+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Huddersfield Town Post Match Thoughts

At least Clucas can take a second and play football, the only positive I'm taking from today.

Huffed and puffed but devoid of any quality / ideas. Painful to say but we were clueless in the final third.

Usual away performance against a fellow struggler. Taking the biscuit now how we are so Jekyll and Hyde when playing at the NYS to away.

They are sh1te but still created great opportunities. What that made us today I dread to think.

Nombe...... things can only get better.

I've just read MT's post-match comments which included:

"I might have to adapt slightly differently and almost have a home and away split as we have to find a way of being better than we are at the moment. It’s a constant struggle and so, so frustrating."

I can't say that fills me with confidence ahead of the next game at Millwall because it sounds as though the manager doesn't really know what to do next.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I've just read MT's post-match comments which included:

"I might have to adapt slightly differently and almost have a home and away split as we have to find a way of being better than we are at the moment. It’s a constant struggle and so, so frustrating."

I can't say that fills me with confidence ahead of the next game at Millwall because it sounds as though the manager doesn't really know what to do next.
    Or that he's only just realising we should play a bit different home and away.

We are not a dominant force in the league or in a league of mainly equal teams. Away needs to be a smash and grab.

If we want to tippy tap at home, best do it when we are at full strength.

Sounds like we were lucky to get nil, as Bill Shankly might have said. Shan't bother staying up tonight to see the high(?)lights on ITV4. But we can't be that bad 2 games running so perhaps we'll turn over Millwall at the Den. If Norwich can beat them and we can beat Norwich, stands to reason we're going to beat Millwall. That's how it works, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    Or that he's only just realising we should play a bit different home and away.

We are not a dominant force in the league or in a league of mainly equal teams. Away needs to be a smash and grab.

If we want to tippy tap at home, best do it when we are at full strength.
    Well, if he's only just realised that after 46 games in charge.......☹️

Time to be grateful - against some sides that performance would have led to us conceding double figures. Clu-class surrounded by the Clue-less

Big Tom - wasn't alone as embarrassing - a performance that wouldn't have yielded much against most L2 sides - just awful. Does Tom regularly score in training? Just a thought...

Plenty of negatives, most have been already covered. Appiah dithered with the ball several times. We played so, so slow.
    Never looked like scoring from open play.
    Why is it so hard to kick a ball into the middle from a corner?
    Bramall, trod on the ball and we don't clear, after several attempts, and they score at the back post. 2nd goal, they break forwards and the ball is hard and low across goal, Thomas scores and Bramall is a yard off him.
    Time to give this lad Revan a go on Weds.

Clucas looked a class above what was on the pitch. Several times when he had the ball, he was waving his arms for someone to move into space. Just hope he can stay fit.............

Yes I’m getting old & footballs change but why change the way we play away.We have played some good football at home & pressing game so why change it away.Stick to what we are good at & don’t complicate it.It’s got to be better than that crap today.Win or lose.

My thoughts exactly Lol Morgan, it's the same game wherever the games played isn't it?

That was a difficult match to watch,after about fif**** minutes I thought we haven't much to beat here,then a couple of minutes later we concede a soft goal yet again.That then lifted the home side and we seemed to have no real plan of what to do.Losing our Portugese star was a big loss.However when we have no pace up front we struggled and whenever a midfielder was on the ball we had no movement in attack.We need to make adjustments for our next match.Play the Villa lad Revan at left back and push Bramall up front.Sam Clucas looked very good when he came on and must start on Wednesday.Eaves is not the answer and Hugill has been disappointing.I'd play Fred in a central position alongside Nombe.Fingers crossed Cafu will be back soon,MT hinting that he may not be ready for Preston but hopefully for the following match following match.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast