill floating wide? Because I couldn't work out if we were a 4-3-3, a 4-3-2-1 or a 2-2-3-2-1 today. The players certainly couldn't.

Nombe: Injured? Not fit?

How can the team change so drastically from our last game? Only Cafu the difference. Was Rathbone the best person to take corners? Prefer not to pick out players to blame but today Hugill was either on the floor, fouling or offside. We then bring on Eaves. Less said the better. I am hopeful this was a one off poor performance or we’re in trouble.

We were dreadful today, I can’t believe how bad we played. Huddersfield were lucky not to score 5/6.

Our attacking play is too slow, it needs to be more direct. Hughill, Eaves, & bramall all need to be dropped and Kelly, Nombe & Clucas all need to start. If Taylor has any idea how to manage a team he needs to realise that his tactics are not working, every game we play we need to play to win not draw/ lose.

Sadly though I do not think Taylor is the man for the job, and sadly sooner rather than later his time will be up.

where do we start? There was nothing positive in that game at all and so many negatives.
    1. No desire no passion, in the last 10 minutes we looked shattered and unable to create anything, the players had given up
    2. We do not have a centre-forward good enough for this league, that miss by eaves was embaressing
    3. No pace in our play, we don't move the ball forward with any speed, so it is easy for teams to get behind the ball, only rathbone tries to move forward quickly
    4. At least 30% of the players we have brought in don't look up to it at the moment, that needs to change. I also include the players that get injured a little too much.
    5. We don't look capable of getting any points away from home, we lack tactics all we get is big boot to Hugil who is not a footballer, he just wants to fight
    6. Set pieces were awful, such an important factor for a team like us and we can't take them and have no plan B if cafu doesn't play, come on MT that is basic stuff
    7. Bramall is not a defender, rolling about made us lacking players for the first goal and for a player of pace he lost his man for the second.

Overall they wanted it more, they worked harder and if they were a good side it could have been 5 or 6 if they had their shooting boots on, no excuses for that it was an awful performance and they are the games that relegate you.
    Last edited by Derbymiller; 16-09-2023 at 04:31 PM.

That was bloody awful,tactically have not got a clue, basics not a clue, passing not a clue,winning second ball not a clue. Defending not a clue.We have not got a partnership,Fern - Moore, Towner - Seasman, Finney - Gwyther .We played like 11 poor strangers.Will the real Rotherham Utd please show your self.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast